Boards & Rec
Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #541
box elder
Forum Leader

like, someone could probably write a pretty long essay on all the things that sucked on this show going back years if they wanted to. i think the reason people finally woke up to how bad the writing is is because before it ended, you could give it the benefit of the doubt that they'd eventually tie all this stuff together or reveal an endgame that all the nonsense necessarily lead to. but nope. it was just meaningless cocks shocks all along

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #542
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I wish I was joking earlier, the only way any of this works for me is to see Bran as some puppet master, whether he thinks for the greater good or he is just evil, but everything has to be laid at his feet (insert can't use them joke).

I agree about the writing, I was also able to dismiss most of the sloppiness...especially the last 3 seasons. my only need was for things to be wrapped up competently. I was even good with everything until Tyrion speaks in front of the 'committee'. there were so many jokes, the laughing at Sam and Sansa talking shit to an uncle who sacrificed as much or even more than her family.

not angry like so many, just disappointed it went out without any info on how they got to the final point.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #543
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah there's a theory that this was all a plot by the children of the forest (who it could be argued have control over bran as the three eyed raven) to take control over the realm of men, since they are potentially responsible for everyone's visions as well, which could have driven the actions of dany, jon, and other major players. and i could actually see something like that playing out in the books tbh. but in the show it was horribly seeded (the show seemed to have contempt for all the supernatural aspects, especially the cotf), and horribly executed. like, what was the end goal? unless there's an implication that bran is going to continue to sow destruction in the realms of men, which i guess you could argue is possible with his "i'm going to find drogon" line?? but again, because none of this was seeded properly at all (shit, the show literally didn't even include bran for over a season), it's hard to argue this is anything other than coming up with stuff not really supported by the text just to make it a better ending

Old 05-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #544
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the new way to discuss the show is to point out just odd things, so how about this one. How did they know Jon killed Dany?

The throne was destroyed, the dragon bailed with Dany's corpse. It looks like it left out the back of the throne room where no one could see much, so did Jon confess? why would he do that? he could have said anything and no one could have offered any dispute to his claims.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 02:40 PM   #545
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

Presumably Jon's dumb ass told them. Why? Who knows. Good reasons aren't needed this season XD

Watched this last night as it was in my Recs. Guy seems to sum up my feelings on things pretty well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 12:25 PM   #546
box elder
Forum Leader

i agree mostly with that, except i think the cracks started showing at least as early as season 4, which he considers the best. i mean, that's the season where they bafflingly rushed through bran's story to the point where they had to bench him for a season to let the rest of the story catch up. if that wasn't an early sign that they had severe pacing issues (and that they didn't have much respect for the source material), i'm not sure what is

User Tag List