Boards & Rec
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #6361
black mozart
quite stylish

i guess i never really thought about apu as being problematic because my family has an indian friend who loves apu and thinks azaria does a legitimately great acccent and when he comes over weíll often put on an apu episode. in retrospect i can see how it could be a bit problematic, but idk iím not really an authority on the subject

black mozart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #6362
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

I don't have huge problems w/ Apu other than the voice, yeah. But there's some people out there who are pretty much ready to boycott this thing because they dare to say ANYTHING bad about Apu. I think it's silly to have such a strong reaction. Either that or I'm just really not a fan of people trying to shut this down so hard for existing.

I'm gonna let the guy say what he wants and decide for myself how I feel in the end, but I think people (obviously not you, jafar, I'm mostly talking about whiny babies on NHC) should at least be open to the suggestion that there might be something slightly problematic about Apu, which again I agree is mainly the voice. Apu has always been one of my favorites almost entirely because he was "the brown one" growing up that seemed most competent at what he was doing in the show compared to other characters of color.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #6363
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
if you want to like both oakley & weinsteins less than 3-6 doyyyy

funny that it takes only 17 years or whatever in the workplace for english majors to shit themselves over a short paragraph tho
Naa l just don’t find engaging with grown men who take serious personal offense at tv show opinions to be a worthwhile endeavor

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #6364
prince jafar allah
"..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder
Naa l just donít find engaging with grown men who take serious personal offense at tv show opinions to be a worthwhile endeavor
* fart noise so incredibly loud, bass-heavy, and elongated it knocks out everyone on the board's wifi signal *

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List