Boards & Rec
Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #91
cole
start the clock
 
cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: alabama
Posts: 20,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
i already did defend it. what's your point? i don't give a fuck. that's why.
oh. remind me never to engage you in any conversation ever again.

and i seriously doubt those boarders used that slur in the last month.

cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #92
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you care a lot huh

the funny thing is you've used it (not as an insult) two or three times in regards to me in the last week or so without me actually having said it.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #94
cole
start the clock
 
cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: alabama
Posts: 20,412
Default

never mind, you win. fuck those gays

cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #95
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yeh i win the fight i didn't even start

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #96
cole
start the clock
 
cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: alabama
Posts: 20,412
Default

well kudos. keep using that slur. others do, so it's cool.

cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #97
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

jesus christ i hope you're drunk shut up

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #98
cole
start the clock
 
cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: alabama
Posts: 20,412
Default

no, i'm saying you win .. use that slur all you want. you've convinced me. it's cool.

cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #99
Magnum
Forum Leader
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 16,308
Default

i hope being bisexual situates me pretty low on the homophobe scale.

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #100
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i think cole prefers the term half-fag

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #101
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

interesting side note: one of the top searched for tags on BnR right now is "fags being faggy," and i certainly don't have anything to do with that...nor have i ever created a thread tag.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #102
cole
start the clock
 
cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: alabama
Posts: 20,412
Default

so, you're not alone? good logic

cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #103
Squelvin
cardboard horror
 
Squelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: avoiding nirvana completely
Posts: 4,983
Default

wow cole, you started off in that argument being faggy, but by the end you came out full-on gay

Squelvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #104
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

this is the faggiest thing to ever happen in board history.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #105
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

and HYDRO wasn't even involved.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #106
Squelvin
cardboard horror
 
Squelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: avoiding nirvana completely
Posts: 4,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
i hope being bisexual situates me pretty low on the homophobe scale.
sup

Squelvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #107
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

whoa...

...if we combine you two dudes, we'd get...


eh fuck it nevermind.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #108
Magnum
Forum Leader
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 16,308
Default

melmagvinum

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 AM   #109
Squelvin
cardboard horror
 
Squelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: avoiding nirvana completely
Posts: 4,983
Default

tetrasexual?

where u going with this scott



Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
melmagvinum
is it just me or does this also make you see quirky mailing address labels and cute double-headed shirts with this on the breast pocket?

Squelvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #110
Magnum
Forum Leader
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 16,308
Default

can't say i made any connection to whatever kind of mailing addresses you're talking about

Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #111
Squelvin
cardboard horror
 
Squelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: avoiding nirvana completely
Posts: 4,983
Default

well can't you envision it now

us living together, wearing the same double-headed novelty shirt and putting a custom melmagvinum return address sticker on envelopes we're sending and then licking the adhesive from the sides up until our tongues meet


we'd probably have sex too

Squelvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #112
arii
oh, heyyy,
 
arii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,658
Default

yeah I actually want to incorporate "precious bitch" into my vocabulary now

idk the last time I used the word "faggot" (uhh outside of just now I guess) I just got a bunch of "really, was it necessary to say that" comments and that shamed me from it for a while... then a little later it eventually dawns on me how that word can be potentially really hurtful and how there's just no point to it.

it's not like it's SJWy to ask people not to use that word. it is when people get uppity about the word "bitch" but they're just being bitches about it anyway.

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #113
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fuck I should have trademarked precious bitch when I had the chance. I must have called brent that like a decade ago.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #114
Spartan
enfranchised and entrenched
 
Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 18,545
Default

Not that it's a tremendously great mitigating factor, but I have apologized for using that word in a heated response to one of the worst trolls on this board.

I regret using it and, with the rare exception of calling a girl one, almost never say it.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #115
jake
...with club sauce.
 
jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PDX
Posts: 13,345
Default

cole is such a chink.

i don't mind when people here use it because i know that no one here is homophobic or would ever use it as a genuine insult. outside the board? there's no word that offends me more because i'm stuck being around people who think there's nothing wrong with calling someone a faggot in the meanest way possible. again, context and who is saying it makes a bigger impact than the word itself.

jake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #116
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?
 
kimpantaloons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: anaCRIME, ca
Posts: 6,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
i don't mind when people here use it because i know that no one here is homophobic or would ever use it as a genuine insult. outside the board? there's no word that offends me more because i'm stuck being around people who think there's nothing wrong with calling someone a faggot in the meanest way possible. again, context and who is saying it makes a bigger impact than the word itself.
this is true. seeing the word on the board doesn't incite a cringe-worthy feeling for me because i know the context.

the n-word (i can't even get myself to type it) is the word that makes me cringe in general. and there is a major difference between the suffixes -a and -er

_________________________________________________________________________________________


kimpantaloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #117
PreciousBodilyFluids
Garbo is coming
 
PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,517
Default

don't see how this context is tolerable. it's still a word riddled with hurtful connotation, appropriated here just because it sounds cool i guess. plenty of jackasses on the street do the same thing

PreciousBodilyFluids is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #118
scott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yeah but you're probably the dude on the board whose secondary meaning it best describes.

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #119
ray_winstone
stone island jacket
 
ray_winstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,871
Default



you may not give a fuck about the word faggot but the word faggot gives a fuck about you

_________________________________________________________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
well "cunt" ALWAYS means "vagina"
ray_winstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #120
DTJeremy
"Worst Username" winner 2001-2012
 
DTJeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 10,585
Default

I don't really find "faggot" offensive when used as an ironic joke or whatever, but using it constantly just reminds me of being in the 7th grade and hearing kids call everything "gay" and it just kind of makes the person using it sound like an immature moron, regardless of the context or who's using it. It's unfortunate when otherwise intelligent people choose to speak/write like morons.

_________________________________________________________________________________________


DTJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Designed By vBInspired.com