Boards & Rec
Old 09-29-2006, 12:33 PM   #61
adam
sweating holes in my zoot suit

Yes, it is from RE3. I thought I'd point it out, because that was the day's date (yet I have no intention of quoting the "October 1st, night" line on Sunday. Well, if anything, this date being notable is sort of a meta-reference, me and a group of friends had an RE3 obsession when we were 12 and that was one of our most quotable lines. We even founded our own fan club, Barry was taken, so I had to be Carlos.

Also, I prefer RE3 (and possibly even RE1) to RE2. RE2 was just too repetitive for me, with it's 4 scenarios, that were all quite similar. Still, it's a brilliant game and better than 4. RE3 is my all-time favourite game, if I get a Wii, I'll definately be picking up the Cube version of it (and probably all the Cube RE games).

adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #62
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

shaq fu tonight. oh yeah

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #63
Nebuchanezzar
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam R
Still, it's a brilliant game and better than 4.
Damn right. This castle in RE4 is ridiculous in every way.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

seasons 1-11 rated with explanations when requested (seasons 1-5 complete so far)

Nebuchanezzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #64
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

turok on the 64...uggh, didnt remember it being such shit.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #65
Roarke
apparso come un fantasma

yeah, i thought it was the coolest thing for about ten minutes. then i cried.

though duke nukem 64, despite being sort of shady in graphics, was kind of fun. the multiplayer lasted me a while.

so who's getting wii when? i want online games set up asap. I may have to wait until christmas, but before 07 comes i will be wii-ified

Roarke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #66
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I plan to get one close to launch. anyone taking pre-orders yet? heard the virtual console will have game available online right away...however playing others online will be early 07. can anyone vouch for this? guess this should be in the nintendo thread.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #67
skittlebrau
board robot

A guy can dream, can't he?

skittlebrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2006, 02:10 AM   #68
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

I've got to stop playing Guitar Hero so much and finish Okami already.

Fuck the Face Melters on Expert. Fuck them right in the ass.

Gunstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #69
jim
Hardcore Boarder

According to this article the reason Sony are giving for the controller having no rumble is to make it more "affordable".
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14001

Lol, the console will cost $1000 in australia. Nice to know that Sony are looking out for the consumer by cutting out useful features to make a more affordable $1000 console.
I'm so glad they did this cause I would've thought twice about my purchase had it cost me $1010 or so, but at just $1000 it's a steal.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dont Get Up Gentlemen, I'm Only Passin' Through...

jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #70
grissom
something clever

I found a kickass vintage video game store a few towns over today. Tons of used games from all kinds of systems. Fairly reasonable prices too. I may be going back later to pick up a copy of Bart Vs. The Space Mutants for $12. It looks almost brand new, still in the original box.

blog/photography/last.fm

grissom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2006, 02:17 AM   #71
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

Yeah nothing better than finding complete NES games for cheap. Got a complete Tiny Toon Adventures 2 for the NES for $10. Woo.

Gunstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #72
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

moving boxes in the storage unit is never fun. moving in a few months will be, in the meantime I found my 2600 which had been packaged well and hidden even better. also found keystone capers in the package with it. tonight it will so be on.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:24 PM   #73
Magnum
Forum Leader

god I hate going months without NES shopping

but.....Oblivion is my master now

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #74
morbot
Do Not Touch

The first expansion to World of Warcraft, titled The Burning Crusade is coming out soon... probably near the end of November...

I'm still pretty addicted to WoW in general, but now I waste so much time at work surfing around looking for news & updates about The Burning Crusade... it's pretty bad it's like a real addiction.

I cannot wait for the expansion... so much new stuff to do.

I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit!

morbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2006, 04:24 AM   #75
Roarke
apparso come un fantasma

pre-ordered it yesterday.
come play with me morbo :-*

Old 10-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #76
morbot
Do Not Touch

You play the current WoW Roarke?

It would be cool to have more people I know from outside WoW to play with... currently I play in a guild with a few of my RL freinds... we used to be in a pretty serious raiding guild but it collapsed under the pressure the leaders tried to put on it. I did get some sweet gear and I got to help kill Nefarian the final boss in Blackwing Lair so that was cool...

I will definately be starting up some new characters when the expansion hits... as well as leveling my main to 70. But I'm gonna stick to the same server so I can give money to my new alt and help him level And when the expansion comes out... I'm gonna tear up the new PvP system I can't wait.

Currently playing on Maelstrom, RP-PVP server.

morbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #77
Roarke
apparso come un fantasma

hahaha, wow. maelstrom was the server for everyone i worked with at my old job. when i went to make a character, it was down for a few days so i rolled on one of the new servers. brought one of my coworkers week me to steamwheedle cartel. but yeah, some alliance guild on mael is a bunch of dudes i used to work with

pretty far for a new server, i believe we're the first horde guild to down ragnaros. though BC may change my guild's make up..

Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #78
skittlebrau
board robot

Woo, I've been on an older game buying spree. After much discussion with kupo over the music and watching speed runs on YouTube (with long cutscenes included when it's supposed to be a damn speed run :\), I eBay'd Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil after looking for it at two Game Stops, a Game Crazy and a local bookstore (that also has a good stock of games) but came up short at each one. The bookstore, however, did have Klonoa: Door To Phantomile for $10...but I didn't buy it (!)

Well, I went back to nab it today since I realized what a dumbfuck I was...but it was sold yesterday afternoon according to the guy behind the counter (sorry, kupo)

...At least I managed to score Little Nemo: The Dream Master and Snake, Rattle n' Roll for $5 each

Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #79
grissom
something clever

I have Snake, Rattle N' Roll in my miniscule collection, but I've never played it for some reason. Worth my time Skittle?

Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #80
skittlebrau
board robot

Most def', grissom. Used to play it virtually every day at my friend's house back in the day. Was ridiculous fun, from what I can remember. Although today is the first time I've played it in about 14 years or so, so I am veeery rusty :-$

If you've got it, play it!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #81
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Heh its all right, brau. You tried :thumbsup

Snake, Rattle n' Roll is awesome shit grissom. Even though I could never get past a certain level, it was very fun.

And...NEMO!

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #82
Kefka
Hardcore Boarder

I'm still addicted to WoW. where do you guys think I've been the past 1.5 years? (That comment is for those of you who actually remember me).

What game was Snake, Rattle n' Roll? For some reason I'm picturing a puzzle game..

Kefka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #83
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

You have this snake and a "3D" tilted plane. You eat the enemies and these little ball things with your tongue to grow bigger and get a longer tongue, and the snake body is made of the little balls. And from what I remember, you just gotta get from one end of the level to the exit door, which I think is almost always at the top right area of the level? Not sure. If no the top right then definitely just plain UP somewhere, heh. Oh yeah, and you have to eat enough of the balls to be heavy enough to ring the bell at the end to open the door.

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #84
Kefka
Hardcore Boarder

So it's just kinda like Snake, but you have to exit the level? Interesting.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #85
grissom
something clever

Maybe I'll check out SRNR tomorrow then. Sounds like something I'll get addicted to.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #86
Kefka
Hardcore Boarder

http://www.flyingomelette.com/reviews/nes/snakernr.html

Ooh, I think I played a... of that... it kinda sucked. :P

Old 10-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #87
Magnum
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupostmortem
You eat the enemies and these little ball things with your tongue to grow bigger and get a longer tongue, and the snake body is made of the little balls.

btw, Can anyone explain to me what makes World of Warcraft so great? I didn't pay attention to it for a second until I heard of the South Park episode.

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #88
skittlebrau
board robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum
Hahah, an even shorter and to the point description of the game would be "you eat balls and your snake gets bigger"

Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #89
Kefka
Hardcore Boarder

It's just a fun game. I dunno, if you're not into RPGs you may not like it. :s

Old 10-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #90
skittlebrau
board robot

Arrived in the mail today 8-) Easily the funnest game I've played in awhile.

And now that I'm hearing the music in game, I can appreciate it even more. Fantastic music, even more fantastic game!

User Tag List