Boards & Rec
Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #451
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Yeah, I used the word slur. So? Where do I complain about not being able to use slurs myself?
"But if YOU dare to say anything about my group or have any sort of opinion about anything related to my group, there will be hell to pay!" NOT slurs and not talking about myself specifically.

Here's your example:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#45fc0338247c
This is just the first example that came to mind. I'm not a misogynist or whatever, so don't go assuming that.

Another great assumption, but that doesn't make it true. I just didn't understand that you required me to provide an example. Can't I just be stupid and completely missed that, instead of being called "talking out of your ass and regurgitating anti-feminist gamer youtubers"?

I'm trying to stay at least a bit friendly in my replies, but if you feel the need to shout me down like that, that's kinda childish. You do realize we were just having a disagreement and can stay nice to each other?

Calm down.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Guns don't kill people. Physics kill people!

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #452
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

guys, guys I met Beto friday night. we discussed gun control, ghostbusters and a little GOT. everything is going to be ok.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #453
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Clicked on a random back page and saw a post from Cole

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #454
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

The "40-year-old white dudes" were outraged that Brie Larson said in one of her speeches that she doesn't want to know the opinion of some 40-year-old white dudes about this movie she saw. I haven't seen A Wrinkle In Time, but I think it has a cast of black women. So that's why she apparently believes "40-year-old white dudes" opinions don't matter and should not write about this movie.
The writer used the word "silly" to describe this controversy. That's exactly what it is: silly. That's how I perceive it at least.
It's silly from both sides. Brie Larson has made some silly remarks and the "white dudes" got upset over it and did some silly stuff, like trying to boycott her Marvel movie.

It's outrage over something very silly.

Something different.
I do admire Stephen Fry for his ability to articulate. This short bit of him on political correctness is very interesting, in my opinion:

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #455
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

What Brie Larson said in her "speech" seems to have gone through some warping that resulted in lot of angry bitches. She essentially said "but can we have more chairs at the Press table for POC and women?" rather than "can we take away all the chairs of all these whites from the entire world?" which is the cry of women and "coloreds" since the dawn of ... us having a voice.

Quote:
In the same style of harassment internet campaigns that have targeted women and minorities in video games, comics, and geek-branded film franchises like Ghostbusters and Star Wars, reactionary trolls have burped up a deluge of content targeting Larson and Captain Marvel in recent weeks. Most of it claims to be outraged over the notion that Larson hates white men, which is what someone might take from the following out-of-context quote by Larson if it were relayed through a 30-person game of telephone in which everyone has cotton balls stuffed in their mouths and is also mostly deaf:

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male,” Larson told Marie Claire interviewer Keah Brown, a disabled journalist the actress handpicked for the gig. “So, I spoke to Dr. Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive. After speaking with you, the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of color, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others. When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  box elder

Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #456
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

diversity good. fire bad.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #457
derek
貴重な体液

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
yeah i'm definitely not gonna dig through this whole thread, but just that first page is a doozy. derek being shocked, simply *shocked* that he would dare get pushback for casually calling people r****ds
yeah i was wrong on that one in hindsight lol

derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #458
derek
貴重な体液

so glad i have mod powers so i can see scott's damage control deletions
pretty sure he was my age now when he made those posts! he was a grown ass man
me stu and others were young and ignorant shut-ins who had no idea what we were talking about or how anything in the world worked

for whats its worth i'm pretty sure most of the people in this thread have completely changed their ideas on these things (even scott)

also the jordan peterson shilling on the last page ahahaha, little did we know we were just encouraging that shit

Old 11-23-2019, 08:03 PM   #459
derek
貴重な体液

re: academia, i will say tho i did laugh when my professor said someone made a complaint about her cause she showed a clip from 9/11 and the student had never seen footage of it before

i mean, it was probably more offensive when we all saw it back in 2001 and the deaths of all those people were fresh wounds but i dunno

Old 11-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #460
brody
I'm the real Lance

hey derek

brody is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List