Boards & Rec
Old 01-14-2020, 01:49 PM   #1021
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I am being petty for sure, but they both knew what was up. everyone who saw the game knew. why no one spoke up for him still disgusts me.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2020, 03:28 AM   #1022
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAntae View Post

NFC I am pulling for the Packers. I have nothing against the Niners, just the coach. I blame his dad for allowing Griffin to return and play on a bad leg only to derail his career. he saw it too and did not say anything. I expect the Niners to win but will then root even harder against them in the super bowl. hopefully Rodgers has one of those games that reminds you how awesome he is.
he clearly isnt what he was but he is almost doing the brady type role this season - has a good team around him and just limiting mistakes...with the occasional awesome play thrown into the mix. i think not being able to do what he used to be able to do with his legs has taken 1 weapon away from him, also this receiving corp isnt what nelson, cobb etc were. this has been a great job by lafleur to turn this team around

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2020, 03:43 PM   #1023
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I do not think he is less than what he was, I would still take him over pretty much everyone. the line is not built to pass protect, limited weapons to throw to. they have geared toward a balanced offense which will take a lot of the week beating off of him.

the niners front just destroys opposing lines. so I suspect the running game for the packers will be middle of the road at best. Rodgers just need to have one of those games that you know he is still capable of, if others guys do what is needed of them.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #1024
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

Old 01-20-2020, 11:15 PM   #1025
Oatpay
razor burnz

now that the packers have been knocked out, i don’t care who wins. i just want both teams to have fun!

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #1026
box elder
Forum Leader

it's tough because i like the cheifs players and would even like to see andy reid get that "he chokes in the big games" monkey off his back, but....that fucking racist chant the fans do. gotta pull for the niners here

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2020, 05:04 PM   #1027
comeau
go to work wasted

as a Raiders fan I’m legally required to hate both teams, but I’d rather see the Chiefs win. Can’t stand the Niners at all, they and their fans are the Cowboys with a different color scheme. Doesn’t help that Pats fans are hopping on the bandwagon because of Jimmy G.

comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #1028
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

pulling for the chiefs all the way. Reid has always seemed like the definition of a 'class act' as a coach.

as to who wins, I really can see it going both ways. niners lines are just so dominant, hard to see them not winning. no idea how the spread is in favor of the chiefs. they are unable to slow anyone in the run game. the only issue that slowed Henry was the team falling behind and not being able to continue to that plan. hope I am wrong and Reid gets his title.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #1029
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeau View Post
Doesn’t help that Pats fans are hopping on the bandwagon because of Jimmy G.
what? that's silly. "we drafted that guy" seems like a stretch

Old 01-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #1030
Oatpay
razor burnz

it’s just so fun watching mahomes play, and i’d also like to see reid finally get that elusive super bowl win. rooting for the chiefs, but the niners would be fine too. i’m just so fucking glad the patriots and the packers aren’t in this. i know the niners were here a few years ago but it’s barely the same team. i like that this is basically a title game with two new teams, and for my selfish needs, two teams i have nothing against. should be fun. and it certainly can’t be any worse than last year’s snoozefest

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #1031
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah I have not heard any pats fans touting Jimmy G. if anything they did not think enough of him to keep him around as an organization. right?

anyhow, come on Chiefs...do this. I really want to see Reid get a gatorade bath.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:28 PM   #1032
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

I like that they were both good for a big chunk of the season. I'm over the 'underdog' team gets hot for playoffs thing. and I know its not the pats fault but i just can't stand how bad afc east always is, 9ers definitely earnt it with how good nfc west was, and as for chiefs afc west was ok

Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #1033
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallet inspector View Post
. I'm over the 'underdog' team gets hot for playoffs thing.
the super bowl hasn't featured a team that wasn't a 1 or 2 seed in 7 years. what the fuck are you talking about?

Old 01-31-2020, 11:42 PM   #1034
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

yeah that's why I tried to clarify what I meant - in my opinion even though pats are always a high seed I think that is due to quite a few easy wins vs dolphins, jets and bills. I probably didnt explain it well. thats just a feel that I get

Old 02-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #1035
box elder
Forum Leader

so when you said "underdog" you were talking about the patriots?? lmao

Old 02-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #1036
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I think he meant the Titans were not the underdogs everyone played them up to be, since the Pats normally play in such a bad conference. I may be misunderstanding though. I agree especially this season if that was the message

Old 02-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #1037
box elder
Forum Leader

that makes even less sense, though. because then he's just mad that a 6 seed made the championship game? that's lame as shit. and if he's saying the titans beating the pats wasn't an upset, i disagree but even if that's true, them beating the ravens was certainly a massive upset. like, if his point is that he only likes the front runners winning in the playoffs, it's not only an insanely bad take, but also goes back to my original point that it's factually incorrect to act like it happens frequently enough to be "over" it. which brings me back to thinking he must have considered the pats underdogs the last few years. which is an even worse take

Old 02-03-2020, 11:37 AM   #1038
box elder
Forum Leader

but whatever, definitely not worth keeping this discussion up

but anyway, kind of a shitty super bowl in my opinion. when the biggest plays of the game are penalties, it kind of takes the fun out of the game imo. regardless of whether you think they were the "right" call or not

Last edited by box elder; 02-03-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:47 PM   #1039
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

great first two starting seasons for mahomes

Old 02-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #1040
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the kittle push off was technically correct, but still a meh kinda call in that game.

aside from that, the refs really let them play. it was a pretty efficient game as far as time goes. most sporting events have been a little less emotional since the prior sunday tragedy. at least for me.

I dug Reid getting the win. he seemed so unfazed by it which was the coolest part for me.

anyhow I am ready to usher in the Chase Young led defense. do not screw this pick up skins, it has never been more clear.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #1041
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

will be interesting offseason to see what happens with rivers, brady and brees

Old 02-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #1042
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Rivers is clearly going to be elsewhere. I just can't see Brady or Brees playing anywhere else. they are both in systems built around them.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #1043
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

well if brees stays then somebody might want bridgewater because he played very well when brees was out.

User Tag List