Boards & Rec
Old 01-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #1051
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I can sort of see myself pulling for the vikings. zimmer is a guy I root for. just burnt out on this season. it had zero to do with the skins, I expected them to be 8-8 at best. just not a compelling season for me as a viewer. I still watched each week, but man I spaced out a bunch during the games.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #1052
box elder
Forum Leader

i feel you. to be honest the CTE thing is likely going to make me abandon the sport entirely sooner than later, but i've been attempting to ignore the inevitable for now

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #1053
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah that impacts me as well. I know injury is part of the risk for certain, but the protocols are great in theory...but they do not follow them. how many guys go back and come out of that tent a few seconds later? it is just more of a show for the public and a lesser extent the players who are more outspoken about it.

this entire year has just been a downer for obvious reasons. I was so geeked about va tech football each week though. I can not get enough of what Fuente is building there. hopefully he is one of those guys who wants to hang his hat there for a couple of decades.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #1054
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAntae View Post
this entire year has just been a downer for obvious reasons
Honestly not sure what you mean here and am sort of scared to ask. do you mean the entire year as a whole, or specifically with regards to the nfl?

Last edited by box elder; 01-10-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #1055
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

haha. did not mean to make it sound that alarming. just the climate of so much right now socially. I am usually a happy go lucky person, but even this past year the amount of hatred spewed by so many just took some of the basic enjoyment I got out of some things.

as for the nfl, the season just seemed like one disaster after another each week. the injuries to guys who I tend to enjoy watching also played a part. nothing I can point to as the one major factor. just seemed like a meh year for the quality of play on the field.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #1056
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah the nfl is horribly mismanaged. they blacklisted kaep and still ended up getting boycotted by racist mouthbreathers

Old 01-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #1057
wallet inspector
Hardcore Boarder

bortles, keenum and foles being 3 of the remaining qbs is pretty wild

wallet inspector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #1058
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

that was actually a pretty fun divisional round.

wallet, do not forget bortles as of 2 seasons ago was a qb who was on the rise. the offense took a big step back last year in regards to the passing game (which has continued this season). he has a ton of physical talent. I am not sure what happened to him.

as for keenum and foles. prior to this postseason both have shown quality play. foles (in his 2nd year I think_ had a crazy td/int ratio, before a slightly down season the following year. keenum I thought would forever be a backup. he showed he could win a game here or there. I never expected him to make so many plays while moving the pocket. he is great at making something happen on the fly.

as for the saints loss. I felt terribly for the kid who could have made the tackle. freak things happen, but he was a pretty solid rookie starter most of the season. hopefully he can move past it and not let it ruin his career.

Old Yesterday, 02:17 AM   #1059
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

Soooooooooo rooting for the asteroid again this superbowl

anyone else?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #1060
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

the two teams I wanted to win both lost yesterday.

so now I guess it is time to root for the eagles. pats will win though. meh

User Tag List