brentmoney
board sheriff

i honestly don't think this deal is that great

how do you not include bynum.

brentmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #67
kevin
GOD IS AMAZIN

because the hornets were retarded and panicked and took way less than they should have

kevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #68
scott

lakers are just like the patriots, apparently. teams suddenly get stupid when trading with them and undersell.

still, the lakers lost two of the guys that gave them so much of their size advantage, while leaving behind the guy who is infinitely more fragile than either. paul is a HUGE addition to the team, but i think it leaves them potentially exposed or thin in that area.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #69
The Sovereign
Hella wet

Plus Bynum gets injured when you sneeze near him

The Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #70
scott

honestly, if (when) bynum goes down for any length of time, who the hell plays inside for them now?

if they're not about to move bynum and some picks or something for dwight howard, i'm not sure what to think of the trade, no matter how good chris paul is.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #71
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah it makes the front line weaker, and takes away a big punch off the bench. I have no idea who will generate points off the bench now.

stoked for the move.

I love bynum, but now I feel like its get howard or this will be all for nothing.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #72
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmoney View Post
i honestly don't think this deal is that great

how do you not include bynum.
lakers were only gonna move bynum for howard. a few reports seemed to indiciate otherwise, but front office has made it clear. without odom to offer with him...I dunno how you make it attractive for orlando.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #73
scott

pickz.

cuz if orlando is trading howard, it means rebuilding time, anyway.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #74
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah that was my thinking. I just wonder how much it will take. maybe bring in a third team to add pieces.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #75
kevin
GOD IS AMAZIN

this isn't the nfl though. even multiple first round picks aren't gonna be worth shit when they're at the bottom of the first round every year

Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #76
smyce
Outta Nowhere

looks like the trade got blocked. odom threatening to retire. paul expected to report to hornets camp.

fuck the nba.

smyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #77
scott

this shit is hilarious. i love the sassy black ladies calling into local sports radio right now to pretend this is the worst thing to happen to them since jim crow.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #78
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Paul not reporting to hornets.

Weird shit. Hope its resolved. If not so it is bad news for league...telling players where they can and can't play. Not gonna fly.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #79
scott

but that's not really what it is. chris paul isn't deciding where he wants to play. chris paul already did decide that...when he signed his contract. he can certainly ask to be traded, and they certainly can do that. but they're not telling him he can't play where he wants. he told himself that...or at least forfeited his right to have any indignance if his demands weren't immediately met.

the owners' frustration is a bit understandable. a lot of them are still probably pretty raw about the grizzlies deciding to single-handedly prop up the lakers for another few years by handing them gasol. this trade wasn't nearly as one sided, but it certainly brings back memories of that happening. because of the lakers' current roster, losing the two big guys would hurt to be sure, but relative to chris paul's talent, new orleans was hardly getting a fair swap on the trade. and since new orleans is in the unique position of being owned by the league, i don't necessarily blame the owners for thinking the league was pulling the trigger on this trade in order to continue to prop up a storied franchise for marketing purposes. i'm not saying that's what happened personally, but if they believe that, it's hardly a reach to think it true.

and even then, the owners aren't demanding that chris paul not be allowed to go to the lakers. no one is vetoing the right of hornets (or rather, the NBA) to move the guy. i'm sure they just want to be certain that if he's moved, that adequate compensation is received and that the NBA really is making sure the best deal possible is made, and not just one that furthers a would-be dying dynasty.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #80
kevin
GOD IS AMAZIN

i like how we had this long lockout and nothing changed

everything wrong with the league is still in the forefront. luckily the league was able to squash this one

Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #81
Mayor Quimby
Pro putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell View Post
the owners' frustration is a bit understandable. a lot of them are still probably pretty raw about the grizzlies deciding to single-handedly prop up the lakers for another few years by handing them gasol.
The value the Grizzlies now have in Marc Gasol is pretty damn good.

Mayor Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #82
scott

totally.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #83
smyce
Outta Nowhere

the thing that sucks is that now, the hornets cannot trade him. how can they? it forces us to keep him all year then lose him for nothing instead of rebuilding this year while still maintaining a decent enough squad to possibly make the playoffs. now, we keep paul, get a 6 seed, and he bolts at the end of the year and we get shit.

just fuck everyone involved

Old 12-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #84
scott

i don't think that's necessarily the case. it's possible he goes to the lakers still, even. i don't think the owners complaint was solely about stopping paul from being a laker...it was about making sure the trade made more sense for the teams involved. in that case, this action has the potential to make things better for your guys.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #85
kevin
GOD IS AMAZIN

i don't even really give a shit that he goes to a certain team, i just thing it's goddamn ridiculous how much power the superstars of this league have and i want them knocked down a peg

i hope he spends the whole season hurt and moping in new orleans

Old 12-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #86
smyce
Outta Nowhere

eh I dont know. Adrian Wojnarowski said this:

"Some owners pushed Stern to demand that trade be nullified, and the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency."

I mean, considering we were losing our only asset and top 10 talent in the whole league, I'd say we were getting a pretty good deal. Odom, Scola and Martin were decent additions. Lakers actually got the shittiest part of the deal.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #87
scott

on another note though, the trade just seemed bad for the league. there simply aren't enough elite players in the game right now to make more than a handful of teams relevant, or even marketable.

the concentration of all of the elite talents amongst a continually decreasing number of teams is just bad for the sport. new orleans is only ever discussed in regards to chris paul. the thunder are nothing without durant. the magic fade a ton without howard. cleveland is a joke again without lebron. smaller teams can't be expected to maintain their financial existence, let alone fan base, if they have to cave to every asshole who becomes unhappy with the contracts that they fucking CHOSE to sign.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #88
pocketfox
THAT'S MY PURSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D's Twitter
Stern shoulda stopped that Bullsht trade the LAKES made when they got PauGasol from Memphis for a Oyster PO BOy and a Mud Island sweet tea
Fight the power.

pocketfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #89
brentmoney
board sheriff

brentmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #90
Swish
That guy

''Sources say Dwight Howard will ask Orlando to trade him to NJ today. Trade could take place today."

Man, fuck these players wanting to form "super teams"

Swish is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List