Old 05-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #361
burnin'
To the book depository!

What do you mean?

burnin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #362
Fuzzy Dunlop
#盗品

I mean it was really the only logical thing that they could be doing with child sacrifices and there's an actual chapter where one of Craster's wives says that Gilly's son's "brothers" would get him if Sam didn't help her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPalooza View Post
She has an intriguingly long ass crack.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #363
burnin'
To the book depository!

ah, I hadn't seen anyone complaining about that and wasn't sure what you meant. Yeah, it always indicated the Others were taking them, not sure what other things people would have thought.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #364
benjamin
-

benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #365
burnin'
To the book depository!

I really liked this episode. A lot of people have been saying Allen and Dinklage were emmy worthy in this episode. I'm not as sold but they were pretty awesome. Dinklage's speech especially. The crowd got to see Tyrion as this monster who they already thought he was, I'm pretty stoked for the coming trial by combat.

One of the most interesting things to me this episode was the Varys and Oberyn discussion. I think most people would assume Varys nod to the throne meant that he was interested in attaining it. I don't believe that. But that's bore out of theories of mine that might not be true.

Also they set up a bunch of interactions that happen later between characters in really great ways. From here to the end of the season I suspect some pretty non-stop awesomeness across most of the storylines.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #366
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

you can't be a king when you have neither a name nor a dick. just the way the world works.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes View Post
basically all of my favorite bands have been mocked by somebody in my life, at least on a more general level. i'm honestly fine with it

Instagram
KING_HOMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #367
burnin'
To the book depository!

one of my theories has him having an important name...

Old 05-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #368
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

Dinklage should get all the Emmys for that scene.

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #369
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

just going to leave this here...

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #370
Brent
Banned

This gets better with every episode. Gonna miss Oberyn.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #371
joe
board militant™

Finale was fantastic. This whole season IMO was perfect television.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/20qx9bo.jpg
Heckling a Puppet show.

joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #372
box elder
Forum Leader

i understand that the tv show can't follow the books exactly, and some of the changes they've made in the past i've been fully behind. but some of the stuff in this episode/season just didn't make sense to me. they rushed the bran story and cut a bunch of stuff from it and now they're basically caught up with where he is at the end of book 5. so what now? the brienne/hound thing was also totally unnecessary and felt too fan-servicy

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #373
joe
board militant™

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
the brienne/hound thing was also totally unnecessary and felt too fan-servicy
I thought it was the most exciting fight the show has done yet. I was very entertained, and Arya not taking mercy on the Hound with a mercy kill was fantastic.

joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #374
box elder
Forum Leader

it was a cool fight, sure. but i don't see how it served any other purpose beyond being a cool fight. like why did they bother setting up that the hound sustained that wound and that it was festering if they were just going to abandon that at the last second?

Old 06-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #375
burnin'
To the book depository!

Book readers hated it. Show watchers loved it. I'm pretty mixed right now. I hated it for taking so much away from Tyrion's story. They took away the important interactions between Tyrion and Jaime and Tyrion and Tywin. Instead of Jaime and Tyrion parting in a gut-wrenching hate filled way that emotionally fucks up both characters, we were given a hug and happy goodbye?

Smaller complaints: Bloodraven was very uncool looking. Just some old guy in a tree, I really wanted to see the roots woven throughout his body and through his eye. The "One thousand and one" quote was pretty great though. Also I guess Jojen won't be surviving the next book... The whole Brienne/Hound thing was real annoying. Brienne isn't terrible but she is in no league with the Hound as a swordsman or fighter. Maybe if they would have played up him being weak from his wound or something it would make sense... I don't know. The Daenery's thing was kind of meh, too. It had a big emotional impact in the book because she assumed it was another sheep carcass and was dismissive of the guy.

This was supposed to be the big episode where so much "holy shit" moments were to happen and yet they all seemed sort of lame. Even Stannis coming to the rescue of the watch felt kind of stale. That was one of my favorite events in the book series. (I'm a Stannis for the Iron Throne fan) Spoiler:   And of course the big reveal of Stoneheart never came. I have to agree with a lot of people, its about as good a cliff hanger for a season finale you could ask for and they didn't use it. I guess because of the lack of action over the next few story lines they wanted to save it for next season?  

If you've read the books this episode was average if not a slight let down. If you watch the show only I imagine it was probably the best episode of the series so far. In my opinion this probably was the best episode but I'm having trouble being happy because of how much story is missing and changed.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #376
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah i don't mind changes when the format dictates it (or even in some cases not), but the parting between tyrion and jaime was a complete 180 of what it was in the book. and to what end? all it does it make tyrion's motivation for risking his freedom to confront/kill tywin make little to no sense. obviously he still has reason to hate his father, but without that gut-punch at the last minute, it doesn't ring as true

also, as far as the "one thousand and one" line, wasn't that in reference to him only having one eye? so it no longer even makes sense

by:  aoife

Old 06-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #377
box elder
Forum Leader

also, i don't want to sound like i hated the episode or anything, because i didn't. it just seems like they're deviating more and more and i wonder how far they'll take it. i also just don't understand why they'd rush through the bran story and omit coldhands, whice was one of the cooler things in the books and also hinted at a greater depth possibly to the wights

Old 06-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #378
burnin'
To the book depository!

Yeah.

Also, how great were Charles Dance (Tywin) and Rory McCann (Hound)

I'm going to miss their performances.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #379
Drew
Banned

Me and the wife started and finished all 4 seasons in a little over 2 weeks.
HolyFUCKINGSHIT. How did I go this long without watching the show?
Now I've been reading wiki's about it and we are in the process of re watching the series. Already getting a lot more out of it on second viewing. Knowing all the relationships, names, foreshadowing and other details makes it just as interesting.

Random thoughts (DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP):

- Arya is pretty much the coolest character and I can't wait to see more of the shapeshifter. Valar Morghulis motherfuckers.

- Even though I heard about the red wedding, I avoided all spoilers. Threw me completely by surprise.

- Ned Stark dying was also a huge shock. The promos showed him sitting on the iron throne. I had always assumed he would become king.

- HODOR! HODOR, HODOR.

- King Joffreys death threw me off as well because it was so shocking and no lead up (which was great). I certainly loved to hate him.

- Sam and the cute girl with messed up teeth are perfect for each other.

- Jaime fucking his sister over Joffrey's dead body was classic.

- I was really rooting for Hound to win that fight. Instead he lost to a beast of a woman. Disappointing and the first deceased character I think I'll really miss.

Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  aoife, joe

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #380
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

Awww, I love Brienne!
@Drew, did you know that Hodor is a DJ? I hope you enjoy that as much as I do.

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  Drew

Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #381
Andy
kraken

got caught up on S4 now!

gonna miss the fuck outta Tywin

in your face, website with lame anti-leech script. this image is better

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #382
lance
board historian™

drew got married? congrats dude!

lance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #383
Drew
Banned

thanks man, I'll post pictures later on.

only disappointing thing about the wedding was the lack of a Bedding Ceremony during the reception.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #384
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

at least you didn't order doves....

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #385
Drew
Banned

If my Chihuahua "Gummy Bear" lived in the land of Westeros, his name would be Gumar Bearghulis. He would offer people to the Red God.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #386
box elder
Forum Leader

anyone still watch this? shiftercar discussion is sorely lacking

Old 06-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #387
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

The Waif just really hates Arya, huh

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #388
box elder
Forum Leader

right. not sure if "no one" is supposed to hold grudges like that.....

Old 06-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #389
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

There are so many theories out there floating around. The Fight Club theory, the theory that it was actually Jaqen (I like this more than the Fight Club one), pointing out everything from the bulkiness of her clothing to the fact that she walked like a rich person.

They all fascinate me because I just refuse to believe Arya was being that stupidly wide open without purpose. I mean we know she doesn't die because she still has to be chased by the Waif and junk per trailer but I just reaaaaally want to know what the deal with The Waif is besides "jealous asshole."

Fuckin' Lyanna Mormont, tho. Goddamn. She is definitely a little bear.

Olenna Tyrell verbally shitting all over Cersei was uncomfortably satisfying (feeling bad for Cersei always makes me uncomfortable). She gonna burn them all.

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #390
box elder
Forum Leader

i mean, last we saw her she was hiding in a dark crevice and suddenly she's strolling around throwing bags of money like her entire intention is to be noticed? it doesn't make sense. if it is arya, she would have to have some plan behind doing that, but then getting stabbed can't possibly be part of that plan, so i have to assume it was jaqen testing the waif and/or dying in arya's place (since she did name him as the third person to kill way back at harrenhall)

by:  kupomog

User Tag List