Old 09-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #991
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skins gonna skin (themselves) sigh

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 AM   #992
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

good win over the cowboys. I was worried when adams was out but jones stepped up

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #993
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

my ability to care about the team I have cheered for as long as I can remember is almost all gone. I like so many of the young players, but just burnt out on the lack of leadership from ownership/management. all the horrible Snyder stories coming out, but everyone already knew he was a fucking asshole. Allen might be the worst to ever have the job in the history of any sport. I feel for the young guys the most, they are going to waste the first 4 or 5 years in a no win situation, then hopefully move on to have success elsewhere.

I am enjoying the league more this season however. I find myself going out of my way to watch Texans games. Watson is so damn fun to watch, hell even the Jags are interesting with Minshew.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #994
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

at this point he has to, unless they go back to him again and they see 'team' progress. he has been misused like so many young qbs. I think Vrabel is another of those guys who is a good to great coordinator...but just not built to be the head guy (at least not at this point). I could see him having success in a few places, Denver (clearly still need a qb, Flacco meh). he has carried himself like a pro from day one and has never once not owned up to his errors, and takes the blame for everyone else as well.

They really needed a true qb friendly coach from day one to groom him a bit. At Oregon while he showed accuracy and athleticism, he rarely had to work from under center, or not hit the initial read on a pass play. hopefully he has enough time left to turn it around elsewhere.

Old 10-17-2019, 03:58 PM   #995
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

haha. I get it, and this type of thing happens a lot. I did like what Draymond Green said (stay with me, even though he is hoops) that organizations do not take enough or any of the blame when a high draft pick fails. he is right, it is always this guy is a bust, etc. you bring a teen or not much older into a horrible situation without a plan or guidance and this is what happens.

sure some guys are just wastes for varying reason not associated with the team, but all too many are. instead of fixing that stuff, like the Skins...they just punt on a coach, player etc. then rinse and repeat the same thing again. Allen calling the culture 'damn good' , just about put me off the team until there is wholesale changes. Snyder will not sell because it is a cash cow. Allen for whatever reason is untouchable, but he has done a shit job at every single stop. guess I still do care more than I initially thought.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #996
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

do you think these young qbs going straight in to starting qb from day one plays a part in how their career goes? as opposed to rodgers and brady who sat behind a starter for a while

Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #997
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

that really comes down to the expectation you have for them when you draft. that said it is all about organization and how they insulate the kids. so many things, spread system or pro system in college. years of experience starting. it all fits in somewhere.

some guys are great from day one, some because of talent like Marino (20tds in 11 games) well before it was a wide open passing league. Some guys fall into great situations and are allowed to grow into it. Big Ben, Russell Wilson. They joined teams with strong defenses, running games.

you look at Aikman for example, he was thrust into a pretty bad team day one. The players added in the coming drafts are what lifted the team to being great. Aikman to his credit did not fade away even when they went 1-15. Most rookie qbs that would have had that initial start to a career would have been out of the league inside of 3 years.

Deshaun Watson joined a team that was really just a qb away and instantly translated into winning for them. Then others like Rivers, Rodgers and Brady...all sat behind established all pro/hall of fame qbs. They all got opportunities due to injury or phasing out of others. Did they benefit from sitting, I would say Brady the most. He was not drafted to be the guy.

Rodgers was a steal, no way he should have fallen in the draft. Rivers was also good to go from day one. It is all circumstances. however if you have a shit situation, it is likely no matter when a young qb starts he will be damaged goods. sorry to be long winded, I am exhausted and my thoughts are all over the place.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #998
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

no I enjoyed reading that. I guess it really is case by case. and also the type of character of the player - Rodgers has used that chip on his shoulder from falling in the draft/sitting behind favre to drive him to greatness. whereas some young guys may also use the confidence the franchise has in them to drive them.

crazy to think 49ers are the only remaining undefeated team. and bengals the only remaining winless team

Old 11-08-2019, 02:43 PM   #999
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the one thing that really hurt Rodgers was the 'Cal system qb'. a few teams had already taking flyers on prior guys and it did not translate well. most of those guys had big arms, but what should have jumped out for everyone is the accuracy of Rodgers. he could drop it in anywhere he wanted.

the niners are interesting. defense and running game are always hallmarks of a team built for a playoff run. need more of a sample size, and better competition to truly gauge how good they are.

as for the bengals, back to the young qb talk. Dalton had success early on, decent numbers but significant team success in the regular season. the team was not a complete trainwreck when he arrived, Green was drafted the same year earlier. So he had a legit #1 target right away. the defense was pretty good. he worked under center in college and it translated. no playoff success, but he has played pretty well this season with severe deficiencies on the line and missing Green all season.

they are going with Finley out of nc state the rest of the way. I liked him a lot in college, and was hoping the skins would have gone for him in the draft. Haskins has a ton more upside and arm talent, but needs a lot of work to reach what he can be. Finley is a guy you can plug in and expect him to be competent...much like Dalton.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #1000
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

that panthers saints game was crazy. mccaffrey is so good.

looks like nfc east winner will keep somebody out of playoffs with a better record

Old 11-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #1001
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

ravens just blew the rams off the field. their first 6 drives all ended in touchdowns

Old 11-26-2019, 04:05 PM   #1002
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

my dislike of the ravens aside, they have a nasty offensive line. Jackson deserves all the praise he is getting, but Ingram has been huge. they have a never ending list of TEs who can make plays. Brown is a burner.

Tucker has the leg of a god.

they might also have the best secondary and by association defense in the league, if you go by what you see and not just by the numbers.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #1003
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

yeah, they look so strong right now. ravens 9ers should be a good game

Old 11-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #1004
God
#board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallet inspector View Post
yeah, they look so strong right now. ravens 9ers should be a good game
hey dude i was the guy who asked you on twitter a couple of weeks ago if you used to post at boards n rec. that's all.

God is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2019, 04:15 AM   #1005
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

almost a nice farewell to eli

Old 12-15-2019, 09:18 PM   #1006
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

that was a crazy finish to falcons/49ers

Old 12-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #1007
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

cone on #2 pick

Old 12-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #1008
comeau
go to work wasted

I know I should be disappointed in the last game in Oakland being a loss, but it really is the most fitting end to the Oakland Raiders.

Ah well, onto Vegas

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #1009
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

congrats to brees on the td record but 29 from 30 is insane

Old 12-24-2019, 12:28 AM   #1010
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

packers defense was great. vikings only had 7 first downs. and jones is a star

Old 12-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #1011
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

played terribly but got the win. crazy if seattle beat sf we get #1

meanwhile pats lol. cant see them winning 4 playoff games

Old 01-04-2020, 10:28 PM   #1012
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

poor bills

Old 01-06-2020, 01:20 AM   #1013
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

vikings played really well, saints didnt.
shows how important the bye is that saints and pats both looked like they had it for a large part of the season, and now they are out

Old 01-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #1014
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

as down as I was on the skins in October...I am not all in again. I am a damn sucker for sure.

the allen firing, and cleaning house of some questionable guys was the best Christmas gift. The Rivera hiring would usually not move the needle much for me, I like the guy but was unsure if this was the way to go. Hearing what his former players have said made me buy in.

The Hiring of Del Rio is a huge deal. this dude turns defenses around in a hurry. the skins front seven had lots of young talent. the likely addition of Chase Young at one end, with Sweat on the other side. ALlen, Payne, Ioannidis to rotate the interior. perhaps Kerrigan comes back on a lower salary. Foster returns hopefully to strengthen the linebacker depth. just got to get Norman out of town, he is a liability on every play.

Offense 3 rookie receivers, with McLauren really being one of the steals of the draft. Guice and Love platooning with AP (maybe), would again be nice. Likely time to move on from Reed and address tightend in free agency (would love Hooper) or through the draft.

Dan Snyder stay the fuck away from the players. stay the fuck away from the coaches. thanks.

also pretty bummed for the Bills. easy guys to root for, but Watson has a habit of finding ways to get his team over the hump.

I feel for saints fans as well, although I do not think that Rudolph catch should have been reviewed. he pushed off for sure, but the db held him the entire time as well. that stuff happens all game. Cousins...good for that guy. glad he got a big win.

Old 01-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #1015
box elder
Forum Leader

i feel like i almost would have preferred the titans to just lose a close one to the pats than get a beat down by the ravens of all teams (which i feel is what's coming). oh well. maybe brady will leave this offseason and the titans will be the team that officially killed the dynasty. that would be pretty funny

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2020, 12:28 AM   #1016
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

well i did not see that coming. biggest bedshit since 17-1?

Old 01-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #1017
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

my heart was racing there at the end. adams is a superstar.

crazy afc game too. 51-7 reply from chiefs after being down 24-0

Old 01-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #1018
box elder
Forum Leader

I’m glad KC won, and not because I think the titans have a better chance against them, but because I won’t mind losing to them as much as to Houston. This is the first year I can remember probably ever where I won’t really mind if any remaining team ends up winning

Old 01-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #1019
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Houston is a coach away, they are going to waste Watson and a lesser extent Hopkins. not that it would have changed a lot, but you can not under any circumstance go for the fake punt in that situation.

I am cool with whoever wins the afc. it would be very cool to see Reid finally get back and have a chance to win. that said I love watching Henry run, and the titans defense fly around.

Sean, VRABEL outcoached Harbaugh. sure it was the players, but like the dude knows his team and does not veer of course. like the ravens forgot they relied on the run all season. Jackson tossing almost 50 passes is not who they were. Ingram did not look bad, the second guy is a beast too. they just stopped. anyhow screw them, always fun to see the Baltimore fans disappointed.

NFC I am pulling for the Packers. I have nothing against the Niners, just the coach. I blame his dad for allowing Griffin to return and play on a bad leg only to derail his career. he saw it too and did not say anything. I expect the Niners to win but will then root even harder against them in the super bowl. hopefully Rodgers has one of those games that reminds you how awesome he is.

Old 01-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #1020
box elder
Forum Leader

oh, i loathe mike shannahan no doubt. not gonna put that on his kid just yet, though, unless he gives me reason to

User Tag List