Old 12-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #6391
xander
<"))))><

I've listened to a couple of the episodes and they're good

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #6392
Wezzo
wreck on the highway

There are, like, ten Simpsons podcasts that do episode-by-episode reviews.

I like The Simpsons Show the best, it's the only one I listen to weekly, despite it having the most generic name.

Everything's Coming Up Simpsons is OK.

Four Finger Discount have a huge Facebook following (largely for non-podcast-related but still-Simpsons-related content) and even got a book deal out of it.

Then there's Pods in the Key of Springfield, the aforementioned Talking Simpsons and We're Talking Simpsons, plus Worst Episode Ever, The Simpsons Index..

Even listening to just one or two of each to pick a favourite can feel like too much effort, I'm pretty sure I've listened to one or two of each but they blend into one another.

Wezzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #6393
xander
<"))))><

I'm happy with Talking Simpsons

What makes The Simpsons Show better?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2017, 08:20 AM   #6394
Wezzo
wreck on the highway

It's probably a chicken-and-egg situation - I like it the most because I listen to it the most, I listen to it the most because I like it the most...

That said, I like the rapport between the co-hosts, and the recurring segments after the episode discussion - they challenge each other to trivia questions each episode, they dig out contemporary comments from alt.tv.simpsons, they have a listener question of the week, they rank the episodes as they go along, etc.

If you're happy with Talking Simpsons, I'd probably say to stick with it, it's certainly enjoyable.

Wezzo is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List