Boards & Rec
Old 06-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #2041
mikel
Has the mark of Cain

_________________________________________________________________________________________

mikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #2042
box elder
Forum Leader

oh my god you're a penguins fan too?

threadbanned

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #2043
Oatpay
razor burnz

so the world cup

why does john tortorella keep getting coaching jobs? he's really the best we could come up with for a coach? what a fucking joke

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #2044
Oatpay
razor burnz

BUMP

JLA, 1979-2017

let's flash back to march 26, 1997!

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #2045
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

If The Canucks win tonight imma burn all my shit. This is our chance to get a #1 pick. We fucked up last year not again.

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #2046
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

Round 1 picks:

West:
Preds over Blackhawks
Blues over Wild
Ducks over Flames
Sharks over Oilers

East:
Habs over Rangers
Senators over Bruins
Capitals over Leafs
Blue Jackets over Pens

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #2047
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah I do not post in here often...or ever. that said I follow my Caps every season, often to just expect them to lose in the conference semis at best. I am riding the high of beating Pittsburgh. fuck them. Tampa plays a lot like the Penguins, so maybe the ride can continue one more round.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #2048
prince jafar allah
"..."

i dont really give a shit about winnipeg, but i was very much pissed off with the "omg winnipeg vs las vegas in a western conference final, how crazy" bullshit that was being thrown around - as if one of those cities isnt 9000 times more deserving of a nhl team than the other, as if one of those cities didnt previously have an nhl team for almost two decades before it got moved to fucking arizona where no one gave a shit and where no one continues to give a shit after two decades - has caused the giving of a shit to emerge. i would rather they would have beaten tampa, i.e. a team from the "cities that shouldnt have a hockey team in the first place" conference, but a win over the capitals will be sufficient to make me at least slightly happy (sorry dan)

prince jafar allah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #2049
box elder
Forum Leader

so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?

also if you think it's a foregone conclusion that the caps have it in the bag after one game, i'd have to ask whether you've seen this team in the postseason prior to this year

Last edited by box elder; 05-14-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #2050
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

yeah no sure things with the Caps. you almost expect them to find a way to lose, but always be so close .

that said being up 2-0 feels pretty damn good. I have no idea how it will play out, but a true finals run would be awesome. not because they make it there, but because no one saw it coming.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #2051
prince jafar allah
"..."

sean my dude i dont really know where you're going with whatever it is you are going with. i was just making jokes bruh

and your argument about "which towns want.." is so weird that i dont feel in the position to answer it

Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #2052
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince jafar allah View Post
and your argument about "which towns want.." is so weird that i dont feel in the position to answer it
Hmm. Well seeing as I literally didnít use any of those three words, Iím kind of confused by it myself

Old 05-16-2018, 02:53 AM   #2053
arii
oh, heyyy,

what i'm getting from all this is fuck winnipeg and i agree. we can't have them thinking they're hot shit. they did that once in the 2011 cfl season and it was hell

arii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #2054
prince jafar allah
"..."

i agree fuck winnipeg but only to a very, extremely specific, specific, extent. but my previous post was based on me really not knowing what the fuck sean was talking about by "so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?". like, which city and what idiots. what the fuck are you talking about. how does that connect to my post

i mean my initial post was stridently pro-winnipeg (even though no one should ever go there because its awful)

Last edited by prince jafar allah; 05-16-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #2055
arii
oh, heyyy,

in fairness i don't really know where you were coming from with your first post and i dont think sean did either

anyway go caps, they're the only tolerable team left (also they're my second favourite team anyway so there's that), even if they do leave me feeling protective over tom wilson despite objectively knowing he sucks

Old 05-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #2056
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

^haha.

anyhow, I expected a home loss. I was hoping it would be game 4 instead. I still think the caps are going to win the conference finals. they just are beating up people, but last night was the definition of being a caps fan. fall behind early at home. the crowd freaks out and the team sort of just mails it in. next game they have to set the tone from the beginning. blade to the neck if you will.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #2057
prince jafar allah
"..."

i think it was fairly obvious from my first post that i think all non-canadians should be killed. dont really know what more i have to explain

Old 05-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #2058
box elder
Forum Leader

Quote:
my previous post was based on me really not knowing what the fuck sean was talking about by "so a city that does care about hockey and hasn't ever won a title in its 40+ year existence can go fuck themselves because some idiots had a bad take on the series from the other conference?". like, which city and what idiots. what the fuck are you talking about. how does that connect to my post
Huh?
Quote:
i was very much pissed off with the "omg winnipeg vs las vegas in a western conference final, how crazy" bullshit that was being thrown around
I assume that you read people saying things like this, so those would be the idiots I referred to.
Quote:
as if one of those cities didnt previously have an nhl team for almost two decades before it got moved to fucking arizona where no one gave a shit and where no one continues to give a shit after two decades Ö.but a win over the capitals will be sufficient to make me at least slightly happy
So, the city I referred to was Washington. I figured that would be pretty clear in this context, since you specifically called them out as wanting to see them lose?

I mean, I basically read your post as ďpeople are acting like itís crazy for Winnipeg to be in the semis, but they deserve to be there because itís a hockey town, and therefore I hope they beat the capitals.Ē If that wasnít what you were saying then my bad. If it was, then I donít really see how my reply is confusing?

Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #2059
box elder
Forum Leader

i'm not gonna go any farther into this because i'm not even a big hockey fan. i just have an uncontrollable urge to defend DC in any and every way i guess

Old 05-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #2060
prince jafar allah
"..."

you read my post entirely correctly. i have nothing against the capitals or dc (i dont have strong feelings either way for both team or city), i was just saying that im now more inclined to root for winnipeg than i otherwise would have been. its all good

Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #2061
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

shit. helldamnfart. here we go. sigh.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #2062
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

each post will be me diving more and more into madness.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #2063
prince jafar allah
"..."

a lightning-vegas final would be like hillary-trump except this time i can actually root for trump because the result is probably not going to adversely affect the existence of humanity

the capitals are, uh, jeb bush i guess

Old 05-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #2064
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

oh man, now I have hope again. caps win game 7..5-1. because....why not.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #2065
box elder
Forum Leader

Don’t do it to yourself, man

Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #2066
prince jafar allah
"..."

the capitals did look much, much better in that game than in all the previous games in the series. but yeah historically theyre not a team its wise to actually have hope in

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #2067
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

Fuck yes. So stoked. Just hope they make it count and win it all. History be damned. Fuck yeahhhh

Old Today, 01:09 AM   #2068
arii
oh, heyyy,

fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes

god i wanna see ovi lift the cup so bad

Old Today, 02:59 PM   #2069
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

I remember 20 years ago thinking the Caps would make it back several times.

I have a box in my bedroom closet of old shirts/jerseys etc. I pulled out a Rod Langway jersey. It was my pops. I am planning to wear it during the finals. man he would enjoy the hell out of this run.

User Tag List