Boards & Rec
Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #1141
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

another season of no real expectations. looking forward to seeing Guice play, and hopefully when Haskins takes over at some point he will not be shell shocked for next season and beyond.

way too early picks
Chiefs or Texans (even with the Miller injury) out of the AFC
Rams or Bears out of the NFC

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #1142
box elder
Forum Leader

haven't followed the offseason much at all, but i'll say patriots out of afc (this has been a 50/50 shot for almost 2 decades so why not) and, uhhh, shit the nfc tends to be sort of random so let's say the vikings

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #1143
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the vikes are as good a bet as anyone. I like most of the guys they have, and I root for COusins just because.

I just need someone new in the AFC. the hate train is over for me on most teams, but the pats just need to fade away for me. like I said no longer a hate thing, just fatigued on the same story each season.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #1144
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skins gonna skin (themselves) sigh

Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 AM   #1145
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

good win over the cowboys. I was worried when adams was out but jones stepped up

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #1146
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

my ability to care about the team I have cheered for as long as I can remember is almost all gone. I like so many of the young players, but just burnt out on the lack of leadership from ownership/management. all the horrible Snyder stories coming out, but everyone already knew he was a fucking asshole. Allen might be the worst to ever have the job in the history of any sport. I feel for the young guys the most, they are going to waste the first 4 or 5 years in a no win situation, then hopefully move on to have success elsewhere.

I am enjoying the league more this season however. I find myself going out of my way to watch Texans games. Watson is so damn fun to watch, hell even the Jags are interesting with Minshew.

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #1147
box elder
Forum Leader

feel the same about the titans tbh. and now they're throwing mariota under the bus as though the horrible o-line and 1950s offensive scheme aren't to blame. at this point i just pray marcus walks after this season and gets a shot on a real team

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #1148
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

at this point he has to, unless they go back to him again and they see 'team' progress. he has been misused like so many young qbs. I think Vrabel is another of those guys who is a good to great coordinator...but just not built to be the head guy (at least not at this point). I could see him having success in a few places, Denver (clearly still need a qb, Flacco meh). he has carried himself like a pro from day one and has never once not owned up to his errors, and takes the blame for everyone else as well.

They really needed a true qb friendly coach from day one to groom him a bit. At Oregon while he showed accuracy and athleticism, he rarely had to work from under center, or not hit the initial read on a pass play. hopefully he has enough time left to turn it around elsewhere.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #1149
box elder
Forum Leader

if you watch the games week to week it is baffling. there will be one week where they call the game in an uptempo way, passing on early downs, inventive ways to get the best players involved, etc. and he always looks good! and every time i'm like, thank god they've finally figured out how to use him and have turned a corner! but then the next week, nope. back to running up the middle on first and second down 95% of the time. i would love to see his stats passing broken up by down. because he's almost always only given the opportunity when it's 3rd and >5 and of course you won't look good in only obvious passing situations. it almost makes me physically sick. they've had how many guys come through since jeff fisher left? and yet, the offensive scheme remains fisher-ball year after year after year. and it's a scheme the league has moved on from at least a decade ago

and vrabel sucks ass. he makes "gutsy" calls when they make no sense, but then chicken-shit calls when more aggression is obviously smarter. like when he trotted out that kicker that had already missed 3 field goals for a 53 yard attempt on 4th and 3. he's a dumb piece of shit

Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #1150
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

haha. I get it, and this type of thing happens a lot. I did like what Draymond Green said (stay with me, even though he is hoops) that organizations do not take enough or any of the blame when a high draft pick fails. he is right, it is always this guy is a bust, etc. you bring a teen or not much older into a horrible situation without a plan or guidance and this is what happens.

sure some guys are just wastes for varying reason not associated with the team, but all too many are. instead of fixing that stuff, like the Skins...they just punt on a coach, player etc. then rinse and repeat the same thing again. Allen calling the culture 'damn good' , just about put me off the team until there is wholesale changes. Snyder will not sell because it is a cash cow. Allen for whatever reason is untouchable, but he has done a shit job at every single stop. guess I still do care more than I initially thought.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #1151
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah i saw that (the green thing). and at first it's like "yeah no shit" because the teams that are consistently getting high draft picks are obviously the shittiest franchises. but there is something to be said about these teams that just seem to "luck" into good players. obviously it isn't just luck or being amazing at scouting because those things can be a crap shoot, but it's how the organization is run. it's also a bit of a self-fulfilling prophesy and in that way it is sort of just dumb luck. just look at the patriots. they were a loser franchise. belichick was a loser head coach. but they string a couple successful seasons together and it just keeps building from there. if bledsoe doesn't get hurt that year, who the hell knows how that plays out? but now, if a couple bad things happen it's easy to brush it off and be like "we're the patriots we'll figure it out." whereas a couple bad things happen to a team like the titans and the players are like "here we go again" and they stop listening to this loser coach who sucks and it just all falls apart.

User Tag List