Boards & Rec
Old 08-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #1081
xander
<"))))><

Football fans:

I'm playing in a game of NFL PEEHS. What this means is that you want the most obscure correct answer to every question.

Here are the questions:

#1 (Week 1) - Name a team that won its season-opener in 2017, that will lose theirs in 2018
#2 (Week 2) - Name a team that will be undefeated at the end of Week 2
#3 (Week 3) - Name a team that will have lost its home opener by the end of Week 3
#4 (Week 4) - Name an RB that will have had a 100-yard rushing game by the end of Week 4
#5 (Week 5) - Name a QB that will have had multiple 300-yard passing games by the end of Week 5
#6 (Week 6) - Name a team that will have scored a DEF TD and/or a ST TD by the end of Week 6
#7 (Week 7) - Name a K that will have made a FG of 50 yards or longer by the end of Week 7
#8 (Week 8) - Name a QB that will be in the Top 10 for QB Rating at the end of Week 8 (qualified leaders only) (QBR has no bearing on this question)
#9 (Week 9) - Name a defensive player that will be in the Top 20 for combined tackles at the end of Week 9
#10 (Week 10) - Name a team that will be in the Top 10 for Points For at the end of Week 10
#11 (Week 11) - Name a player that will score at least 1 point@joe millerin a winning effort@joe millerin either London or Mexico City by the end of Week 11 (passing TD's are excluded for this question)
#12 (Week 12) - Name a player that will score a TD on Thanksgiving Thursday, in any of the 3 games (passing TD's are excluded for this question)
#13 (Week 13) - Name a team that will be leading or co-leading its division at the end of Week 13
#14 (Week 14) - Name a team that will have held an opponent to single-digits in points (or have shut them out) by the end of Week 14
#15 (Week 15) - Name a WR/RB/TE that will be in the Top 20 for receiving performances (in terms of number of receptions in a game) at the end of Week 15
#16 (Week 16) - Name a team that will have clinched a playoff spot by the end of Week 16
#17 (Season's End) - Name a QB that will finish the 2018 season with at least 25 TD passes
#18 (Season's End) - Name an RB that will finish the 2018 season with at least 1,000 yards rushing
#19 (Season's End) - Name a WR/TE that will finish the 2018 season with at least 1,000 yards receiving
#20 (Season's End) - Name a team that missed the playoffs in 2017, that will make them in 2018
#21 (Season's End) - Name a team that made the playoffs in 2017, that will miss them in 2018
#22 (Season's End) - Name a team that will defeat the Philadelphia Eagles during the 2018 regular season
#23 (Season's End) - Name a player (kicker or otherwise) that will score at least 100 points during the 2018 season (passing TD's count as '0', and fantasy scoring/DFS has no bearing on this question)
#24 (Season's End) - Name a team that will record at least 3 wins versus the other conference during the 2018 regular season
#25 (Season's End) - Name a team that will finish the 2018 regular season with a negative point differential (differentials of '0' will be scored as incorrect)

Here's what I answered:

Atlanta Falcons
Washington Redskins
Oakland Raiders
Dalvin Cook
Jimmy Garoppolo
Philadelphia Eagles
Greg Zuerlein
Jimmy Garoppolo
Christian Kirksey
New Orleans Saints
Jake Elliott
Michael Thomas
Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Michael Thomas
Philadelphia Eagles
Jimmy Garoppolo
Dalvin Cook
Michael Thomas
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Los Angeles Rams
Greg Zuerlein
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Is there anything I've made an obvious mistake with? I don't mean if I answered something that's not likely but possible I mean if I answered something that's practically impossible.

Did I answer a guy who's not playing in the correct position or who is injured? Did I pick a team who doesn't play on the stated day or something else obvious like that?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #1082
box elder
Forum Leader

i just don't understand the premise. what do you mean by "most obscure"? is someone judging if something is "obscure" enough of an answer to be admitted? or do gain more points for something if fewer other people gave that answer?

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #1083
xander
<"))))><

that second thing you said

Old 09-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #1084
box elder
Forum Leader

still probably can't help you. i haven't paid any attention at all to the nfl this offseason and don't plan on following it much during the season either. but you'll be more likely to receive assistance if you make that a little easier to follow i'd bet. ideally you should just paste your answers next to the questions, but at the very least number the answers so it's easier to link to the corresponding question at a glance

Old 09-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #1085
xander
<"))))><

it's just how I happened to have the Qs and As formatted and I posted this on the spur of the moment. I just logged on and saw a football thread and thought about this which was currently going on in my life.

I've never watched a single second of the NFL but I just like playing games. I not sure I really care enough to splice the questions and answers together though.

I did a rand.org and I apparently support the Kansas City Chiefs

Does broom support them perhaps?

Old 09-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #1086
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah probably a good idea since the board is dead anyway and even going to that trouble won't necessarily get a response. uhhh, i'm not sure i've ever seen broom mention liking football at all, but i do know nate was a cheifs fan as a kid. i think he bandwagoned onto the packers at some point though

i'd ask, but they all left shiftercar to post at...a different shiftercar that's invite only

Old 09-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #1087
box elder
Forum Leader

so i guess not everyone even looks at the board anymore and the league went on despite a few people saying to scrap it? i just got an email to "set my lineup." i guess yall can enjoy easy wins when you face me because i will not be active. sorry

Old 09-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #1088
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

I hate nfl

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #1089
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

sometimes its ok i guess

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #1090
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

skinshokiesohyeah

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #1091
box elder
Forum Leader

sorry dantae. turns out the cardinals are just complete trash

Old Today, 01:17 AM   #1092
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

Hey sry guys, didn't see the messages about fantasy until after the draft happened, after this season ill just close out the league

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 11:47 AM   #1093
box elder
Forum Leader

eh, we can re-assess next year. for now it's already going so it's not a big deal. i just logged in for the first time this year and noticed i'm somehow 2-0 despite having a dude on IR and a dude who's holding out in my starting lineup hahah. i am still not going to be very attentive or active, but from now on i will at least try to go in and set my lineup so i don't screw over the folks who are actively participating

User Tag List