Boards & Rec
Old 08-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #481
box elder
Forum Leader

i mean, i'm fine with dumb mindless entertainment. i'm a fan of the show burn notice for fuck's sake. but it only starts to annoy me when people start crowning dumb mindless entertainment with "best show on tv!" acclaim and start throwing emmys at it. then i'm like, wait a minute, this isn't something that belongs anywhere near the conversation with stuff like the sopranos, the wire, mad men, etc. and when you dare to point that out people get like personally offended and defensive. which is weird

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  DAntae, kupomog

Old 08-28-2017, 04:42 PM   #482
box elder
Forum Leader

it also doesn't help that twin peaks, which has been absolutely killing it, airs right before this every sunday

Old 08-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #483
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

This show just has a real tendency to be utterly fucking stupid sometimes and it gets really hard to ignore. That doesn't make me hate the show, I am generally entertained at your typical OMG SHIT GOING DOWN moments. I am excited to tune in on Sundays and see all the reactions. Frankly I'm glad there was large amount of people complaining about the time jumps/distances to be traveled in the last ep. Everyone's favorite thing to say is but there's draaaagons and whiiiiite walkers in this show who caaaares how fast Gendry could run, how fast the raven and Daenarys could fly, how quickly Jon should've froze to absolute fucking death underwater, where the Night's King got the chains...

Some of those are the types of errors and oversights that can actually pull a person out of the atmosphere and story and it did this time, several times in the past. Enough that so many people noticed the staff on the show had to actually respond and acknowledge the liberties being taken here with 'fantasy.'

Like I'm hardly a Fandomentals level Book Snob but they are hardly wrong with their assessments. I mean...severe lols

Quote:
We also learn that Jon’s real name is Aegon Targaryen, which I read in the spoilers, but didn’t fully believe was true until now because oh my god that is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. If I was Elia Martell I would have Gone Girl’d Rhaegar by now, because what a fucking asshole. You already have a son named Aegon, but you’re going to name your second child with another wife Aegon as well? And delegitimize your other kids while you’re at it? Great. What a good guy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #484
box elder
Forum Leader

yeah that makes no sense and i can't for the life of me figure out why they'd do that? there's no way they didn't know it was already his other kids' name, right? the ONLY explanation i can think of is if they've never mentioned the name in the show before and did this as another "fuck you" to book readers, since a major plot in the books that the show never bothered with is aegon potentially still being alive (or perhaps an imposer pretending to be him). so the absolute best case is that they named him that as a mean petty joke?

Old 08-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #485
box elder
Forum Leader

i mean, i guess it's possible that came from martin? but much like the annulment story, if that IS from the books there's no way there isn't a huge backstory behind it

Old 08-29-2017, 01:08 AM   #486
black mozart
quite stylish

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
they can't have their cake and eat it too. if arya's so damaged as to be threatening to murder her sister for dumb reasons, then their "make up" scene is pretty worthless, isn't it. also, are you suggesting we weren't supposed to give the "fuck yeah revenge murder!" fist pump as she killed littlefinger? like, she can't be "awesome badass assassin" AND "utterly broken mess" at the same time -- and you certainly can't just pivot back and forth as the plot requires without reason or consequence. that's called shitty writing
yeah i agree with everything you're say ITT, just probably not as bothered by it as you. i should clarify that the second paragraph in my post is kinda negated by the first because either she's acting psychotic or it's part of a plan. the second paragraph was really more in response to criticism of the previous episode that i thought was mildly unfair but i wasn't caught up til last night.

black mozart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #487
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

so the game of thrones writing joke by the rick and morty crew... I got to admit I had a good laugh when I saw it.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #488
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by black mozart View Post
isn't arya's psychotic behavior kinda absolved because she was most likely just doing it to make littlefinger think she was feuding with sansa? she was blind for a while and is probably able to sense when littlefinger is spying on her and when he isn't so she was just trying to throw him off so he could eventually be executed in front of everybody like her father
btw, turns out this was not at all the intent and they really were literally about to murder each other until the finale

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/

Quote:
We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Brans door and says, I need your help, or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and shes like, Oh, s.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #489
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah I read that last week. so now it makes it even more fucking stupid. the bran scene or reference would have really been helpful to the viewer. that is some lazy ass shit right there.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List