Boards & Rec
Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #451
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Yeah, I used the word slur. So? Where do I complain about not being able to use slurs myself?
"But if YOU dare to say anything about my group or have any sort of opinion about anything related to my group, there will be hell to pay!" NOT slurs and not talking about myself specifically.

Here's your example:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#45fc0338247c
This is just the first example that came to mind. I'm not a misogynist or whatever, so don't go assuming that.

Another great assumption, but that doesn't make it true. I just didn't understand that you required me to provide an example. Can't I just be stupid and completely missed that, instead of being called "talking out of your ass and regurgitating anti-feminist gamer youtubers"?

I'm trying to stay at least a bit friendly in my replies, but if you feel the need to shout me down like that, that's kinda childish. You do realize we were just having a disagreement and can stay nice to each other?

Calm down.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Guns don't kill people. Physics kill people!

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #452
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

guys, guys I met Beto friday night. we discussed gun control, ghostbusters and a little GOT. everything is going to be ok.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #453
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Clicked on a random back page and saw a post from Cole

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #454
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

The "40-year-old white dudes" were outraged that Brie Larson said in one of her speeches that she doesn't want to know the opinion of some 40-year-old white dudes about this movie she saw. I haven't seen A Wrinkle In Time, but I think it has a cast of black women. So that's why she apparently believes "40-year-old white dudes" opinions don't matter and should not write about this movie.
The writer used the word "silly" to describe this controversy. That's exactly what it is: silly. That's how I perceive it at least.
It's silly from both sides. Brie Larson has made some silly remarks and the "white dudes" got upset over it and did some silly stuff, like trying to boycott her Marvel movie.

It's outrage over something very silly.

Something different.
I do admire Stephen Fry for his ability to articulate. This short bit of him on political correctness is very interesting, in my opinion:

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #455
kupomog

What Brie Larson said in her "speech" seems to have gone through some warping that resulted in lot of angry bitches. She essentially said "but can we have more chairs at the Press table for POC and women?" rather than "can we take away all the chairs of all these whites from the entire world?" which is the cry of women and "coloreds" since the dawn of ... us having a voice.

Quote:
In the same style of harassment internet campaigns that have targeted women and minorities in video games, comics, and geek-branded film franchises like Ghostbusters and Star Wars, reactionary trolls have burped up a deluge of content targeting Larson and Captain Marvel in recent weeks. Most of it claims to be outraged over the notion that Larson hates white men, which is what someone might take from the following out-of-context quote by Larson if it were relayed through a 30-person game of telephone in which everyone has cotton balls stuffed in their mouths and is also mostly deaf:

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male,” Larson told Marie Claire interviewer Keah Brown, a disabled journalist the actress handpicked for the gig. “So, I spoke to Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

by:  box elder

Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #456
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

diversity good. fire bad.

Old 11-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #457
derek
貴重な体液

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
yeah i'm definitely not gonna dig through this whole thread, but just that first page is a doozy. derek being shocked, simply *shocked* that he would dare get pushback for casually calling people r****ds
yeah i was wrong on that one in hindsight lol

derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #458
derek
貴重な体液

so glad i have mod powers so i can see scott's damage control deletions
pretty sure he was my age now when he made those posts! he was a grown ass man
me stu and others were young and ignorant shut-ins who had no idea what we were talking about or how anything in the world worked

for whats its worth i'm pretty sure most of the people in this thread have completely changed their ideas on these things (even scott)

also the jordan peterson shilling on the last page ahahaha, little did we know we were just encouraging that shit

Old 11-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #459
derek
貴重な体液

re: academia, i will say tho i did laugh when my professor said someone made a complaint about her cause she showed a clip from 9/11 and the student had never seen footage of it before

i mean, it was probably more offensive when we all saw it back in 2001 and the deaths of all those people were fresh wounds but i dunno

Old 11-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #460
brody
I'm the real Lance

hey derek

brody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #461
Alduin
Dragon God

I've pretty much given up on Twitter. No such thing as a war of words these days, more like a war of insults.

Alduin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #462
Magnum
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
I've pretty much given up on Twitter. No such thing as a war of words these days, more like a war of shouts.

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #463
kupomog

I only use Twitter when I want to follow absurd drama. That's all it is worth to me.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #464
Magnum
Forum Leader

yo amber, how's life

Old 02-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #465
kupomog

Hey hey maggie's magnum. TBH I'm navigating some insane depression and I absolutely hate living with my terrible brother which contributes about 75% to the decay of my mental health with a rise in anger, but...... I've got Joshua and Amy and I'm in love with watching her grow up with books and video games so that levels me out a bit. It's probably cheesy sounding but being a parent fulfills me when I don't worry about finances.

I'm on track to get referred to a psychiatrist or psychologist and I got a raise recently so I'm hoping it'll help me situate myself in a new mindset this year. Got a lot of health crap to deal with but I gotta pick and choose what to pay for throughout the year. My parents and I had a really long emotional discussion about why I am how I am and I think MAYBE it has finally helped my mom stop assuming the worst shit about my actions when my spoons are depleted. I'm trying to be more positive about everything. Mostly I just watch Bon Appetit videos over and over to go to my happy place.

How are things with you?

Old 02-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #466
Magnum
Forum Leader

:[ i'm sorry about that. i'm also living with someone i can't stand

i walked out of my last job in october, after working there three years. i'm living with my dad, plus some dumbass. i need healthcare for kidney stones. i really need a psychiatrist, i don't have anyone i can talk to and i'm starting to worry if i'm really mentally deteriorating into being actually insane.

back in 2016 i was doing good and was happy for the first time in my adult life, but i ruined it pretty hard by being subhuman trash. i got suicidal, had a severe breakdown, cutoff all non-familial relationships. i've been numb for the past few years since, but i think i'm moving towards a place to where i'm going to have to start facing myself again and i'm scared of what it's going to be like. i'm also scared of forming relationships and getting close to people, because i'm worried that it will be actually dangerous for me to start lowering my emotional walls.

i push a lot of this stuff out of my mind most of the time, and it doesn't start to feel real until i put it in words

but last year i bought a pc and lately i've been occupying myself with massive fallout and oblivion/skyrim mods

Old 02-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #467
kupomog

Aww dude, I'm sorry things have been so hard. I know that feeling of wondering if I've actually been driven insane finally by all the frustration, anger, and depression. I think maybe I just am at my limits with non-response regarding policing my brother's stupid fucking terrible habits. I know my parents have basically given up talking to him bc he's a wall you can't say anything to. I guess you gotta hit the bottom to get back up for real sometimes. I hope you can find someone to talk to and help you out soon

I wish I still had a PC. While I certainly had more time available to myself back in the day, I find my creativity and motivation have really dissipated when I don't have access to a monitor, keyboard and mouse or with everything being reduced to mobile devices/gaming consoles only. It's a different experience. I feel out of my element on mobile. I miss firing up the PC and editing a whole bunch of silly crap in PS. My meme game would be so strong if I kept up with that shit.

I'm like super dying to replay Oblivion too. Despite playing through like 80% of Skyrim and its DLC on 360, I repurchased the whole thing on PS4 on sale intending to play it. Joshua also happened to buy it for Switch bc I guess that's gaming life now...repurchasing shit endlessly like fools. I never did start it up tho bc I got sucked into an Elder Scrolls shitposting group who got me ITCHING to replay Oblivion, but I don't have a stable way to do that rn. My 360 sounds deader than modern Marge Simpson.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #468
Magnum
Forum Leader

oh man, your brother is in his 40's, right? hopefully he'll be seeing you and josh as heads of the household more and more, if that's been a problem. you're the ones with a kid and bringing money in.

my niece and nephews are great, and i could invest more time in them. but i feel like a bad role-model, and i'm confident at least one parent, if not all 4 would agree. still, they love the mini-nintendos i gave them, and i'll probably give away my old consoles the moment any of them show an interest.

----

yeah this was my third time buying oblivion and skyrim. playing oblivion on pc is a chore for me though. there's no controller support and i can't do mouse and key. so i mapped a controller through steam where i alternate an action mode and a menu mode with the left bumper. it woooorks... but man i put a thousand+ on xbox and i would love to feel my full muscle memory return. and even on top of that it's a bit of a shock to realize how primitive it looks compared to skyrim, despite the both of them coming out in the same console generation. i also kinda forgot how much more of an rpg it is.

really i'm playing it for morrowblivion which mods in morrowind's content as an oblivion expansion. i also played "a tale of two wastelands" which basically turns all of fallout 3 into a new vegas expansion. i'm anxious for the skyrim-ified fan remakes of oblivion and morrowind that are coming along and are looking actually good. and i'm hoping both of them can be fully integrated into proper skyrim down the line.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #469
kupomog

Ooh someone on NHC mentioned Morrowbilvion and I've been very interested in that. It looks so cool and I never got to play Morrowind but really would like to. PC mods are amazing. I need a dang PC again.

And yeah that goon is in his 40s. He has a window washing job but he apparently can pick and choose when he wants to work and just randomly stays home for a whole fucking month as if that helps anyone with payments. He also has managed to ruin my usual October staycation 4 years in a row by staying home from work while my parents are in Vegas. Last year I made it painfully clear that shit would hit the fan if he did it AGAIN and he was spoken to over and over, including the NIGHT they flew out, to NOT be in the house and go to work. And he still didn't and gave insane attitude when I was on the phone with my parents trying to not off myself because of his stupid ass. He's a selfish shithead and I'm done with him.

The only thing that complicates this further is Amy likes him because his two-faced personality lets him be all sweet when eyes are on him. I've already made it clear to her that I do not like him and I will not interact with him, because it's all I can say without confusing a 6 year old with drama that shouldn't involve her. I made it clear to my parents as well, that i will not FORCE her to stay away from him but if ANYONE puts me in a situation where she has to be left alone with him in the house, I will not be happy. There have been times where I've come home and she's just sitting in his room in the absolute dark playing on her bright ass ipad screen having done no homework or anything and I just wanna yank her outta there and beat his ass tbh.

We will see how this year plays out after everything that has been said. Either way, I'm definitely keeping up with the Angriest Girl in Paradise usertitle of the past.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #470
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so sorry to read that both of you guys are going through such difficult times. truly wish I could offer some sound advice. just going to send you good vibes.

I miss talking gaming with you both.

by:  Magnum

Old 03-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #471
Magnum
Forum Leader

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/stat...15074346061825

Old 03-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #472
kupomog

The freaking Elder Scrolls music lmao