Boards & Rec
Old 07-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #61
pearl
Dear Internet,

i really want to go to a sizzler, just to say i've been, but the closest one is in like santa ana or something. there are no applebees or red lobsters or ruby tuesdays here, though i ate at ruby tuesday's in times square because neither my friend nor i had been there before and it was relatively cheap compared to other places. and it's nicer than the olive garden. i used to go to chili's every friday but thank god that's over with, the menu is so bland. i looove claim jumper because i am a fatty. cheesecake factory is such a high school prom "classy" dinner place, but it kind of sucks to me. red robin is pretty good, i like their fries.

pearl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #62
joe
board militant™

is Sizzler the all-you-can-eat steak house? good or bad, I would tear that up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/20qx9bo.jpg
Heckling a Puppet show.

joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #63
scott

sizzler's have been going out of business faster than you can imagine.

they have an all-you-can-eat buffet, and they have steak-and-shrimp meals, but i think they're independent of one another. though i think they once had a steak and all-you-can-eat shrimp dinner. it's pretty mediocre-to-bad food. check'em out sometime though, i bet they have a location somewhere in times square.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #64
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza&skateboarding View Post
one thing that bugs me about cheesecake factory is they have no vegetarian thing on their menu. like.. not a single fucking item
that's got to be untrue because the only time i've been there was with my girlfriend back in 2002 and that was shortly after we both dropped meat entirely...aha they have an eggplant sandwich and grilled cheese. i'm pretty sure i got the former. she wouldn't have either now cause she went vegan the next year but i think she may have just gotten a salad anyway, minus the chicken. all i know is we both were unimpressed with the cheesecake. and the bill

favorite chain at the moment is ruby tuesday's. i get the homemade veggie burger for $8.99, endless salad bar for an extra $2.99 (PUMPERNICKEL CROUTONS), and an endless glass of pomegranate iced tea for $2.99. that last item is made with pom wonderful which is like, $3.99 in stores or whatever. also is the only chain restaurant i know that serves jones soda and hot earl grey tea. and bonus for square plates

chili's is also a suitable choice, black bean burgers and really good fries

chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #65
nate
Hardcore Boarder

like i said, they used to

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i26.tinypic.com/34q4wvd.gif

nate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #66
sacrelicious
boarder

Cheesecake Factory always seems to make me sick.

Also I can see both a TGI Friday's and a Red Robin just by looking out my window at work. It's all pretty meh, but TGI's is the most meh of all. If I had to go to one of these restaurants mentioned it would probably be a Chili's. Lesser of the evils.

People can want you to be intimately involved in their lives, while at the same time want little or nothing to do with yours.

sacrelicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #67
Vic
see you in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgrimey View Post
That has heart attack written all over it.
The number of heart attacks I'm gonna get will set records... assuming I survive them.

Latest medical report says I'm fit as a horse though, so it's allllll good.

Vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #68
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

there is a sizzler in tustin.

there is a red lobster in garden grove.

kimpantaloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #69
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza&skateboarding View Post
like i said, they used to
sorry i kind of zoned out on this page once the usual dns vs. lawnboy shit started

Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #70
bluemoose
blank

there are like 5 local restaurants to a street here so these places are pretty much pointless. i think i've eaten at a tgi fridays and a chilis once or twice in airports. i eat fast food sometimes though

bluemoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #71
scott

something about a lot of the local places in san francisco has always depressed me. i dunno why...maybe because i was always in the lame parts of town. what part of the city do you live in?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #72
Magnum
Forum Leader

I'll just go ahead and assume nobody's ever been to a cracka barrel

it keeps me pretty impressed

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #73
steve
Hardcore Boarder

Love that place, where else can you get deep-fried anything for dirt cheap? The one here closed down recently

steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #74
bmac
something something haha funny

cracker barrel has good breakfast

not a fan of most of these types of restaurants, but i don't mind chilli's. ruby tuesday has a pretty nice salad bar. i think applebee's is kind of shitty.

bmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #75
scott

our family goes out of its way to go to cracker barrel whenever we're in an area that's near one. unfortunately, they've stopped going west after arizona, so it's rare that i go.

edit: and as has been said, applebee's is easily the lowest on list of generic chain restaurants, such as chili's, applebee's, tgif, ruby tuesday, etc.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #76
eddie
Hardcore Boarder

cheesecake factory has plenty of pasta dishes without meat. these are what i usually get.

i agree it's absurdly expensive, but i only go there with my family, so one of my parents will always pick up the bill. and it's not amazing by any means, it's just the lesser of multiple evils, i guess. how could anyone not think applebee's is the worst of all of these? it's the closest one to drive-thru fast food.

eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #77
steve
Hardcore Boarder

The service I've gotten at Applebees has usually been dreadful, a lot of these big chain places will just hire anyone who fills out an application without any screening process. The good thing is that you can complain and get free stuff.

Does anyone have O'Charley's near them? I've only seen them in TN and surrounding states.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #78
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

I haven't been to a lot of chain restaurants, but I loved Pizzeria Uno.
No Cheesecake Factory, although this sounds like it might be a good thing.

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #79
Tino
was metroidmike9

Chili's and Friday's are my favorites of the chain restaurants. Chili's used to have this great deal where you got a salad, a ribs meal, and dessert. And some people talked about famous daves bbq, that place has the most amazing family size platter with all the best bbq food: ribs, fries, beans, corn muffins, and chicken.

Tino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #80
steve
Hardcore Boarder

Cheesecake Factory is OK I guess, I've only eaten there once and it was chicken alfredo pizza, which was actually very good. Also had a mudslide ( for chick drinks). It was 10:30 at night and we still had to wait about half an hour. This was in downtown Baltimore.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #81
rachel
we're a shooting star

ooh, i haven't been to a ruby tuesday since we lived in upstate NY. totally worth it for the salad bar and soup alone. i can't stand TGIF's; they're menu is pretty terrible. pub 99 has awesome grilled chicken caesar salad and monster margaritas.

however...we usually always seem to end up at friendly's. not cool for me anymore since i did a 180 with my diet. fucking mozz sticks and fronions and loaded waffle fries and mint choc chip ice cream and peanut butter cup ice cream and chicken noodle soup. the last time we went there was when elena was here. t'was yummy.

oh yeah, when i lived in wisconsin and had no friendly's, i thought perkin's was an okay substitute. they were open all night too, which was cool because i spent my nights smoking copious amounts of pot and they were right down the street.

rachel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #82
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

Oh, I loved Friendly's, and got sick at TGI Fridays all the times I ate at different ones.
IHOP was good as well.

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #83
V.
moderate yrself

I'm sure everyone can agree it's only suitable to go to denny's after midnight when everything else is closed.

barbarus hic ego sum, qui non intelligor illlis

V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #84
scott

when you live in jersey, and there's a 24 hour diner on every street corner, there is no such thing as "when everything else is closed," and therefore no such thing as an excuse to go to denny's.

but i still go sometimes in california.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #85
steve
Hardcore Boarder

Been to Denny's after 4 AM a few times. The food was surprisingly decent. Service sucked because there was only 1 damn guy working the whole place. Poor guy.

Broadway Diner is the shit. Love their mozz sticks. Also went to a similar place in Baltimore once but I was too drunk to remember the name of it.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #86
Tino
was metroidmike9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage View Post
when you live in jersey, and there's a 24 hour diner on every street corner, there is no such thing as "when everything else is closed," and therefore no such thing as an excuse to go to denny's.

but i still go sometimes in california.
i know what u mean about the diners, i have 3 within 10 minutes driving distance that are open 24 hours and are pretty decent.

Tino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #87
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

yeah dennys is pretty friggin shitty but there's nothing much left open at 3am. last friday after clubbing in LA we went to a chinese food restaurant that stays open until 4am on the weekends. that shit was off the chain.

kimpantaloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #88
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny View Post
however...we usually always seem to end up at friendly's. not cool for me anymore since i did a 180 with my diet. fucking mozz sticks and fronions and loaded waffle fries and mint choc chip ice cream and peanut butter cup ice cream and chicken noodle soup. the last time we went there was when elena was here. t'was yummy.
when whole foods sent me up to maine for two weeks last year i ate dinner there every other night, on the company's dime. i received a daily allotment of $20 for dinner ($10 for breakfast, $12 for lunch) but only ever got grilled cheese and a sundae so i made a bunch of extra cash. okay one time i totally treated myself to a plate of mozzarella sticks as well but it was worth it. wow i can't believe i used to eat stuff like that all the time, fried food and so much ice cream. my diet's done a complete 180 too i guess

i used to go to denny's every friday around midnight with my friends but when new hampshire banned smoking in all restaurants we stopped because the characters you'd be hanging out with in the smoking section were half the appeal. bikers and potheads and obviously 15-year-old kids trying not to get caught. now that it's so boring there's no reason for me to bother trying to stomach their french toast

Old 07-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #89
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

i like cracker barrel sometimes. they give you a lot of food for very cheap. aaaaalmost makes up for the fact that everyone else in there belongs in a hospice

trill

BILLY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #90
nathan
slouching toward nirvana

i don't like chain restaurants, usually i tend to prefer mom and pop places. i will admit i can always get down on some panda express though.

twitter

nathan is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List