Boards & Rec
Old 09-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #2011
Oatpay
razor burnz
 
Oatpay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: sioux falls, sd
Posts: 16,358
Default

so the world cup

why does john tortorella keep getting coaching jobs? he's really the best we could come up with for a coach? what a fucking joke

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #2012
Oatpay
razor burnz
 
Oatpay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: sioux falls, sd
Posts: 16,358
Default

BUMP

JLA, 1979-2017

let's flash back to march 26, 1997!

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #2013
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist
 
Darren.Erg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,226
Default

If The Canucks win tonight imma burn all my shit. This is our chance to get a #1 pick. We fucked up last year not again.

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #2014
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist
 
Darren.Erg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,226
Default

Round 1 picks:

West:
Preds over Blackhawks
Blues over Wild
Ducks over Flames
Sharks over Oilers

East:
Habs over Rangers
Senators over Bruins
Capitals over Leafs
Blue Jackets over Pens

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #2015
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

yeah I do not post in here often...or ever. that said I follow my Caps every season, often to just expect them to lose in the conference semis at best. I am riding the high of beating Pittsburgh. fuck them. Tampa plays a lot like the Penguins, so maybe the ride can continue one more round.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #2016
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

i dont really give a shit about winnipeg, but i was very much pissed off with the "omg winnipeg vs las vegas in a western conference final, how crazy" bullshit that was being thrown around - as if one of those cities isnt 9000 times more deserving of a nhl team than the other, as if one of those cities didnt previously have an nhl team for almost two decades before it got moved to fucking arizona where no one gave a shit and where no one continues to give a shit after two decades - has caused the giving of a shit to emerge. i would rather they would have beaten tampa, i.e. a team from the "cities that shouldnt have a hockey team in the first place" conference, but a win over the capitals will be sufficient to make me at least slightly happy (sorry dan)

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #2017
box elder
Forum Leader
 
box elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,499
Default

so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?

also if you think it's a foregone conclusion that the caps have it in the bag after one game, i'd have to ask whether you've seen this team in the postseason prior to this year


Last edited by box elder; 05-14-2018 at 07:27 AM.
box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #2018
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

yeah no sure things with the Caps. you almost expect them to find a way to lose, but always be so close .

that said being up 2-0 feels pretty damn good. I have no idea how it will play out, but a true finals run would be awesome. not because they make it there, but because no one saw it coming.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #2019
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

sean my dude i dont really know where you're going with whatever it is you are going with. i was just making jokes bruh

and your argument about "which towns want.." is so weird that i dont feel in the position to answer it

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #2020
box elder
Forum Leader
 
box elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
and your argument about "which towns want.." is so weird that i dont feel in the position to answer it
Hmm. Well seeing as I literally didnít use any of those three words, Iím kind of confused by it myself

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 02:53 AM   #2021
arii
oh, heyyy,
 
arii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,647
Default

what i'm getting from all this is fuck winnipeg and i agree. we can't have them thinking they're hot shit. they did that once in the 2011 cfl season and it was hell

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #2022
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

i agree fuck winnipeg but only to a very, extremely specific, specific, extent. but my previous post was based on me really not knowing what the fuck sean was talking about by "so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?". like, which city and what idiots. what the fuck are you talking about. how does that connect to my post

i mean my initial post was stridently pro-winnipeg (even though no one should ever go there because its awful)


Last edited by prince jafar allah; 05-16-2018 at 06:19 AM.
prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #2023
arii
oh, heyyy,
 
arii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,647
Default

in fairness i don't really know where you were coming from with your first post and i dont think sean did either

anyway go caps, they're the only tolerable team left (also they're my second favourite team anyway so there's that), even if they do leave me feeling protective over tom wilson despite objectively knowing he sucks

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #2024
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

^haha.

anyhow, I expected a home loss. I was hoping it would be game 4 instead. I still think the caps are going to win the conference finals. they just are beating up people, but last night was the definition of being a caps fan. fall behind early at home. the crowd freaks out and the team sort of just mails it in. next game they have to set the tone from the beginning. blade to the neck if you will.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #2025
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

i think it was fairly obvious from my first post that i think all non-canadians should be killed. dont really know what more i have to explain

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #2026
box elder
Forum Leader
 
box elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
my previous post was based on me really not knowing what the fuck sean was talking about by "so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?". like, which city and what idiots. what the fuck are you talking about. how does that connect to my post
Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
i was very much pissed off with the "omg winnipeg vs las vegas in a western conference final, how crazy" bullshit that was being thrown around
I assume that you read people saying things like this, so those would be the idiots I referred to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
as if one of those cities didnt previously have an nhl team for almost two decades before it got moved to fucking arizona where no one gave a shit and where no one continues to give a shit after two decades Ö.but a win over the capitals will be sufficient to make me at least slightly happy
So, the city I referred to was Washington. I figured that would be pretty clear in this context, since you specifically called them out as wanting to see them lose?

I mean, I basically read your post as ďpeople are acting like itís crazy for Winnipeg to be in the semis, but they deserve to be there because itís a hockey town, and therefore I hope they beat the capitals.Ē If that wasnít what you were saying then my bad. If it was, then I donít really see how my reply is confusing?

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #2027
box elder
Forum Leader
 
box elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,499
Default

i'm not gonna go any farther into this because i'm not even a big hockey fan. i just have an uncontrollable urge to defend DC in any and every way i guess

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #2028
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

you read my post entirely correctly. i have nothing against the capitals or dc (i dont have strong feelings either way for both team or city), i was just saying that im now more inclined to root for winnipeg than i otherwise would have been. its all good

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #2029
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

shit. helldamnfart. here we go. sigh.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #2030
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

each post will be me diving more and more into madness.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #2031
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

a lightning-vegas final would be like hillary-trump except this time i can actually root for trump because the result is probably not going to adversely affect the existence of humanity

the capitals are, uh, jeb bush i guess

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #2032
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

oh man, now I have hope again. caps win game 7..5-1. because....why not.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #2033
box elder
Forum Leader
 
box elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 19,499
Default

Don’t do it to yourself, man

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #2034
prince jafar allah
"..."
 
prince jafar allah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,419
Default

the capitals did look much, much better in that game than in all the previous games in the series. but yeah historically theyre not a team its wise to actually have hope in

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 10:55 PM   #2035
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

Fuck yes. So stoked. Just hope they make it count and win it all. History be damned. Fuck yeahhhh

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2018, 01:09 AM   #2036
arii
oh, heyyy,
 
arii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,647
Default

fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes

god i wanna see ovi lift the cup so bad

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #2037
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder
 
DAntae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,704
Default

I remember 20 years ago thinking the Caps would make it back several times.

I have a box in my bedroom closet of old shirts/jerseys etc. I pulled out a Rod Langway jersey. It was my pops. I am planning to wear it during the finals. man he would enjoy the hell out of this run.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2018, 12:25 AM   #2038
Sex Cauldron
Wombshifter
 
Sex Cauldron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: LAS
Posts: 2,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arii View Post
anyway go caps, they're the only tolerable team left
Never seen anyone describe an expansion team as intolerable... but I never understood hockey anyway.

It is amusing to see everyone go nuts here when the game starts... most of the action stops, and the bars fill up. Apparently the books are going to be sweating the finals hard, as all the degenerate gamblers took a flyer at 500-1 at the start of the season.

Sex Cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #2039
arii
oh, heyyy,
 
arii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,647
Default

i've never seen an entire fanbase develop a persecution complex so fast and yet here we are

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #2040
Sex Cauldron
Wombshifter
 
Sex Cauldron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: LAS
Posts: 2,046
Default

I've never heard a VGK fan complain about anything. I mean, how could they?

Sex Cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Designed By vBInspired.com