Boards & Rec
Old 09-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #1081
box elder
Forum Leader

i just don't understand the premise. what do you mean by "most obscure"? is someone judging if something is "obscure" enough of an answer to be admitted? or do gain more points for something if fewer other people gave that answer?

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #1082
xander
<"))))><

that second thing you said

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #1083
box elder
Forum Leader

still probably can't help you. i haven't paid any attention at all to the nfl this offseason and don't plan on following it much during the season either. but you'll be more likely to receive assistance if you make that a little easier to follow i'd bet. ideally you should just paste your answers next to the questions, but at the very least number the answers so it's easier to link to the corresponding question at a glance

Old 09-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #1084
xander
<"))))><

it's just how I happened to have the Qs and As formatted and I posted this on the spur of the moment. I just logged on and saw a football thread and thought about this which was currently going on in my life.

I've never watched a single second of the NFL but I just like playing games. I not sure I really care enough to splice the questions and answers together though.

I did a rand.org and I apparently support the Kansas City Chiefs

Does broom support them perhaps?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #1085
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah probably a good idea since the board is dead anyway and even going to that trouble won't necessarily get a response. uhhh, i'm not sure i've ever seen broom mention liking football at all, but i do know nate was a cheifs fan as a kid. i think he bandwagoned onto the packers at some point though

i'd ask, but they all left shiftercar to post at...a different shiftercar that's invite only

Old 09-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #1086
box elder
Forum Leader

so i guess not everyone even looks at the board anymore and the league went on despite a few people saying to scrap it? i just got an email to "set my lineup." i guess yall can enjoy easy wins when you face me because i will not be active. sorry

Old 09-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #1087
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

I hate nfl

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #1088
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

sometimes its ok i guess

Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #1089
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skinshokiesohyeah

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #1090
box elder
Forum Leader

sorry dantae. turns out the cardinals are just complete trash

Old 09-18-2018, 01:17 AM   #1091
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

Hey sry guys, didn't see the messages about fantasy until after the draft happened, after this season ill just close out the league

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #1092
box elder
Forum Leader

eh, we can re-assess next year. for now it's already going so it's not a big deal. i just logged in for the first time this year and noticed i'm somehow 2-0 despite having a dude on IR and a dude who's holding out in my starting lineup hahah. i am still not going to be very attentive or active, but from now on i will at least try to go in and set my lineup so i don't screw over the folks who are actively participating

Old 09-21-2018, 05:30 AM   #1093
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

congrats browns

Old 09-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #1094
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
sorry dantae. turns out the cardinals are just complete trash
haha. that is accurate. the skins d actually looks great on all levels. the offense really looked like shit against the colts. smith was efficient, but no one did anything once they got the ball. a.p. looked his age.

I expect 8-8 at best. no biggie I guess. low expectations means no heartbreak.

how are you feeling about the titans. it seems like they are going to phase out Mariota. at least that is the vibe they are giving.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #1095
box elder
Forum Leader

hmm, not sure where you're getting that from? he has nerve damage in his throwing hand that prevents him from gripping the ball properly and making deep throws, so obviously at the moment he's completely one-dimensional and they'd prefer to have someone who at least has the threat of a deep ball. even though gabbert sucks ass and i am 100% sure we don't pull out that game without mariota coming in and moving the chains with his feet. the problem is he's not healthy*. and other than gabbert, the next option is a fucking wide receiver. what they need to do is sign kaep and let him start immediately. he can run a similar offense to mariota anyway so it's not like a huge re-tooling is needed

*as for the long term, obviously the question is will mariota ever stay healthy, which is definitely a concern. to me, once he's 100% again you open up the fucking offense already and see what he can do. the reason he's always hurt is we play this milquetoast bullshit offense that puts him in third and long constantly by running on first and second down almost exclusively and having even the pass plays mostly option or screens. if he can't run that type of offense, he can't, but let's go ahead and find out because the current plan is just getting him killed and he won't last another 2 years at this rate

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #1096
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

too much call in sports radio I suppose. a coupe of the hosts even inferred they had inside info. also, when they made the move and discussed both guys playing in same game, less issue was made of the injury at the time (or maybe it is just how I perceived it).

I think the problem is what you said. he showed during his second season that he is far more than a scheme system qb. I do not know if he can drop back and throw 40 times a game and have success, but the offense is pretty bland and predictable. it actually mirrors the jaguars offense.

in regards to the skins. I am loving the dline youngsters. allen and payne barring injuries should be anchors for a decade.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #1097
box elder
Forum Leader

what pisses me off is that we're somehow still running jeff fisher football all these years (and coaching changes) later. that style is fucking dead. the nfl passed it by a long time ago. you might be able to squeak out 9 boring wins in a year and barely make the playoffs but you will never never never be a legitimate threat to win anything. just look at the rams; they kicked fisher's sorry ass to the curb, completely revamped the offensive scheme, and were immediately 100x better

Old 09-30-2018, 09:39 PM   #1098
box elder
Forum Leader

See that’s what the fuck I’m talking about. We play a team that’s amazing against the run and suddenly we open up the offense. And, wow guess what mariota can ball (even with a hurt hand). Stop leashing him!!!

Old 10-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #1099
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I think that will also be remembered as the Davis' becomes a star game. last year it was all nagging injuries. he should be the go to guy for mariota. he should easily crack 1200 yards and get close to double digit tds each season with his talent.

The only game that really struck me was the bears/bucs. I figured the bears would win, but for trubisky to have that type of performance, wow. khalil mack should be everyone's mvp and dpoy at this point in the season.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #1100
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

didnt get the win but i thought packers played great. rams are very good

Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #1101
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the packers defense looked better than it has in a number of seasons. the rams just have so many weapons.

going into November the Skins are in first in the east. I thought they would be a better team but take a step back on offense. the passing game is cringe worthy most of the time, but the line and the running game. AP turning back the clock.

the defense especially the front 7 are playing so well. Allen and Payne are going to be all pro level players for several seasons. Payne has instantly boosted the run defense. the secondary still has issues, but Swearinger seems to be everywhere on the field.

can they keep it up, I am not sure. that said 9 or 10 wins may be all it takes to win the division.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #1102
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

yeah the defense was great. score doesnt really reflect how good they were. first 8 points was on the offense. theres always 1 of the 3 sides that lets us down. i guess thats the beauty/frustration of football. its funny how things like kickoff returns and extra points often are just taken for granted and we don't think about them until they cost a game.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #1103
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

in the afc i am hoping the chiefs can keep it up and put up some resistance to the pats

Old 11-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #1104
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skins are hosed. lost 2 offensive lineman for the season. passing game was already ugly, now it is going to be a nightmare. defense will be on the field too much and eventually give up big plays in the secondary. 8-8..maybe 9-7 at best.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #1105
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

huge game today. i dont think packers can win the division if they lose. jones was fantastic vs dolphins. rodgers/adams/jones are a great trio

Old Today, 12:52 PM   #1106
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

they put up a good fight wallet. they just played the run poorly most of the night. the bears look the part on defense but it is hard to trust a second year qb, they could still catch them. the margin for error is now really thin though.

let us all take this in. the skins are in first place by 2 games in the middle of November. I fully expect it to fall apart, but for now I am going to live it up.

User Tag List