Boards & Rec
Old 05-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #31
Rowdy
Hardcore Boarder

I love Sarah Chalke, but I've never seen an episode she was in, mostly because I only saw the earlier seasons.....

Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #32
skittlebrau
board robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupomog
Unacceptable to diss Sarah Chalke, bräu
Don't get me wrong, 'pomog, Chalke was a wonderful Becky, but I was just more accustomed to seeing Goranson on-screen than her and that's who I knew Becky as. Heh, I even remember my family and I made a big fuss over it way back when

Chalke is definitely teh hawtness, though.

*swish

skittlebrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #33
Dennis
Hardcore Boarder

I'm just going to bump this up because this is the best show in the world...

Jackie: We can't go in there, she's in there!...Bev! ...Beverage!... Non-alcoholic Beverage is in there!

Jackie: Whatcha laughin at DJ?
DJ: Oh nothing. Its just that Grandma says your baby is gonna be a bastard!

(About Mark)
Darlene: It's pretty dark out, maybe he thought he was sleeping

Becky: Look what I found!
Darlene: Your virginity, No wait, you left that behind the dumpster at K-Mart.

Becky (Having a hangover): "Just go downstairs."
Darlene: "You mean for some buttery buckwheat pancakes and sausage?"

DJ:"I got mad at him, so I went home and played by myself"
Darlene: (About to say a joke)
Roseanne (To Darlene): "Count to ten!"

Jackie: Mom... I'm pregnant. I went out with a guy I hardly knew, we had sex for HOURS and I got pregnant. And I'm not gonna marry him! I'm keeping the baby and if it's a girl, I'm naming it Gidget"

"All right, this is the procedure. You go up to the lap, you state your Christmas wish. You get your picture, your candy cane, and you LEAVE the lap. Any deviation from this procedure WILL result in loss of candy cane. Remember, possession of cane is a PRIVILEGE, NOT a right."

Roseanne: You're all paranoid, Dan! (pause) Oooh, BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS! Don't ya hate that when you're stoned?
Dan: (shakes) I don't like it anytime

"I've got nothing. No Boyfriend. No family. No life. It's just me. Just me and my ganga."

"Hello, Auntie Barbara? It's Jackie... Jack-ie! Yes. I'm fine... Fine!... I'm fine!... I got some bad news... Dad isn't with us anymore... I said Dad has passed away... He's passed away!... Dad is gone... Dad's dead!... He's dead!... No... DEAD!... DEAD! No, DAD!!... No, he's fine, he sends his love!

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #34
gil
Hardcore Boarder

I would like to use this thread to express my annoyance about the fact that I have a tivo wishlist for "bob odenkirk" that manages to pick up an occasional episode of roseanne.

it's a rude surprise.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

physics makes us all its bitches.

gil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #35
Mason
country sad ballad man

haha

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://citypaper.net/articles/021501/pics/cp.gbv.jpg

Mason is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 05:32 PM   #36
Curtis
Hardcore Boarder

I watched the show during all of its run even though I was young I watched it with my mom. I remember Dan having the heart attack but did he die?

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #37
shhbly
CAN DIG IT !!!

Kupo .....

I thought of you today when I was watching Inside Edition.
They did a spot on the "Roseanne" cast reunion/DVD release.
It was held in a bowling alley.

Parrot Malibu (10:58:17 PM): I like kissing girls, but I love the cock

shhbly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #38
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Haha, shhbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis the Jackass
I watched the show during all of its run even though I was young I watched it with my mom. I remember Dan having the heart attack but did he die?
He did die, but we don't find that out until the finale. Roseanne admitted was "writing" the story we were seeing and she had changed her family members to her liking after a certain point. One of those changes was that Dan survived the heart attack.

More DVD info:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=4849

Also, season 2 should be out on DVD around December 6.

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #39
Curtis
Hardcore Boarder

Thanks, I remember that now! I remember being confused after that final episode.

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 10:24 PM   #40
Orange-Neck
AKA Jimmy the Geek

My favorite episode is the one about DJ's masturbating.

Darlene: So DJ, I heard you got caught playing with your instrument in band

DJ (five minutes later): Who told you I got caught playing with my instrument.

Orange-Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2005, 11:34 PM   #41
Dennis
Hardcore Boarder

Yeah, I kind of like to disregard the whole last season.

I'm so excited about the DVD's, even though I don't really like the first 2 seasons, especially season 2, but I want to have the whole series, uncut. Seasons 3-7 are the best. I don't think I'll buy the last 2 if it gets that far.

I was looking at the pictures from the DVD Release party on another message board. They were pretty interesting. Roseanne looks great.

I saw her on Jay Leno a week or two ago. She was restarting her stand-up career...again (I think I saw her on Leno like 5 months ago doing the same thing). She was funny.

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2005, 06:32 AM   #42
Toli
personality goes a long way

I was very little when it was on. But even now I don't like it.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker".

Toli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2005, 10:16 AM   #43
Orange-Neck
AKA Jimmy the Geek

I saw Roseanne on an episode of Inside the Actors Studio from 2001 or 2002 saying they were trying to revive the show again. I guess that must have fallen through because I haven't heard anything more about it.

Orange-Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #44
Rock Strongo
Otherwise known as Lance Uppercut

ABC's 'Roseanne' Spinoff Officially a Go — Without Roseanne Barr

Quote:
After canceling the comedy following star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet, the Disney-owned network has found a way to move forward with the original cast, creators and likely crew as 'The Conners.'
Weeks after its stunning decision to cancel Roseanne, ABC is officially moving forward with a spinoff of TV's current No. 1 series — without controversial star Roseanne Barr.

Following aggressive talks with exec producer Tom Werner, the Disney-owned broadcaster has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for Roseanne spinoff The Conners (working title). The new take, which will also be a multicamera comedy and premiere in the fall, will follow the Conner family who, after a sudden turn of events, are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.

ABC stressed in its announcement Thursday that former star Barr will have no financial or creative involvement in the new series. Werner and Barr reached an agreement that will allow Werner Entertainment to produce the spinoff for ABC without Barr’s further creative or financial participation. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Barr will retain all rights to her Roseanne Conner character and any future spinoffs beyond The Conners or any future reboots of the original.

"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from Roseanne. I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved,” Barr said in a statement. Added Werner: “We are grateful to have reached this agreement to keep our team working as we continue to explore stories of the Conner family.”

Roseanne stars John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman will star in the spinoff. Additional castmembers and a premiere date will be announced at a later date. "We have received a tremendous amount of support from fans of our show, and it’s clear that these characters not only have a place in our hearts, but in the hearts and homes of our audience," Goodman, Metcalf, Gilbert, Goranson and Fishman said in a joint statement. "We all came back last season because we wanted to tell stories about the challenges facing a working-class family today. We are so happy to have the opportunity to return with the cast and crew to continue to share those stories through love and laughter.”

ABC says the new take will explore issues with parenthood, dating an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. The series will take over Roseanne's Tuesdays at 8 p.m. time slot. The Conners hails from the creative team behind what was to be the 11th season of Roseanne, including showrunner Bruce Helford, Gilbert, Dave Caplan, Bruce Rasmussen and Tony Hernandez. The series hails from Werner and Werner Entertainment.

"The Conners’ stories demonstrate that families can always find common ground through conversation, laughter and love. The spinoff will continue to portray contemporary issues that are as relevant today as they were 30 years ago,” ABC said in a statement.

Despite multiple reports that the network was open to a new take on Roseanne, the decision to move forward with a new version of the series should still be seen as a surprise, given the considerable obstacles that had to be overcome in order to move forward.

A major point of contention was to find a way to reinvent Roseanne that would not financially benefit Barr, which was said to be a top demand from ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey and Werner. The series was created by Matt Williams (the show's first showrunner, who departed in season one after clashing with the actress) and is based upon a character (yes, singular) created by Barr.

As THR previously reported, Barr had agreed in principle to walk away from the characters she helped create in order to allow the cast and crew to pursue a spinoff. But since Barr would be entitled to substantial fees and backend on a Roseanne spinoff, the actress had to waive those rights before a new take could move forward. The last key hurdle was over what, if any, one-time payment Barr was to receive as "go-away money," as one source put it. Barr will retain an executive producer credit on the new take, per WGA rules.

Talks to continue the series heated up almost immediately following the cancellation after exec producer Werner, whose Carsey-Werner banner produced the original series and the 10th season, became highly engaged in finding a new path forward. (Werner's longtime partner, Marcy Carsey, recently said that she would not try to revive the comedy following its cancellation.)

The move to breathe new life into the franchise comes as Disney was on the hook to pay stars Gilbert (who plays Darlene), Metcalf (Jackie) and Goodman (Dan) for the since-scrapped 11th season. The trio, along with Barr, negotiated new deals for the 13-episode season at $300,000 per episode (up from $250,000 for season 10). They expected to be paid for at least 10 episodes since their options were exercised. What was less clear was if and how the writing staff, including showrunner Helford, were to be compensated.

Following the cancellation, ABC found itself in a unique position. Roseanne was due to return in the fall and open the network's Tuesday lineup as ABC was briefly poised to head into the 2018-19 broadcast season without TV's top show and without a new series from Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy, Scandal) for the first time in years. Roseanne was expected to drive at least $60 million in ad revenue for its 11th season, according to Kantar Media. ABC, sources said, may have been on the hook for "tens of millions of dollars" after axing the series.

ABC on May 29 canceled Roseanne after Barr's racist tweet directed at Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to former President Barack Obama. The star, who has been an outspoken advocate for President Donald Trump, later apologized and said she "begged" Disney-ABC TV Group president Ben Sherwood not to cancel the series. (ABC declined comment on that at the time, though multiple sources within the network contend that conversation never happened and Barr has since deleted that tweet.)

In a memo to staff following the cancellation, Sherwood apologized to the then-unemployed staff of Roseanne and expressed hope that the network could find a way to work together down the road. The new incarnation of Roseanne saved those jobs as staffing season had already been completed for all the broadcast series and many involved with the production turned down other jobs to stay with the comedy.

Roseanne was slated to return in the fall for an expanded 11th season of 13 episodes as ABC looked to build on the show's momentum. In a victory lap of sorts, Barr was the centerpiece of ABC's upfront presentation to Madison Avenue ad buyers in May. (Barr joked in introducing Sherwood onstage that he was the man behind her Twitter feed.) The revival was part of a larger effort by Dungey — broadcast's lone African-American network topper — to cater to the underserved community who turned out in force to elect Trump. The success of the Roseanne revival has prompted other broadcast networks to pick up a wave of multicamera comedies in a larger push to program for middle America. (To that end, Fox revived Tim Allen comedy Last Man Standing a year after ABC's cancellation.)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-abc-1117397

Rock Strongo's Top 5 Episodes

5. This Little Wiggy
4. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
3. Brawl in the Family
2. Bart Sells His Soul
1. Mother Simpson

Seasons Ranking: 9>7>The Movie>8>5>13>28>4>6>14>15>3>10>2>1>19>26>24>17>21>27>18>12>22>16>20>25>11>23

Rock Strongo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #45
I am Lugash, Deceased
Gone And Not For Gettin'

I'd watch if they did it like Roseanne minus Roseanne.

Man, it's like Roseanne is still there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
Well, I don't want to be sniffing a bunch of shit straight from a toilet bowl; a large amount is still pretty disgusting. But if I just have some of the smell or a litlle bit of it on my finger, I can take a deep whiff and get aroused by the scent. It always smells good to me in those instances, but not when there is a larger quantity of shit around. I don't what it is about the smell that makes me feel like that, though.
I am Lugash, Deceased is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  brody

Old 06-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #46
prince jafar allah
"..."

just let her make a sitcom about pizzagate, itll be more entertaining than literally every other sitcom currently airing

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #47
kupomog

I'm very sad Roseanne turned out to be Nuts lately but I honestly did not hate the reboot. The first few eps were the most annoyingly "political" of them all and the rest were just kinda typical sitcom things with injected moments of Roseanne being an ass and getting essentially slaps on the wrist in the end, like with her being all suspicious of her Muslim neighbors. The acting from some of them tho, woof. She didn't really deserve a platform but I had a guilty enjoyment of it :X

I'm glad people have their jobs back but ehhhh it's gonna be weird.

Also I realize English is my first language but this "dating an unexpected pregnancy" threw me off big time.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #48
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Barr will retain an executive producer credit on the new take
sooo, how could she possibly not be paid for this then? like, i hated the first episode of the reboot, but even if i loved it i'd never support her. i would watch this new incarnation out of curiosity, but i'd have to be 100% sure she was getting absolutely nothing out of it

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #49
prince jafar allah
"..."

her ep credit will be basically just a recognition of her creative input into the premise of the show. if this reboot/spinoff is a clear derivative of the original show, the network removing her ep credit would leave them open to legal action which she would almost certainly win

Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #50
box elder
Forum Leader

right, but can you be an EP and not get paid for it? i guess that's what they're implying, but i've never heard of that

Old 06-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #51
kupomog

I just really wanna know if they’ll kill her off via knee surgery

That become a whole plot where she was hiding and popping pills bc they couldn’t afford the surgery and then their basement flooded and dan destroyed a door or whatever

Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #52
prince jafar allah
"..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
right, but can you be an EP and not get paid for it?
nope. pretty much the only reason ep credits exist is to allow shitheads to accrue residuals for content they had virtually no input into

Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #53
box elder
Forum Leader

that's what i thought, which is why i was confused. this part seems to contradict itself:

Quote:
A major point of contention was to find a way to reinvent Roseanne that would not financially benefit Barr, which was said to be a top demand from ABC Entertainment...But since Barr would be entitled to substantial fees and backend on a Roseanne spinoff, the actress had to waive those rights before a new take could move forward. The last key hurdle was over what, if any, one-time payment Barr was to receive as "go-away money," as one source put it. Barr will retain an executive producer credit on the new take, per WGA rules
if she's an EP and is paid as an EP, then it's certainly still "financially benefiting" her. maybe not quite as much as it would under normal circumstances, but still. it also seems to imply without outright stating that she was given a (likely substantial) lump sum just to sign off on the idea on top of that. really seems like ABC is trying to pretend she's not making mint on this when in reality she is. and doesn't even have to do anything for it now. it'll basically subsidize her batshit tweeting all day

Old 06-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #54
prince jafar allah
"..."

oh right, shouldve read the full article. yeah i guess chicanery on the part of abc is the best explanation

User Tag List