Boards & Rec
Old 11-08-2016, 02:30 AM   #721
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

I'm honestly shocked how good the Cowboys have been with Dak and Zeke so far, I don't know if I expect it to last, but it'll certainly be an interesting rest of the season

I'm going to get tickets to my first ever Cowboys/Giants game this year, so I'm super excited for that

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2016, 05:35 AM   #722
Oatpay
razor burnz

lions are a half game out of first, vikings are overrated and coming back to earth, and the packers are floundering and have zero running game. the nfc north has existed since 2002 and, surprise!, we've never won it. why not us finally? if the cubs can win it all then the lions can surely win a fucking division for once

stafford's become a new qb this year and it's working. LONG LIVE COOTERBALL

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #723
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
I'm honestly shocked how good the Cowboys have been with Dak and Zeke so far, I don't know if I expect it to last, but it'll certainly be an interesting rest of the season

I'm going to get tickets to my first ever Cowboys/Giants game this year, so I'm super excited for that
I think the division is a lock for the cowboys. no one else has a balanced offense. I hate to admit but the cowboys offense is rolling. elliott is all that was advertised and more. the only thing that screw up them winning the division is a qb change.

I do not think they will win the nfc, even in a clearly down year. I think the seahawks will take care of the nfc.

this is all talk at the midway point. so all my guesses will be wrong.

@Oatpay --stafford has really grown in trusting others. I think the loss of megatron may have been the best thing for him. he spreads it around more. he still takes risks but they are much more calculated. I still think the vikings are the best team, but losing bridgewater and ap is too much for them to overcome all season.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #724
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

romo returning and derailing the cowboys would be hilarious

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2016, 01:05 AM   #725
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

I've been in denial for a while but I have to admit the packers are not a good team anymore

Old 11-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #726
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

it was pretty clear last year as well, they still have the best qb (in my opinion) in the league. he just has nothing to work with. the line is average, no running game. no receiver can get vertical, so rodgers has to throw them all open.

the defense. too much to list.

what they need is to retool the offense now. draft o-lineman and athletic skill players. go after a big target in free agency. wideout or tightend. he needs a guy he can just throw it up to and expect them to make the play.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #727
comeau
go to work wasted

the packers sucking this year makes those "NO ONE COMES INTO THIS HOUSE, WITHOUT PAYING THE PRICE!" commercials funny

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #728
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

not now. not ever.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:13 AM   #729
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAntae View Post
it was pretty clear last year as well, they still have the best qb (in my opinion) in the league. he just has nothing to work with. the line is average, no running game. no receiver can get vertical, so rodgers has to throw them all open.

the defense. too much to list.

what they need is to retool the offense now. draft o-lineman and athletic skill players. go after a big target in free agency. wideout or tightend. he needs a guy he can just throw it up to and expect them to make the play.
the defense was great last season, and have even been on at times this season. the hardest thing is having all 3 parts of the game show up on gameday. special teams gave away 2 huge returns against the colts, you can't expect to get away with that in the nfl.

I love Rodgers, he is an amazing player, some of the things that make him great can backfire though - he relies on the free plays when he gets the defense on the hard count, or the crazy long ball that can't always be expected to come off. I have always said he is the complete qb because of the threat of his legs, but at the moment the top passing qb's in the league are playing so much better than him.

Of course the divison is still alive but packers are not a playoffs team right now

Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #730
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
Man I'm so cautiously excited about mariota. He has games like this where he looks almost perfect, but he still makes some dumb ass mistakes that cost us games (I think he's lost like 5 fumbles already this year, and has thrown multiple pick-6s). But if he can just clean that shit up a bit he could be borderline elite. And it's been a while since the titans had any upside at all
I get the little bit of doubt, but you have to remember he came from a spread system where he was always in the shotgun. so he already came in a little behind most other highly drafted qbs. I think the strides he has made this season show how hard he works. you got a model citizen as the franchise leader for years to come. the turnovers will go down with more experience. its just the normal progression. I think he and winston are going to be all pro candidates for years to come down the road.

@ wallet inspector the defense has played better than the offense but they are still easy to exploit. you can target anyone in that secondary, or decided to pound the ball on them.

as for rodgers. he takes advantage of the mistakes made by a defense. he will check down to the short gain when needed. I can say this without any hesitation, all the problems on offense have nothing to do with him. he changes his game week to week to make up for the deficiencies of the rest of the team.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:09 AM   #731
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

lacy is a huge loss. it's all been downhill since the settle playoffnfc championship game really

Old 11-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #732
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

all I want is a thanksgiving day win in dallas.

Old 11-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #733
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

it was odd though. you know mariota is getting more comfortable...so loosen things up and let him attack on first or second down. keep the defense off balance, etc. it seemed like they were calling the game with kid gloves and he does not need that. it not only hurts the team now but his development down the road.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #734
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

browns going to get a win this season?

Old 11-28-2016, 04:55 PM   #735
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

they have a shot the next three weeks. a home gain against the bengals who are struggling big time, a road game against the up and down bills and a home game against the chargers. they can take 1 or 2 in that stretch.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:58 AM   #736
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

good win over the eagles, probably a little too late but it is the lions leading the division so never say never

Old 11-29-2016, 10:47 PM   #737
comeau
go to work wasted

raiders got their first winning season since 2002. they will also likely go to the playoffs for the first time since 2002. 2016 nfl season has been a success.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #738
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the next two games are going to be tough (afc west matchups), but if they can find a way to split those--- then close at jacksonville and home against houston. 8-8 for sure, 9-7 decent shot, 10-6 much more of a long shot but 9-7, or hell 8-8 might win that division. titans are far from out of it. colts frustration aside, they made a giant leap forward this season.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:24 PM   #739
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

afc west is so strong this season, amazing to think how weak it was a few seasons ago. that's why football is so great, you have to change the entire culture to turn things not around, unlike basketball where you can make 1 or 2 big signings

Old 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #740
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

with these recent PAT attempts being returned for points it made me wonder can you decline going for a PAT attempt?

Old 12-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #741
comeau
go to work wasted

khalil mack is the best.

also i love the oakland crowd, they rock the coliseum like an earthquake. can't believe davis is willing to leave that behind and go to vegas.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #742
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah it all depends on the clock.

as for the raiders...oakland is a dump and so is that stadium. I do not want to see them go to vegas but they are one of the few teams who I think really need a new venue for games. I have enjoyed watching them play this year and carr is a blast to watch. Iloved his facial expression yesterday when crabtree dropped the east 1st qrtr td. mack, carr and cooper. great guys to build on, they drafted well and are now seeing early returns.

skins find ways to lose these close games. I look at the rest of the schedule and I can see every scenario, 4-0. 0-4, 2-2, 3-1 or 1-3.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #743
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't see what the time was for this week's one for chiefs, but the one the broncos did to the saints wasn't much time left I think. I just wondered if the rules might say that you must make an attempt. being allowed to return a PAT for points has only been in for a few seasons now.

I just looked at nfc standings and packers are only behind giants and bucs for a wildcard spot. Before thinking about playoffs though they just have to keep improving and winning games. Jordy Nelson is showing how much of a loss he was last season

Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #744
comeau
go to work wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAntae View Post
as for the raiders...oakland is a dump and so is that stadium. I do not want to see them go to vegas but they are one of the few teams who I think really need a new venue for games. I have enjoyed watching them play this year and carr is a blast to watch. Iloved his facial expression yesterday when crabtree dropped the east 1st qrtr td. mack, carr and cooper. great guys to build on, they drafted well and are now seeing early returns.
well yeah, they've needed a new stadium for at least a decade, it just hasn't been that apparent until they became relevant again. but you can't deny the crowd in oakland, whether it's the oldass coliseum or a brand new one. i'd still follow them to vegas, but i think they'd be leaving behind a lot of fans back in oakland.

the fans know that stadium sucks, but it was still packed yesterday, and they were still going ballistic. the fans and the costumes and the raucousness all go into making the culture of the team more exciting. they bring the nfl back to it's old days in a time when the nfl is trying to sterilize it's product more and more. don't like how davis seems to be set on leaving that behind.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #745
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I know the fan base is strong, and sure a better product on the field brings them out. I can speak to old venues having a great atmosphere. nothing beat going to a skins game at rfk. the place would shake. I have a ton of fond memories regarding those games at that stadium.

you have to look at it from the ownership side. the place is a dump, it has removed seating (see sean's point). it is not in a location most people would say is safe. I prefer them in oakland as opposed to la for sure, but you have to admit something about las vegas and the raiders mystique makes an awful lot of sense.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #746
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

chiefs are one of those teams where you think how do they keep doing it? but they just hang in games and won't go away

Old 12-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #747
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

https://vine.co/v/5xV7Futh3Kl

Old 12-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #748
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

packers playing great

Old 12-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #749
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

cousins might throw for 5000 yards. that blows my mind. he really has taken away my concerns as a fan. he had the bad int, but he did now dwell on it like in past seasons.
if the defense could just get off the field on 3rd and long. it seems like they give up more of those than anyone else.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #750
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

the jeff fisher situation is pretty hilarious. what a mess. what a waste of some talented players

User Tag List