Boards & Rec
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #1
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Default Roseanne

I feel like talking about Roseanne. General opinion on show, favorite episodes, least favorite, characters, whatever. Anything about the show.

This also gives me an excuse to post new info from today on the season 1 dvd.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3377

Quote:
Roseanne - 1st Season's Ship Date, Cost, & Cover Art!
Posted by David Lambert
5/06/2005

Fans of Roseanne have wanted DVDs of the show for a looooooong time, and even the show's star started wondering about it early last year. So everybody was very happy when Carsey Werner announced that they had signed up Anchor Bay Entertainment to bring out season sets in the second half of 2005. Now we have the exact date for you!

August 30, 2005 is the one you can circle on your calendar. We're also informed that the cost will be $39.98 for a 4-DVD set. No other information is available just yet, but we have your very first look at the cover art for this highly anticipated release (one of the most requested items at TVShowsOnDVD!):

Please remember that nothing is finalized yet, and everything is subject to change. Stay tuned, and we'll fill you in on updates just as soon as they come across!

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3377
All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=3609
More info on this show:
Roseanne

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
nate
Hardcore Boarder

roseanne was fuckin great. combined with fresh prince on tvland makes for the best early 90s watching ever

_________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i26.tinypic.com/34q4wvd.gif

nate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
bauer

Yeah, awesome show. I loved when Nick at Night decided to put it on. The first few seasons are when the show is at its best, but I love all the seasons but the last. They should have NEVER took the show that direction.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
Crotis Jivefunk

I didn't like it much as a kid, but Nick at Nite's changed that. I watch it when I can't sleep and this show really hits home. It captures the feel of midwestern life. I'm tempted to get that DVD now.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
Max Power
Hardcore Boarder

loved it as a kid. it loses a little bit of its mystique now, but still enjoyable.

When it comes to livin', dying is the easy part.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Sad
It captures the feel of midwestern life.
Trash?

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
Crotis Jivefunk

Yeah, pretty much.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
skittlebrau
board robot

I remember reading an article in the TV Guide years ago on the Conner household (really the set of the show) about every prop and piece of furniture and found it fascinating. Was cool to know what was in the pantry, the story behind the stuff on the fridge, the pictures on the mantle etc.

I this show, but haven't watched it in at least a year. The final season really pissed me off and made me hate the show for awhile. Conners strike it rich, Jackie comes out, Roseanne's mother comes out, Dan has a heart attack...terrible, just terrible. The copout finale just...ugh.

But this show ruled my life for almost the entire run. Great show.

skittlebrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 08:57 PM   #9
kuumuus
the scrivener

yeah, the last season was atrocious. didn't help that roseanne was no longer laughably obese.

used to watch this every day on tbs and whenever it was on nick at nite.

kuumuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #10
Dennis
Hardcore Boarder

ROSEANNE IS MY FAVORITE SHOW IN THE WORLD!!!! My avatar was the "R" from Roseanne for a really long time if anyone remembers. My favorite character is definately Jackie. So neurotic and hilarious! Favorite seasons: 3, 4, 6, and 7.

Jackie: Posession of Candy Cane is a PRIVILEGE! NOT A RIGHT!

Jackie: GET. OUT. OF. MY. WAY, DJ!!!!!!!!!!

"Maybe I could just never find the right guy and you could never find the... wrong donut."

Last two seasons were horrific. Especially the last one. But 3-7 are the best. Except 5, which annoyed me. 2 is terrible, too, just because there was no comedy.

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #11
Lady2Hotty
Just hook it to my veins!

I practically grew up with this show until the later seasons when it lost my attention. but recently thanks to the magic of Nick at Nite, I was able to relive moments from the series that I just vaguely remembered, or completely missed altogether. Like I knew that they won the lottery, but I never saw or knew about the final episode, until I read about it on tvtome, and then watched it on Nick at Nite. I'm still dissappointed in how they tried to fuck up the whole series in the end. IMHO, a huge bastardization. I couldn't believe it. But maybe they wanted to piss people off and be different. But I can do without that episode ever again. Much happier pretending it doesn't exist. The rest of the series is pure gold though. Love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...2Hotty/l2h.jpg

Lady2Hotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #12
The General
We have to go back

I liked Rosanne, but not enough to buy the DVD. I still catch reruns on satellite sometimes...

All of The General's signatures are hosted by ImageShack

The General is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 12:03 AM   #13
derelictpi
I'm Just A Guy.

I agree that it was a great show until the end.

When did Jackie come out? I don't remember that at all.

derelictpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #14
kupomog

The last episode, at the end where Roseanne is narrating about the "real" lives of everyone, she admits the reason Jackie had so many man problems was because she was actually gay, and not straight like Roseanne had been "portraying" her.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #15
IdRathaHavaBeer
Monkey HOUSE

yea...i loved that show. i watched it all the time growing up and i love the reruns on nick at nite

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs... Walter

IdRathaHavaBeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #16
Grippa
El Duderinho

It was a great show. John Goodman is just a legend.

Grippa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #17
kuje
fixin' to be a lot better

Quote:
Originally Posted by General GK
I liked Rosanne, but not enough to buy the DVD. I still catch reruns on satellite sometimes...
Ditto. I love watching it on Paramount when I'm bored.

"A horse is an animate object whose preservation by feeding and watering is necessary to prevent its death."

kuje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #18
Colburn
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by General GK
Ditto (oh, and ditto to Luke's response) (replace "Paramount" with "Nick-at-Nite" though.)

Colburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #19
derelictpi
I'm Just A Guy.

Thanks Kupomog. I remember that now.

derelictpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #20
BILLY
BOARD MESSIAH COMPLEX

I never liked it all that much. I guess I was just too young to like it, but it never got my interest.

I'll watch an episode if nothing else is on, but ever since I got a DVR, that situation doesn't present itself too often.

trill

BILLY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #21
joe
board militant™

Besides the last season, I really like this show... One of the more "realistic" working class sitcoms out there.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-05-26/20qx9bo.jpg
Heckling a Puppet show.

joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #22
caramelbart
No Pretense

I love this show

caramelbart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2005, 12:25 AM   #23
Spooked out wigga
Wigga Ice ice baby!

First years dont care to much for like... first 3 years. then started to get interested around season4+. Then when they change characters for blond girl big mistake. Ending point for me and the show.

Spooked out wigga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 AM   #24
skittlebrau
board robot

Her name was Becky and the "original" one returned for the final two seasons. Good thing too, because I never did like the replacement Becky...

Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 AM   #25
Necromancer
what's an applebees

contrary to popular opinion, the last episode did not suck.

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #26
skittlebrau
board robot

It was kinda like a Newhart ending (which I thought was clever), but it's depressing, bad and a total copout to the previous season all rolled into one. I'd rather do without it.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #27
RembrandtQEinstein
Boarder

granted, the last season was basically unwatchable. HOWEVER, if anyone stuck it out until the last episode, we find out that the whole "getting rich" plot was just a fantasy world that roseanne had created for herself after dan died of a heart attack... which i found sort of interesting (from a psychological standpoint, only). unfortunately, it was also a HUGE cop-out on roseanne's part, seeing as how she had to somehow account for the unfathomable slide in quality that the show experienced after she fired all of her writers and insisted on writing the show herself (she had pretty much lost her mind, by this point). not to mention that it entirely undermined the original point of the show. sigh...

RembrandtQEinstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #28
kupomog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlebräu
Good thing too, because I never did like the replacement Becky...
Unacceptable to diss Sarah Chalke, bräu

Old 05-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #29
pocketfox
THAT'S MY PURSE!

Hmm, I only watch Roseanne occassionally, but when I do, I really enjoy it. maybe I'll pick this up. And I'll definitely agree on Sarah Chalke. As with Roseanne, anyone on Scrubs is awesome.

pocketfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #30
Dennis
Hardcore Boarder

I didn't like the 2nd Becky because she's just so different than the 1st Becky, which irritates me. I mean I don't really care which one was Becky. Not a big part of the show for me. I still loved seasons 6 and 7 and Sarah Chalke was in those. The 1st Becky was really annoying to me, but she was more realistic.

Darlene really got on my fucking nerves sometime during the 5th season. She became such a bitch. She just thought she was better than everyone and it just irritated me. And during her time at that college she was just awful... Really got on my nerves.

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List