Boards & Rec
Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #781
scott
He's a Dick!

the governor is an awful character, and even the promos for this last episode that were about "HE'S BACK..." were fucking stupid.

his wiping-out-the-entire-city-of-mayberry thing while they all stood there and watched (some of them armed!) was maybe the worst point in all of last season.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #782
box elder
Forum Leader

ok so i hated these last two episodes, BUT it seems like maybe they were just setting up to course-correct the horrible ending last season so i'm cautiously optimistic

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #783
box elder
Forum Leader

but why the fuck would the governor kill martinez? because he didn't want to be the leader? so he immediately kills the current leader creating a void in leadership? instead of just saying "no thanks"? that makes absolutely no sense

Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #784
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

i kind of assumed it was just because he knew who he was and he didn't want the whole ruthless dictator thing coming out. but yeah, horrible boring episode as usual.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes View Post
basically all of my favorite bands have been mocked by somebody in my life, at least on a more general level. i'm honestly fine with it

Instagram
KING_HOMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #785
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

well at least it wasn't what everyone was predicting

kimpantaloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #786
box elder
Forum Leader

that would make sense, but didn't he say something like "don't ask me that!" as he killed him? referring to martinez asking him to be like a co-leader? maybe i missed something, but the impression i got at least was that he didn't want to be a leader again (and risk reverting to his old self) in which case, again, it makes zero sense to kill the current established leader

Old 11-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #787
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

yeah, trying to distance himself from his murderous past by... murdering someone

Old 11-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #788
box elder
Forum Leader

but again, setting up the real attack on the prison (with the tank, even) could at least potentially get the show back on the right path

Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #789
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

too bad nobody will give a shit if he cuts tyreese's head off 

Old 11-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #790
box elder
Forum Leader

people will care if he shoots the baby. and his own people turn on him after that. if they pull that off, i will have regained faith in this show 

by:  aoife

Old 11-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #791
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

That will be so sad and hard to watch, but I agree. 

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2013, 02:11 AM   #792
blueguy
Hardcore Boarder

When they walked into the bedroom, that's probably one of the dumbest things I've seen on the show.

4 guys walk into a room with a flashlight looking for walkers. They stand there looking around for a while before one jumps out of nowhere and grabs one of the guys. It seems no one is near him, so it takes a moment for someone to come and help, Guv kills it, they see heads and another walker materializes out of nowhere.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

blueguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #793
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

this show is seriously like an abusive relationship

7 episodes of cold indifference and just when i think i'm finally going to leave we have incredible sex and it tells me it loves me and the cycle starts all over

Old 12-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #794
aoife
Ichiban kunoichi, yo!

Hahah, I am glad you aren't giving up on it.

Boo for this mid season break shit, not just on this show, either.

aoife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #795
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos danger View Post
this show is seriously like an abusive relationship

7 episodes of cold indifference and just when i think i'm finally going to leave we have incredible sex and it tells me it loves me and the cycle starts all over
i'm cautiously optimistic that this is a sign of good things to come. they course-corrected the shitty governor ending of last season at least. please please be a sign of good things to come. please

Old 12-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #796
scott
He's a Dick!

the governor shows up out of nowhere in this new pack of people, members of the leadership immediately die, and everyone flocks to him and his murderous revenge scheme to retake this prison. no one questions the motives, and they take him at his word that everyone in the prison deserves to die even as rick pleads for a really, really obvious peaceful resolution that none of them has any real reason to doubt.

the whole fucking setup of this last episode was a bullshit stupid lie that makes no sense.

scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #797
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

oh yeah dont get me wrong there was still tons of retarded shit in that episode and i'm sure that missing the first 20 minutes of it added to my enjoyment

Old 12-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #798
blueguy
Hardcore Boarder

blueguy is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  Aaron

Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #799
KING_HOMER
rap game taylor swift

i actually completely forgot he had lost the leg

Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #800
Aaron
ouroboros my own lexicon

Location: blasting across the alkali flats in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...

Hahaha, me too. Didn't seem to impede him getting around at all, except for when the plot called for it.

Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #801
box elder
Forum Leader

it should have his head flying back to his body as well

Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #802
Dave Shutton
Thundercougerfalconbird

Default the walking dead

I assume Daryl or Michonne found him a prosthetic out on a run but did they ever even mention it on the show?

Dave Shutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2014, 02:19 AM   #803
box elder
Forum Leader

this show has been surprisingly great the last few episodes. i hope next season gets into it immediately and doesn't take 10 episodes to do anything good

by:  Aaron

Old 03-31-2014, 04:23 AM   #804
Aaron
ouroboros my own lexicon

Location: blasting across the alkali flats in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...

Yeah, this last string of episodes after they came back from the break have been good-to-great. There's a stillness to it that I admire, which makes the moments of violence all the more effective. Easily the most I've enjoyed this show.

(Haven't watched the finale yet though, hoping they don't drop the ball right before the buzzer.)

Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2014, 05:00 AM   #805
arii
oh, heyyy,

splitting the group up was definitely the best thing they could've done. agreed, it's been really enjoyable to see the way the puzzle starts to fit together, but it also just has so much more of those little moments.

plus the lack of melodrama since the characters are all out in the open and need to just focus on surviving has been aces. nobody's been terrible or the worst or anything and it's been great.

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #806
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

I'm so worried about Beth right now!!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #807
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Yeah, me too! What the hell was she thinking!?
Thought for a final episode, the ending was pretty lame. I dunno, I guess I expected a big action packed shoot-out, with main characters being killed off, like the mid-season finale.
But on the other hand, that would get old very quickly. I'm intrigued (sp?) by the last sentence Rick says, so they managed to get me excited for Season 5.

Guns don't kill people. Physics kill people!

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #808
Drew
Banned

Finally caught up on Walking Dead.

After the big action and plot twists prior to the finale, I was expecting it to end with more of a cliffhanger. Like CeetjeBeetje said, it's probably a good thing though.
Instead we see Rick finally man up and quit being a pussy. Good. His ending line really got me pumped for the future of the series.

Best episode of the season for me had to be "The Grove". This was the one that focused on Carol, Tyreese and the two girls. Very intense hour and a great character driven plot. You knew it was all going to shit when all four of them were in the house and living peaceful, almost "normal". Even when expecting it, the big reveal was a mindfuck. Episodes like these are why I love Walking Dead.

Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  Startug

Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #809
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Yeah, that episode was great! Didn't expect that they would actually kill off characters outside of (mid) season finales. They should keep that up, because I wanna be surprised when someone dies, instead of thinking: Oh, this is the season finale. They'll probably kill off someone.
Anyway, pretty grim killing off those two little girls. Especially Carol shooting the psycho one (I can't remember their names) in the back of the head from point blank range, while Tyreese is watching. That shit is messed up, and just how I like it.
Pretty strange though that at the end of the episode, they don't seem to be carrying the baby with them.

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #810
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

the baby was on tyrese's back. come on man!

User Tag List