Boards & Rec
Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #31
jordan
Hi Doggie

wow that's really cool

yeah i don't know if it will be on the show but the fact that it says "1 download" on the soundcloud very well could mean the music picking guy there grabbed it. it also happened directly after i reposted it in the forum.

i have tons and tons of music in the RISK! podcast (some may remember, i was also the live houseband for 8 months or so), but that started to get... ehh i shouldn't go into it but i felt a bit like i was doing way too much work for very little in return.

jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #32
Kamerica
HOW MUCH WERE MY SHARES DILUT

was rooting for key and peele on cbb this week, but it was a dud i think

on the otherhand the leykis episode was GOLD jerry, GOLD

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kamerica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #33
Kamerica

also jordan your plugs song ROCKS

by:  jordan

Old 09-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #34
cole
start the clock

that's the best plugs track ever

i just know it will make it. well done, @jordan.

cole is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  jordan

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #35
eddie
Hardcore Boarder

good work, jordan! i love it. it definitely has a unique touch (it's sweet and cute with female vocals) that i don't think any other plugs theme has had

eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #36
benjamin
-

The only problem is it's not way too long, with an awkward gap before the vocals come in.

benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  cole, jordan

Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #37
jordan
Hi Doggie

hahaaha i specifically made a point to not do that, i can't believe how long some of those plug themes are. yeah the goal was to not make something grotesque/clumsy. thanks dudes.

the weird behind the scenes story for the music is that was a (serious, through a contact i have) submission for a laundry detergent commercial (would have been big bucks) that was rejected

by:  cole

Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #38
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

i'm listening to the best of 2011 CBB and i just heard amy poehler's rap battle for the first time. holy lord, had me in stitches.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

trill

BILLY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #39
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

also liver cancer: that's a big deal

Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
jake
...with club sauce.

That's a top 10 moment for me.

Marissa Wompler may be my favorite character now. Mostly because her being on the show makes Scott get super dirty.

jake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #41
Raoul Dukie
beatles this beatles that

I'm just getting into Comedy Bang Bang and I'm obsessed with this show. Any recommendations for good episodes? I really doubt I'll ever go back and listen to almost 200 episodes so I'm trying to find the best ones. So far I've listened to both Farts and Procreations, Best of 2011, all of the ones with David Wain and a few random ones, what else should I check out?

Also I started listening to the Halloween 2010 episode and Scott Aukerman mentions that the episode before it got a lot of people talking but for the wrong reasons, bad press or something? Anyone know what he's talking about? Just curious.

Raoul Dukie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
benjamin
-

I think this would be when Zach Galifianakis supposedly got Mel Gibson kicked off The Hangover 2, and something he said in the episode got reported a lot.

Found it

Quote:
Speaking on the Comedy Death-Ray podcast last week, Galifianakis said: "A movie you're acting in, you don't have a lot of control -- you just show up and vomit your lines out. I'm not the boss. I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something. But I can't get the guys to[listen] ... I'm not making any leeway."

by:  BILLY

Old 10-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #43
Raoul Dukie
beatles this beatles that

Ah, makes sense. I remember hearing something about that a while ago, thanks.

Raoul Dukie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #44
cole
start the clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
Marissa Wompler may be my favorite character now. Mostly because her being on the show makes Scott get super dirty.
wow, i just listened to this week's cbb on the way to work and made a mental note to post about how wompler has become my favorite character. you're absolutely right about scott -- he plays so well off of her. his story about the itunes reviewer who listened to one episode and thought the show was just scott hitting on a real 16 year old intern was the highlight of the episode. i want another episode with her and lennon parham.

@billy, that amy poehler rap is the best thing ever. her rap on her most recent appearance was really good too. david fiene needs to come back. i miss him .. and adam pally in general, really.

i've been traveling a lot and podcasts have gotten me through it. really liking the fogelnest files so far. sklarbro country continues to be the most hit or miss show for me. not sure if there are any fans here, but i listened to the reggie watts episode and really loved it. that show depends entirely on the guest. i've lost interest in wtf lately. i'm sure i'll regain interest, but right now it feels too intense for killing time in the car or at the airport.

i also have a soft spot for totally laime, even though i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. it's a guilty pleasure. i've listened to four episodes (matt walsh, dan harmon, scott aukerman, aubrey plaza) and really loved them. but ... i would probably like any podcast that had one of those four as guests. i'm going to download some more with guests i really like. the husband is such a bore though. the couples thing surprisingly works, but i just wish she had married someone funny.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #45
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

I want to listen to CBB at work but I physically could not stop laughing out loud at farts and procreation today. I finally gave up and just listened on the way home. hilarious stuff, I'd actually never listened before.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #46
jake
...with club sauce.

i tried cbb at work yesterday and had to shut it off for the same reason. when wompler said "i'd take these titties out" i almost had to get up from my desk.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #47
jake
...with club sauce.

so i've come to the conclusion that i really can't stand pete holmes. i listened to the recent live ymiw today at work and he just annoyed me and ruined the guests by just being loud and obnoxious. like, harris wittels is trying to do a bit and holmes is just screaming and yelling "yes!!" over the whole thing.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #48
mr. broom
comes from circumstances

the live ones are a different beast than his regular interviews. not an extremely different beast, but definitely not the same. certain interviews he's done are just fucking fantastic, and it's usually down to the guest. I really like the ones with Bo Burnham, Kyle Kinane, and the recent one he did with Jimmy Pardo (less funny than the other two but very interesting)

mr. broom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
jake
...with club sauce.

i've listened to a few regular eps and i have the same issues, although like you said usually a strong guest can make up for it.

he's kind of like chris hardwick for me in that regard. sometimes a strong guest can make up for issues i have with him, but sometimes he dominates the podcast a little too much.

speaking of the nerdist, the rich sommer episode is great and there's a hilarious story about lars ulrich on it.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #50
AllSussedOut
the ghost of troubled Joe

as of late

1 best show
2 the bugle
3 todd glass
4 how was your week
5 smartest man in the world

fogelnest, superego, tompkast (ahem, "the comedian who shall not be named"), wtf are also great, of course.

AllSussedOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #51
mr. broom
comes from circumstances

I keep waiting to get tired of the schtick on the todd glass show. eerie how it hasn't happened for me. I can see a lot of dudes tiring of it and would not blame them but it doesn't get old for me

mr. broom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #52
Kamerica

i am tired of it.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #53
cole
start the clock

i need to venture outside of the earwolf corner. right now, wtf is the only podcast i listen to regularly outside of that niche. pft's show hasn't really clicked for me, but i'm still giving it a shot. i go out of my way to listen to any podcast that he's a guest on, so i think it's just an issue of getting out of my comfort zone of bare bones chat formats. i can't get into pete holmes. i echo @Jakebert's complaints. i've had todd glass' show on my iphone for a long time. i'm finally going to listen to an episode this weekend.

Quote:
i tried cbb at work yesterday and had to shut it off for the same reason. when wompler said "i'd take these titties out" i almost had to get up from my desk.
yes, the progression of her character in terms of filthiness has been great. i was jogging when scott mentioned the itunes complaint. i had to stop to catch my breath because i kept laughing. the mental image of someone listening to that show and not realizing that it's improv killed me.

also, totally laime continues to be a bad podcast that i love for some reason. i'm still pretty sure it's bad, but it works for me. i mean, there's a segment each week where they read a description of a random oprah episode to a guest and ask the guest's thoughts on the show based on the one sentence summary. this week i listened to patton oswalt's and pft's episodes. patton's was probably the best just because he dominated the conversation and it felt like he was just working through some new material (he wasn't, but it had a similar vibe ... i think he's just been doing standup so long that all of his stories adhere follow a standup structure). pft, instead, just had some brilliant responses to some of laime's stories. pft's reaction when he finds out what laime's dad did for a living is great and he also has some nice little one line interjections like, "you had a poster sized photo? i'm pretty sure that's just called a poster."

Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

episode 18 is probably not a good starting point if you aren't a big fan of the tompkast

Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #55
Kamerica

love pft but im not a huge fan of the tompkast either

Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
benjamin
-

I've never listened to Totally Laime, mainly because of some dumb grudge against it because I don't think it deserved to make it anywhere near the final of The Earwolf Challenge. Every guest judge they had seemed to vote for them because they'd been on the show before.

Shame they aren't going to be doing the earwolf challenge again, it was so compelling while it was on.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #57
jordan
Hi Doggie

Quote:
so i've come to the conclusion that i really can't stand pete holmes.

i hate his podcasts and his "interviews" but he's a fantastic comedian. i've seen him live a bunch of times years ago and i would rave about him afterwards. great great comedian.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #58
Kamerica

i really love pete holmes, in most respects. though sometimes his podcast can be literally cringe inducing with how pete holmesy he is

Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #59
benjamin
-

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! YES! YES!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #60
Kamerica

"let me completely talk over you and ask you a total of three questions, guest who is interesting"

"let me over intellectualize the broad strokes of a subject i have little knowledge of"

"uh huh. yeah. uh huh. (clearly not listening)"

"and that's why it's EXACTLY like [jerking off/being gay]"

"PLEASE LIKE ME"

that being said he is amazing on every live show/podcast he's on.

User Tag List