Boards & Rec
Old 04-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #931
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

haha. man I forgot Enid was up there, that sums up what you said. no real connection to these characters. once I saw the big names all together I knew it was going to be the second and third tier guys. I still had hope that Ezekiel would make his way just for some comic continuity.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #932
box elder
Forum Leader

at first i thought enid was rosita. not just because i was expecting her to be there, but the heads weren't very distinctive. in fact, i wonder if they were initially planning to have those flashes (like someone back at the kingdom like "hey, where's henry?") occur simultaneously with the reveals but then saw the footage and were like, shit no one is going to be able to tell who these are supposed to even be

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #933
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah I did a rewind on a couple of the earlier characters. they also had the fakeout with Rosita. I did wonder how they decided Bret Butler was worthy of going, but not the husband who does not do much of anything either. the only one that truly surprised me was Tara since she had taken a new direction leading hilltop. I guess Enid was a surprise as well, I just assumed she was going to be part of the future.

I do love some of the fan theories that down the line Judith will lead a rescue for Rick at Commonwealth, etc. hopefully they wrap up the whisperers arc quickly, it has already lost most of the impact because the events leading to it are so different from the comic. all the emotion of Carl being at risk are gone. the reveal being so many throw away characters, or characters who do not exist in the comic also made for a super weak reveal.

its almost like the show exists now for people to discuss how its so much less than the comic version. I try not to be one of those people who always claim the source material is superior, but in this case it becomes more and more glaring each time they stray from it.

aside from Judith, and to an extent Negan...but Aaron is becoming my favorite character on the show.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List