Boards & Rec
Old 01-31-2018, 09:43 PM   #931
comeau
go to work wasted

I just don't want Denver to get Cousins because I hate them and want them to suffer through more mediocre QB play for a while longer.

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #932
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #933
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

^ ditto.

I am happy to be wrong about expecting the pats to win. the scoring was great, but man both teams played soft off the receivers almost the entire game. the cushion given to the receivers was bonkers. eh well. soon as the strip fumble happened, you know brady knew it was over. best part of the game by far.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #934
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

That foles td was so gutsy and well executed. What happens with foles now?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #935
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

that is the big question. I know many think trade him since his value is high. he is signed for one more season. I would keep him. I think Wentz is awesome. he would have been the mvp barring his injury. even if his rehab goes perfectly and he is ready for week 1, it is great to have a guy behind him that you know; won a super bowl. worst case Wentz misses the first quarter or so of the season. then you have the guy who can keep you in play until Wentz is ready to play.

no real downside to keep Foles on the squad. the eagles have depth on both sides of the ball. Pederson knew how to push all the right buttons. So hold onto Foles now, maybe deal him during the season once Wentz shows he is healthy, and make sure to have another guy groomed to at least manage the offense if injury strikes again.

whew.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #936
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I can't argue against that...but i will to an extent. I would trade during the season once wentz returns and shows he is capable of this year's level of play.

You can still get a 2nd or 3rd for him then. Even now best you will get is a 2nd. No one is giving up a 1st for him. It's not so much about him regressing @sean. The offense was changed when he became the starter. A lot of what worked for him when he had earlier success in Philly. Wentz ran a much more intricate passing attack and made a ton of changes at the line.

I'm in favor of trading foles..Just not now. Eagles have depth all over. Just address the few free agents they have.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #937
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

jordy nelson

Old 03-16-2018, 02:02 AM   #938
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

cousins getting paid

Old 04-27-2018, 01:12 AM   #939
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

Old 05-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #940
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I would say the same thing, but I do not participate even when signed up. I am an easy win each week...I am the Cleveland Browns of the b&r league.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #941
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

Are we going to do fantasy again?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #942
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Ditto for me. Just too much going on next few months.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #943
Jared
6ft. 180

There's only 6 teams left, might as well stick a fork in it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

R is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it murder, not muckduck.

Jared is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #944
xander
<"))))><

Football fans:

I'm playing in a game of NFL PEEHS. What this means is that you want the most obscure correct answer to every question.

Here are the questions:

#1 (Week 1) - Name a team that won its season-opener in 2017, that will lose theirs in 2018
#2 (Week 2) - Name a team that will be undefeated at the end of Week 2
#3 (Week 3) - Name a team that will have lost its home opener by the end of Week 3
#4 (Week 4) - Name an RB that will have had a 100-yard rushing game by the end of Week 4
#5 (Week 5) - Name a QB that will have had multiple 300-yard passing games by the end of Week 5
#6 (Week 6) - Name a team that will have scored a DEF TD and/or a ST TD by the end of Week 6
#7 (Week 7) - Name a K that will have made a FG of 50 yards or longer by the end of Week 7
#8 (Week 8) - Name a QB that will be in the Top 10 for QB Rating at the end of Week 8 (qualified leaders only) (QBR has no bearing on this question)
#9 (Week 9) - Name a defensive player that will be in the Top 20 for combined tackles at the end of Week 9
#10 (Week 10) - Name a team that will be in the Top 10 for Points For at the end of Week 10
#11 (Week 11) - Name a player that will score at least 1 point@joe millerin a winning effort@joe millerin either London or Mexico City by the end of Week 11 (passing TD's are excluded for this question)
#12 (Week 12) - Name a player that will score a TD on Thanksgiving Thursday, in any of the 3 games (passing TD's are excluded for this question)
#13 (Week 13) - Name a team that will be leading or co-leading its division at the end of Week 13
#14 (Week 14) - Name a team that will have held an opponent to single-digits in points (or have shut them out) by the end of Week 14
#15 (Week 15) - Name a WR/RB/TE that will be in the Top 20 for receiving performances (in terms of number of receptions in a game) at the end of Week 15
#16 (Week 16) - Name a team that will have clinched a playoff spot by the end of Week 16
#17 (Season's End) - Name a QB that will finish the 2018 season with at least 25 TD passes
#18 (Season's End) - Name an RB that will finish the 2018 season with at least 1,000 yards rushing
#19 (Season's End) - Name a WR/TE that will finish the 2018 season with at least 1,000 yards receiving
#20 (Season's End) - Name a team that missed the playoffs in 2017, that will make them in 2018
#21 (Season's End) - Name a team that made the playoffs in 2017, that will miss them in 2018
#22 (Season's End) - Name a team that will defeat the Philadelphia Eagles during the 2018 regular season
#23 (Season's End) - Name a player (kicker or otherwise) that will score at least 100 points during the 2018 season (passing TD's count as '0', and fantasy scoring/DFS has no bearing on this question)
#24 (Season's End) - Name a team that will record at least 3 wins versus the other conference during the 2018 regular season
#25 (Season's End) - Name a team that will finish the 2018 regular season with a negative point differential (differentials of '0' will be scored as incorrect)

Here's what I answered:

Atlanta Falcons
Washington Redskins
Oakland Raiders
Dalvin Cook
Jimmy Garoppolo
Philadelphia Eagles
Greg Zuerlein
Jimmy Garoppolo
Christian Kirksey
New Orleans Saints
Jake Elliott
Michael Thomas
Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Michael Thomas
Philadelphia Eagles
Jimmy Garoppolo
Dalvin Cook
Michael Thomas
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Los Angeles Rams
Greg Zuerlein
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Is there anything I've made an obvious mistake with? I don't mean if I answered something that's not likely but possible I mean if I answered something that's practically impossible.

Did I answer a guy who's not playing in the correct position or who is injured? Did I pick a team who doesn't play on the stated day or something else obvious like that?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #945
xander
<"))))><

that second thing you said

Old 09-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #946
xander
<"))))><

it's just how I happened to have the Qs and As formatted and I posted this on the spur of the moment. I just logged on and saw a football thread and thought about this which was currently going on in my life.

I've never watched a single second of the NFL but I just like playing games. I not sure I really care enough to splice the questions and answers together though.

I did a rand.org and I apparently support the Kansas City Chiefs

Does broom support them perhaps?

Old 09-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #947
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

I hate nfl

Old 09-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #948
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

sometimes its ok i guess

Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #949
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skinshokiesohyeah

Old 09-18-2018, 01:17 AM   #950
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

Hey sry guys, didn't see the messages about fantasy until after the draft happened, after this season ill just close out the league

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 05:30 AM   #951
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

congrats browns

Old 09-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #952
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
sorry dantae. turns out the cardinals are just complete trash
haha. that is accurate. the skins d actually looks great on all levels. the offense really looked like shit against the colts. smith was efficient, but no one did anything once they got the ball. a.p. looked his age.

I expect 8-8 at best. no biggie I guess. low expectations means no heartbreak.

how are you feeling about the titans. it seems like they are going to phase out Mariota. at least that is the vibe they are giving.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #953
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

too much call in sports radio I suppose. a coupe of the hosts even inferred they had inside info. also, when they made the move and discussed both guys playing in same game, less issue was made of the injury at the time (or maybe it is just how I perceived it).

I think the problem is what you said. he showed during his second season that he is far more than a scheme system qb. I do not know if he can drop back and throw 40 times a game and have success, but the offense is pretty bland and predictable. it actually mirrors the jaguars offense.

in regards to the skins. I am loving the dline youngsters. allen and payne barring injuries should be anchors for a decade.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #954
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I think that will also be remembered as the Davis' becomes a star game. last year it was all nagging injuries. he should be the go to guy for mariota. he should easily crack 1200 yards and get close to double digit tds each season with his talent.

The only game that really struck me was the bears/bucs. I figured the bears would win, but for trubisky to have that type of performance, wow. khalil mack should be everyone's mvp and dpoy at this point in the season.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #955
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

didnt get the win but i thought packers played great. rams are very good

Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #956
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the packers defense looked better than it has in a number of seasons. the rams just have so many weapons.

going into November the Skins are in first in the east. I thought they would be a better team but take a step back on offense. the passing game is cringe worthy most of the time, but the line and the running game. AP turning back the clock.

the defense especially the front 7 are playing so well. Allen and Payne are going to be all pro level players for several seasons. Payne has instantly boosted the run defense. the secondary still has issues, but Swearinger seems to be everywhere on the field.

can they keep it up, I am not sure. that said 9 or 10 wins may be all it takes to win the division.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #957
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

yeah the defense was great. score doesnt really reflect how good they were. first 8 points was on the offense. theres always 1 of the 3 sides that lets us down. i guess thats the beauty/frustration of football. its funny how things like kickoff returns and extra points often are just taken for granted and we don't think about them until they cost a game.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #958
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

in the afc i am hoping the chiefs can keep it up and put up some resistance to the pats

Old 11-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #959
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skins are hosed. lost 2 offensive lineman for the season. passing game was already ugly, now it is going to be a nightmare. defense will be on the field too much and eventually give up big plays in the secondary. 8-8..maybe 9-7 at best.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #960
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

huge game today. i dont think packers can win the division if they lose. jones was fantastic vs dolphins. rodgers/adams/jones are a great trio

User Tag List