Boards & Rec
Old 03-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
Alduin
Dragon God

Default Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51741001

The virus is spreading the UK now with 85 cases so far. Been over 2,000 cases in Italy as well, since the outbreak began from Wuhan.

Alduin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 AM   #2
Alduin
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
The virus is spreading the UK now with 85 cases so far. Been over 2,000 cases in Italy as well, since the outbreak began from Wuhan.
This feels like a lifetime ago now

Alduin is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  Wezzo

Old 03-24-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
God
#board

we are going into a 4 week lockdown here in new zealand from midnight tomorrow (11:59pm Weds our time).
only essential services/businesses (supermarkets, chemists etc) allowed to operate.
most businesses have slipped into that already, with my gym closing Monday night, no cafe/coffee shops around me open today.

scary times.

my work (journalism/broadcasting) is classed as an essential service but given my exact discipline is outside the news realm (sport), I'll probably take some annual leave during these coming weeks and hope there's sport on the other side.

God is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 12:52 AM   #4
morbot
Do Not Touch

The lack of coordinated federal response or guidelines are criminal... Trump literally will be the cause of 1000's of people's unnecessary deaths... and their family members will still vote for him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit!

morbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
derek
貴重な体液

any UKers patiently awaiting their Boris Bucks?

derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

We're under a stay home/work from home order as of Monday except for essential workers. The list of essential workers is so long it might as well be business as usual.

We're considered essential because we provide service and support for others, and they've done a little shuffling of dept to keep people separated as much as possible in a small office setting, but like...I still gotta catch the bus home if I don't have a ride so yea social distancing...

Oh yeah and Amy has no school through April 30th which is not long before the end of the school year anyway so...yeah. Pretty worried about that. I already received a bunch of log in information for her apps / websites to use at home but they don't work too great on my iPad.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #7
box elder
Forum Leader

i work for a drug manufacturer so of course we're considered essential. thankfully i can do my job from home, but with the kids here and my wife also working from home it's tough to actually get anything done. we basically trade the kids back and forth every few hours and try to squeeze in as much work as we can. hate to complain when others are being forced to actually go in to work though

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
derek
貴重な体液

stuck in my bedroom with my gf down in england is making me feel like a teenager again

what i'm saying is, i'm ready to post

derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #9
brody
I'm the real Lance

yo

brody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #10
lionelhutz123
Hardcore Boarder

I work for a distribution company that ships grocery foods, retail products, etc. to the US' North Eastern region. Still going in, doing stock and picking orders. We get temperature scanned by health professionals every time we enter the facility. Many people are taking vacation or calling out sick though.

My one friend is a chemist and contracted a fever (still waiting on a test) but his pharmaceutical company shut down as a precaution because of him regardless.

Thankfully, my family and I are feeling fine but I definitely have been trying to be as careful and clean as possible. Keeping my distance from friends and just watching TV and playing a game here and there.

lionelhutz123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #11
comeau
go to work wasted

still going to work, but I actually welcome it to be honest, it's the one thing from my normal routine I can still experience. I work in an office building in a corner that isn't much occupied, there are like 3 other people within 50 feet of me in any direction and they are all on the other side of cubicle walls, so I'm good. The cleaning crew comes by twice a day to wipe down and sanitize every thing as well.

Other than that I rarely leave the apartment now, have gone for take out or the drive through a few times and am trying to stretch it as long as possible without going to the closest Walmart(as an aside someone at a local Target tested positive, as did someone from local Kroger affiliate chain Fred Meyer, exciting). We were supposed to be in shelter in place for three weeks but it looks like it'll be until April 30th at the least, gonna be a hell of a month.

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 03:02 PM   #12
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

hey everyone. still working on site at the hospital 3 days a week, the other 2 remote. today is an at home one.

pretty much everyone even if non clinical like me is cross trained on certain duties. my duties put me in patient care areas often enough. thankfully we have kept our facility beds around 50% (in anticipation), slightly going over here and there. discharging out once we clear people. just hope our area continues doing the right thing as far as distancing.

take care everyone. all the guys who work in shipping, delivery or in retail where essentials are provided...thank you.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List