Boards & Rec
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #1111
box elder
Forum Leader

it's always a great call if you get it, but the titans tried that earlier this year (against the chargers no less) and didn't get it, so it wasn't such a great call there

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 02:59 AM   #1112
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

definitely. i think i'd be a conservative coach. take the 1

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #1113
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

sean enjoy the titans win over the skins, my xmas gift to you.

weird season. Saints and Rams have hit the skids on offense. the Cowboys had it going until this past Sunday. Bears are sort of easy to root for. I expect the Saints closing out at home and then getting home field will aid the offense and push them into the Super Bowl.

The AFC, man I want the Chargers to make it and win. I also would be ok with the Texans and possible the Chiefs. Just no Pats or Steelers please.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #1114
box elder
Forum Leader

dude, they lost to the bills. i do not consider any game a gimme for this team

Old 12-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #1115
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

fair enough. reed and doctson both likely out. the oline is down 3 starters and now the weapons are falling as well.

will be an ugly game, but no way titans defense does not have a field day. this is a certainty.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #1116
box elder
Forum Leader

Default football!

Told you. Fucking trash franchise. Dissolve the entire thing and sell for parts

Old 12-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #1117
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

damn afc, pats 2nd seed again

Old 12-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #1118
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

browns got really close to being over 50%. still 7 wins and a tie is a pretty impressive turnaround from 0-16

Old 01-02-2019, 11:15 AM   #1119
box elder
Forum Leader

i wasn't gonna watch any football this season and i should have stuck to my guns

Old 01-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #1120
xander
<"))))><

football
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/4...peehs-1720513/

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #1121
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

bears shouldnt have let it come down to a kick

Old 01-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #1122
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so in order of what teams left I would to see make it to the super bowl because everyone cares.

afc
1. Chargers (Rivers, asshole or not. I root for the dude)
2.Colts/Chiefs (No one these teams to really dislike. I like the coaches too)
3. Patriots (die already)

nfc
1. Saints (when they are on, damn fun to watch)
2. Rams (^ditto)
3. Eagles (only here because they are not Dallas)
4. Cowboys (die more)

Last edited by DAntae; 01-12-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 AM   #1123
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

chiefs and rams were impressive

Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 PM   #1124
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

damn chargers

Old 01-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #1125
comeau
go to work wasted

so what about that super bowl eh? the two teams that probably(definitely) shouldn't have gotten there, getting there?

guess for a couple weeks I'm a Rams fan

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #1126
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah glaring call in each game was missed. that said I think almost everyone is rooting for the rams.just going by league history they are arriving a season or two early. just have to hope the moment is not too big for the younger guys. I have a strong feeling it will be and that has me bumming.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #1127
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

i think the rams are more well rounded than chiefs or chargers, but as we have seen in some recent superbowls anything can happen on the day. to go in to new orleans and get the job done was pretty huge

Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #1128
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

well they got the job done, but they benefited from one of the more obvious ref blunders ever.

I do think the rams offense will be a bigger challenge than what the pats faced with the chiefs. since parting ways with kareem hunt the chiefs running game became less of a threat. hunt was also a great threat to take any short pass and make something big happen.

the rams with gurley when healthy have a guy who can beat you running and receiving. it will come down to the rams defense and how they hold up. sony has been producing at a high level most of the season and he has really been rolling in the playoffs.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #1129
box elder
Forum Leader

i dunno, the way i look at the severity of blown calls is "how much of a difference would it have made if the player didn't foul" more than "how much of a difference would it have made if the call was made." and in this case, if dude had played the ball, it would have been easily broken up, if not picked. so i don't feel too bad for them. if anything, though, hopefully this will lead to replays on interference calls (they're too game changing to be left up to the refs in real time with zero recourse) and also scrutiny on the practice of not calling stuff at the end of games even if it's super obvious (i still say the last play of the 49ers/ravens super bowl should have been interference too)

Old 01-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #1130
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I usually look at things the same way, it is rare that one play truly decides a game (aside from an injury), but it was obvious. sure perhaps if he played the ball he makes the int or breaks it up, but who is to say he does not tip it up and somehow the saints come down with it and go in for a score. not likely ti have happened but you never know.

you are right, it is time for pass interference to be a challenge for coaches. also coaches should be able to use the challenge at any point in the game. they are given a set amount, the policy of allowing the officials in the booth to determine if it should be reviewed is so ass backwards. why would it matter if a coach challenged with 8 minutes left in the 3ds or less than two in the 4th. just bad stuff.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:23 PM   #1131
box elder
Forum Leader

i sort of get the intent, since the refs can decide to look at something even if the coach is out of challenges at the most important part of the game. but yeah, if the coach still has a challenge and the refs decline to look at something why the hell not let him use it? remember when the lions (of course) had an obviously blown call at the end of a game and the ref threw the challenge flag, but because it was the last two minutes him throwing the flag meant they weren't allowed to go back and look at it?? i hope they've at least changed that monstrosity of a rule

Old 02-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #1132
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

they are good at what they do

Old 02-04-2019, 01:48 AM   #1133
comeau
go to work wasted

just a solid disappoint all around. really hate this sport in the current moment.

maybe next season we can have it so the refs don't influence the game more than the players on the field. maybe...

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2019, 02:24 AM   #1134
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

the divisional bias is frustrating too. can't see it ever changing. patriots are very good and would probably win anyway, but having jets, bills and dolphins 6 times every year has to help a bit. then chargers travelling to the other side of the country despite having a better record, at least nba sorted that out

Old 02-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #1135
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah the weak division has allowed them to pad wins and normally have home field for the divisional and conf title games. that said manning when with the colts had just about as easy a go in that division after his initial early seasons. somehow most teams tend to play the worst in big games against the pats. often times self inflicted, sometimes outplayed and out coached. sometimes questionable calls. thankfully the giants and eagles at least kept them relegated to second place 3 times.

the outcome was easy to see coming and was my initial concern that I posted. the rams who have way more talent top to bottom were just not ready for that moment yet. Goff was pressured for sure, but he often only looked for the first option and when he had to go off script he struggled. no shame in that, he is a kid-- happens to all young qbs at some point. McVay who has done an amazing job so quickly did not make any adjustments to help the kid out.

The rams defense played more than well enough to win that game. this will either galvanize the rams and make them more dangerous going forward, or it could shell shock and start the finger pointing. the talent is obviously there, but the title window is so small for 'most organizations'. all that said, what a piece of shit game.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #1136
box elder
Forum Leader

gamed sucked ass. fuck the patriots. honestly i may completely call it quits on this shitty league once and for all at this point

Old 02-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #1137
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

Mcvay exposed for the fraud he is lmao. Good thing the rams got hyped all year

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #1138
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

Also the MVP of the game literally being suspended for roids earlier in the year lmao

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #1139
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

in no way is McVay a fraud, his offenses consistently scores and rack up yards. it was just the worst possible matchup with a 3rd year qb. McVay may just be a product of the new culture of offense, but to downplay getting to a super bowl is pretty stupid.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #1140
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

also to see how far rams have come under him. yes they have good players but you have to actually be able to get them to produce together. the cowboys and saints teams they beat were good teams.
they weren't blown off the field in the superbowl, patriots hang in and had a few more big plays that was the difference - which is what they do and how they have won their 6 superbowls

User Tag List