Boards & Rec
Old 04-20-2020, 08:22 PM   #3091
Magnum
Forum Leader

tifa plays so good, and has so many fucking moves. she needs her own character action game that's just her and the local "community watch" freedom fighters shaking down local merchants for services and silencing guys who talk to shinra, all while petting cats and chilling with sassy yet nurturing landladies as idyllic studio ghibli music plays. it'll end with her turning to the camera and saying "the true cosa nostra were the friends we made along the way."

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #3092
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

bruhhh after changing the water filter in my room and going to the very next objective I had a severe oh god, oh fuck moment when  you just walk right into Tifa's room and see her old boots and stuff and she LOOKS at you before talking  aaahhhh

It's the next day and we have a BIG day ahead of us. The extra flavor they've added to this point is both cheesy and appreciated but I am absolutely having fun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #3093
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
Speaking of BOTW, Amy got back into playing that now that she realized she can have her own game on her own acct instead of using Joshua's. Although, she only plays part of the game and he does the hard enemies but she's obsessed and says it is her favorite game. Mostly she hangs out in Hateno and then runs out to beat up a few easy bokoblins and collect ingredients. They beat that beast where you get Mipha's Grace and she was cheering like crazy.
cliff mostly just changes outfits and uses revali's gale over and over until it's depleted, but the other day he stumbled on a pack of bokoblins (including a white one) and beat them all, so i think he's actually starting to get the hang of it. he also just loves the divine beasts (particularly the elephant) and will fast travel back and forth between them over and over

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  kupomog

Old 04-24-2020, 04:11 AM   #3094
benjamin
-

It's funny watching everyone on twitter be horny for Tifa in FFVIIR

It's like being 12 again.

benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #3095
Magnum
Forum Leader

i'm watching twenty-year-olds streaming the wall market section and you get to see the entire spectrum of human emotion

every character is hot and the game is absurdly horny

i'm constantly asking myself if this is the best soundtrack to a game i've ever heard

character writing and interaction some of the best i've seen in a AAA

gameplay feels so new (yet old) that it feels like it's pushing a new sub-genre

minigames

scenarios from the old game are dialed up to 11

excess excess excess

mako can't melt steel beams

this game gives zero fucks

the best thing i can say about it is that it makes me feel like i'm playing a squaresoft game

or idunno i've been told i overstate things

Old 04-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #3096
kupomog

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
It's funny watching everyone on twitter be horny for Tifa in FFVIIR

It's like being 12 again.
But now we are all adults who realize Aerith can get it too and the superior couple is neither Cloti nor Clerith but Tifaerith

by:  benjamin

Old 04-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #3097
kupomog

Also I just about went eeeeeeeee when I heard Underneath the Rotting Pizza start up roaming through Sector 5. I truly loved Midgar in the original. What a weird place.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 AM   #3098
Magnum
Forum Leader

every time sephiroth speaks to cloud, i swear the camera cuts away just as he's about to bite his lip

Old 04-26-2020, 12:24 AM   #3099
kupomog

I love the fact that the dude playing Sephie bishie is also the current CW TV Superman

Old 04-26-2020, 01:48 AM   #3100
Magnum
Forum Leader

makes sense, seph is sort of a bizarro geralt

Old 04-26-2020, 02:47 AM   #3101
Magnum
Forum Leader

i don't think i remember spotting a reused 3D asset that wasn't like a bed of flowers or a mass produced piece of furniture that specifically matches the room it's in, which is kind of a frightening level of quality. did people die to make this?

Old 04-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #3102
kupomog

Amy has been watching me play on and off since the start of the game and is mesmerized. Yesterday she watched me play from maybe halfway through Wall Market (omg the Honeybee Inn tho) through the Sector 7 plate falling. She is both amazed and horrified. "Wow what a sad game, am I right? Don't cry Barret and Tifa!" Girl, you have no clue lmao.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #3103
Magnum
Forum Leader

andrea rhodea should be the ultimate secret final boss after emerald/ruby. his power is incomprehensible.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #3104
kupomog

Apparently Andrea and Jules from the gym are siblings per the Ultimania. Little dumb details like that make me so happy. This game makes me happy outside of still having a little trouble with being impatient for the ATB to fill while getting pummeled. I've actually been having silly FFVII related dreams lately, feels like 1997 again.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #3105
box elder
Forum Leader

[quarantine psychosis update]:

decided to go back to my original botw game and try to 100% it. i've now gotten all 900 koroks, gotten all the kilton medals, and gotten 100% of the map (i was stuck at 99.91% for a while before i discovered that i was missing little twin bridge this whole time apparently). now all i need to do is complete the side quest where that dumb kid wants to look at weapons, and complete trial of the sword (i've completed the first part but not the second or third -- it's just so tedious when i get deep into it and die and have to start over that i rarely want to even try). i've also been learning how to do bomb impact launches, which are fun as hell and add a whole new layer to the game. i still only have a success rate of like 25% at best, but when you get a really good one and fly insanely far/fast, it's so gratifying

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #3106
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so since we moved last may I have been slowly getting all the games out. things were going pretty well, then I came across skies of arcadia and started a new playthrough. this is the gamecube version and it still holds up. the ship battles are still as much fun as anything I have ever played in any rpg.

animal crossing has gotten a daily run from me since release. sometimes just 14 minutes, then sometimes I lose a couple of hours just building up the island.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List