Boards & Rec
Old 08-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #31
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

This forum is too slow I say

My Gargoyles Quest II arrived in the mail...huzzah. I never got around to playing this when I was a kid, but I always wanted to. Got it pretty cheap, considering it's not easy to come by these days. The wall clinging/jumping controls are annoying sometimes, but it's good generic platformer + Dragon Warrior fun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gunstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #32
BlindPsychic
Hardcore Boarder

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...rtress+2&hl=en
The trailer for TF2, loving Valve's new direction w/ the character designs, can't wait for this one.

BlindPsychic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #33
Magnum
Forum Leader

Gargoyle's Quest eh? I bought Demon's Crest which put GQ 1 & 2 firmly on my find list.

I picked up 13 random NES carts for 30 bucks sunday. Mostly licensed crap but Little Nemo is good and Captain America & The Avengers isn't too bad either.

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #34
skittlebrau
board robot

Oh man! I want Little Nemo: The Dream Master

It shall be mine someday...

skittlebrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #35
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Mmm, I love my Little Nemo *hugs it*

Can't get past that fucking level with the toy train or whatever but still...love the game.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #36
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

I've gone as far as Nemo's House a few times and I reckon it's 10x worse.

goddamn plate throwing monkey motherfuckers arrgh

Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #37
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

played some combat basketball this afternoon...bill laimbeer I love you.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #38
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

How could you put yourself through that dan

Old 09-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #39
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I like to punish myself. yeah it was bad, real bad. then I popped in hoops...even worse.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #40
Paul
scoffs at gravity

Not to derail this thread off the current topic, but I just found out today that my PlayStation 2 no longer wants to play Spyro 3 as it is a blue disc. I'm pretty pissed, that game ruled.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 AM   #41
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

what was this issue with the blue discs...I remember there was a way to get them to work. something in the ps2 settings...worked for me when I played mad maestro.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #42
Paul
scoffs at gravity

It's been refusing to play certain discs for a while now, starting with Action Replay (I know it's my own fault for trying to cheat with games but it's still annoying). I should probably just give up and pay for a slim console instead but I don't have enough money lying around.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #43
kupomog

Well any gaming nerd would've seen this by now but I still wanna post it because I really like it and someone brought it up again on another board. The popular GTA-ish Coke commercial:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/television/...-up-193821.php

Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 AM   #44
TriforceBun
HOLD IT! OBJECTION!

I have trouble in stage 5--Nemo's House.

So I've been playing more Mother 3 recently (you know, the Japan-only sequel to awesome SNES RPG EarthBound)--this game is phenomenal, it's quite unlike anything I've ever played (including EB). The story at times has a Miyazaki feel to it--it's very surreal.

My Nintendo webcomic,

TriforceBun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #45
skittlebrau
board robot

Holy FUCK on wheat toast! I simply have to go see this for the good of Nintendo geeks and NHC gaming nerds everywhere! I shall try and procure a recording device with which to bootleg and share with. If not, poo. Either way, I have to see this.

Nerdgasm :nerdb:

Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #46
kupomog

Hahaha awesome brau. Have fun, man

Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #47
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlebrau
Holy FUCK on wheat toast! I simply have to go see this for the good of Nintendo geeks and NHC gaming nerds everywhere! I shall try and procure a recording device with which to bootleg and share with. If not, poo. Either way, I have to see this.

Nerdgasm :nerdb:

they played here last week (probably why his interview was from DC) and i really wanted to go, but nobody i know was up for the level of nerddom that i was. didn't really feel like going alone, so i missed it

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #48
skittlebrau
board robot

I'll either A) Drag my sister with me to see them (surprsingly enough, she played a lot of my Nintendo back in the day even though we're nine years apart, so she might get a kick out of it), or B) Go it alone. I would really like to see them perform, either way.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:15 AM   #49
hi

yeah, nintedos.

hi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #50
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

finally got my old nes gun to work again...duck hunt surprisingly has aged very well.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #51
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

blowing away ducks is timeless fun. Reminds me, I'll be kinda pissed if nothing comes out of that Duck Hunt Wii tech demo.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #52
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

so are you going to see the Advantage tonight skittle?

they put on a fine show from what I hear, shouldn't pass it up.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #53
skittlebrau
board robot

Hell yes I am, 'shach. I feel as if the Computer Magic forum geeks would all die if I didn't. Even if it means going alone (looking like it). Don't care. I'd rather go by myself and have lots of fun then go with someone that might not dig it and be bored or something which I don't want.

I'm still trying to find my tape recorder to bootleg, though. However I found a stash of unopened cassettes from back in the day I can use! It's been years since I've recorded anything on tape, by the way... If push comes to shove, I'll look for some cheap recorder at Wal-Mart since I have to go there today, anyway. Otherwise, I see show and no bootlegs for anyone

Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 AM   #54
skittlebrau
board robot

Awesome awesome awesome awesome! Just got back from seeing The Advantage. They did some crazy-ass medleys of their more well known covers mixed in with some new stuff which happens to be on an EP of some sort, and also of which I now own Great stuff.

I will upload tomorrow when I'm not so lazy and pissed at Wendy's for giving me stale fries with my late-night craving. Fuckers.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I did manage to bootleg the show. All I have to do now is rip it from my voice recorder and it all comes together after that. Again, when I'm not so lazy :x

EDIT: alright, so I upped the EP. Say "thank you, 'brau."
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rx1xl3

EDIT #2: well, the bootleg is distorted beyond fixing, so no bootleg for anyone. Sorry

Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #55
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

thanks

Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #56
Gunstar
Hardcore Boarder

Glad you had a good time. Too bad about the bootleg, thanks for trying anyway. EP easily makes up for it though, thanks a ton.

And I don't know what it is, but Wendy's fries are always stale and tasteless to me.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #57
skittlebrau
board robot

No problemo, guys. I just wish I could at least share the Beatles jam they threw in near the end (an awesome snippet from "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"). Sounded meticulous coming from them. Geek rock and The Beatles together...what more do you want?

And yeah, just remind never to get fries at Wendy's when it's near midnight ever again

Old 09-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #58
skittlebrau
board robot

I was going through some boxes in the backyard (stored in the '55 Chevy aka the shed) earlier when I found my Atari 7800 with controllers. Couldn't remember where I had put it, but it somehow managed to find its way out there. When I stored it, it was somewhat buggy, but still working as I recall. Not anymore

Me, being the crazy sentimental packrat that I am, had a hard time figuring out what to do with it. It was an ultimately hard decision to make, but I tossed it out :\ It smelled of cat piss and had dirt all over it, so it was a lost cause to keep it (even though I was considering it due to, you know, guilt of some sort). I don't even know where most of the games are anymore. Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

Farewell, 7800. You brought me enjoyment playing Pole Position, Q-Bert and Pitfall as a youngin'. *sniff*

Old 09-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #59
adam
sweating holes in my zoot suit

September 28th, daylight.

The monsters have overtaken the city.

Somehow,

I'm still alive...

I need an RE smiley to make this poor reference better...

adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #60
Nebuchanezzar
Hardcore Boarder

Is that from Resident Evil 3? I love that game, not as good as Resident Evil 2 though. I love the urban settings in RE games, they're unbeatable, but RE3 just wasn't as fun overall as RE2.

I've been playing through RE4 some more. It's not as bad as I once said it was, but it's not anywhere near the best RE game. The camera still annoys me, and it doesn't feel anywhere near cheesy enough. There isn't enough backstory to the game, and it's nowhere near as freaky as past RE games. It's better than RE0 though.

seasons 1-11 rated with explanations when requested (seasons 1-5 complete so far)

Nebuchanezzar is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List