Boards & Rec
Old 03-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #2911
justinhc
certified human

bunch of people in my league had duke winning it. i would laugh, but my bracket is absolutely fucking busted as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

justinhc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #2912
box elder
Forum Leader

my bracket is actually i pretty good shape atm. i just wrote one out on paper so i don't have it in front of me but i'm pretty sure i'm only down like 1 e8 team and zero f4 teams. i had duke losing to creighton in the same round. god it would have been hilarious if unc had lost too, though. after all that "greatest conference of ALL TIME" garbage all year, if they didn't get a single team into the sweet 16 that would have been amazing. at least we can definitively close the book on that bullshit tho. most overrated conference of all time is more like it

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #2913
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

sean I agree about it being discussed as the all time best conferaec this season (which was a few fools speaking). the acc is always one of the top 3 conferences every season. this season top to bottom they were the best. that does not always equate to having the national champ or even a final four squad.

I picked unc to win it all, partially with my heart...but they have a capable point guard and a good mix of role players. I do not see a nba starter on the first unit (maybe meeks one day). I can see a few squads making a run though. the field is certainly more entertaining when the unexpected happens.

teams who are playing well the last couple of weeks leading up to the tourney do the best. which is what made duke losing all that more enjoyable, because as of late they were playing really well.

Last edited by DAntae; 03-23-2017 at 03:07 PM.
DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #2914
box elder
Forum Leader

the thing with the acc is when there's parity everyone just says "wow ALL the teams are good" and when there's not it's just "well, the top of the acc is insanely strong." like, there's nothing that can happen to convince people that the league is down for any reason. like, look at the B1G -- the traditional powerhouses weren't great this year so everyone just automatically writes off the entire league, which obviously turned out to be a bit overblown considering the tourney results thus far (like, come on -- wisconsin getting an 8 seed after finishing 2nd in the regular season and winning the tournament was a joke, and i'd be pissed if i were a villanova fan).

and that's not to say i think the B1G was "better" than the acc this year. the acc probably was the best conference (by a slim margin over the big12), but the idolatry thrown their way every year based almost entirely on duke and unc is a bit much. i mean, just watch duke's ranking each year -- they can lose 3 games in a row and only drop like 10 spots, then they win 1 game and they immediately hop back up 5 of those. and the only way they can justify that is to hype the acc into oblivion

Old 03-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #2915
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

that is true, but perception is important to pollsters. I think often times the tradition, the number of final fours and championships tend to hold way more water than the current state of a team like Duke. I also think some of that is to be respected by how it has been earned over a long period of sustained success.

no doubt about it though, there is not a huge gap between the best team and the 50th best team any more. yeah a ton of the seeding was off and poorly chosen. I am not sure what the answer will ever be to correct this. so many people have a general bias towards leagues, regions, coaches etc. ncaa is the shadiest organization I can think of...aside from the current occupant/disciples of his in the white house.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #2916
Curtis
Hardcore Boarder

Los Cleveland Cavaliers parecen debiles. Creo que pueden perder en la playoffs. Vamos El Heat!

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #2917
justinhc
certified human

anyone see this sick buzzer beater by russell westbrook? was watching the box score on my phone when it happened.

(youtube doesn't feel like working today, so here's the link)

Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #2918
montgomery

I loved watching duke go down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAntae View Post
sean I agree about it being discussed as the all time best conferaec this season (which was a few fools speaking). the acc is always one of the top 3 conferences every season. this season top to bottom they were the best but they couldnt get out of the garage.. that does not always equate to having the national champ or even a final four squad.

I picked unc to win it all, partially with my heart...but they have a capable point guard and a good mix of role players. I do not see a nba starter on the first unit (maybe meeks one day). I can see a few squads making a run though. the field is certainly more entertaining when the unexpected happens.

teams who are playing well the last couple of weeks leading up to the tourney do the best. which is what made duke losing all that more enjoyable, because as of late they were playing really well.

montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #2919
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

lakers winning meaningless games down the stretch...way to fuck up the odds of that top 3 picks assholes.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #2920
justinhc
certified human

some crazy trades goin' down this offseason

Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #2921
Pax
the heartbreaker

If the Pacers go up 2-0 tomorrow, I'm gonna lol

Go Dipo Go

Pax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #2922
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so any big news in the nba as of late?

all kidding aside. I do not like the james to lakers move. I want to see the young group play together for a few years. I think Ingram is right on the verge of becoming an all-star in a couple of seasons. kuzma is instant offense. I thought ball played well considering all he is asked to do. randle just was aggressive every night. he has double-double machine written all over him.

so if james is here to mentor and help them truly compete for a title (as constructed for the most part) in a couple of seasons I am all in. if his arrival signals the break up of the young group, even if adding leonard this or next season. I will be bummed if that scenario plays out. let the young guys develop...they show lots of promise.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #2923
smyce
Outta Nowhere

ZION!!!!!!

smyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #2924
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so...yay? I guess

Old 06-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #2925
comeau
go to work wasted

warriors didn't get to threepeat, that makes me happy

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #2926
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I was referring to landing AD.

as for the warriors, I can understand being sick of them...but everyone knows barring injuries they win that series in 5. Kawhi is amazing, and all but you know.

Old 06-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #2927
box elder
Forum Leader

i dunno, they weren't playing all that great even before KD went down. they were beatable either way

Old 06-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #2928
box elder
Forum Leader

as far as the lakers, i think they're screwing up hunting around for a third max contract. just build solidly around bron and ad. if they spend all their money on a third guy, the rest of the team will be such trash it won't matter

Old 06-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #2929
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

^ ditto. I would just build with shooters around the playmakers. Kuzma should thrive even more, the guy is a legit 20 point scorer already. they sort of have a big 3 as far as offense is concerned.

I disagree on the warriors. they struggled finding footing early in the playoffs. but cousins goes down, so now you have to go with bogut who was signed as a emergency plan. then kd, looney, thompson etc. Steph is a shooter and can create for others within reason. KD was clearly #1 and I would argue Klay is the true #2.

Kawhi and the Raptors did what the Rockets should have, take advantage of the most talented scorer of a generation being out.

User Tag List