Boards & Rec
Old 12-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #181
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Never sat through one of them. Saw bits and pieces of the 1st and second one a long time ago. I never really liked the idea of tough guys/girls street-racing neon coloroud lunch boxes.
I did see Drive a while back, very much reluctantly. Because I thought it was a rip-off of Fast and Furious. But oh boy, was I ever wrong! Awesome movie, one of my favourites!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Guns don't kill people. Physics kill people!

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #182
box elder
Forum Leader

i mean, by part 4 they basically turned into jason bourne/mission:impossible type action popcorn movies that have basically nothing to do with racing. which of course doesn't make much sense ("you know who we need for this international mission of the upmost importance? that gang of truck hijackers!"), but again, they're dumb fun for the most part

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #183
comeau
go to work wasted

There's far more American muscle cars and exotic super cars in the movies now than "neon coloroud lunch boxes". especially since Paul Walker is now gone, though towards the end he was driving Subaru STIs and Nissan GTRs, which aren't exactly the rice burners from the first couple movies either.

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #184
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

off topic of go fast car movies, but still in line with movies that are fun (tro me anyhow), I would like another nation treasure movie. I enjoy them, any movie with a treasure hunt or a bit of mystery is a good time. these have just been enjoyable watches. I may be in the minority on this.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  God

Old 12-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #185
box elder
Forum Leader

i've only seen the first. how many are there at this point? and i usually try to avoid the pedantic plot-hole-seeking way of watching movies, but that one was hard to avoid. the main one i remember is that one of the clues involved the sun shining on a specific brick at a specific time of day, but they didn't say anything about what day or even general time of year. which would obviously affect where the sun is at a given time

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #186
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

there have only been 2. I would like a third. there is nothing to wrap up and both are standalone, but I like that type of goofy treasure hunts with vague and far fetched ties to history. tons of inconsistency but I can suspend disbelief for a couple of hours and enjoy popcorn fluff. sometimes that is what I want/need between what I consider to be well written and crafted cinema.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #187
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Yoooo we took Amy to see the Spiderverse movie last night and dayum. What an amazing visual treat. I usually can't be bothered to care about Spiderman because I'm so tired of how many movies and actors the character has had in my life time but this was a wonderful movie. Not a single dull moment. Aesthetically stunning, stellar voice acting, very likable protagonists AND antagonists. I don't think there was a character I did not enjoy.

Amy actually cried at Kingpin's introduction because of what he does, and she wanted to leave the theater. But she pretended to sleep and cover her eyes and ears while peeking through all the Doc Ock stuff and got back into it. By the time Spiderwoman showed up she was all in again and was super excited to talk about everything she liked in the movie once we walked out. Once Kingpin's origin was delivered, Amy seemed to chill out at his appearances.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #188
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

^ saw this last Saturday. it was by far the best spider man film to date. I was totally invested in the characters and it told a truly great story. it was such a good watch and before I knew it...it was over. I only have a couple of 4k discs, but when this comes out it is going right into the collection.

User Tag List