Boards & Rec
Old 05-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #1051
box elder
Forum Leader

finished the tarrey town quest
 the reward is just a couple diamonds....i swear they hinted that i'd get a second house out of this so i'm kind of pissed off (though to be fair, the completed tarrey town definitely has the best shop. and you can stay at the inn for free i think) 

also up to 113 shrines, so i figure i may as well tackle ganon now, though i'll probably wait until next weekend

box elder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #1052
kupomog
spring love, come back to me

The  wedding and request to name any new children -SON  at the end of that made me lol.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kupomog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #1053
box elder
Forum Leader

so, like i said i want to wait until the weekend to beat the game so i can really take my time, but i had a little time to play last night and decided to just wander some more in areas of the map that looked fairly empty. ended up finding 2 more shrines, so now i'm only 1 short of another heart container and figure i may try to find another one before beating it (i'm sure i'm just stalling at this point lol). also, if there are only 120 shrines then that definitely doesn't give you a full stamina wheel plus full 2 rows of hearts, so is there another non-orb way to upgrade those? seems odd that they'd make it so you couldn't upgrade both fully

Old 05-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #1054
kupomog

You have to choose one or the other but DLC coming w/ shrines so maybe in the future we can.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #1055
box elder
Forum Leader

so i beat ganon on saturday.  one thing i would have liked is to be able to play post-end game. like, walk around and talk to people having defeated ganon. maybe that was too much to ask, but it is kind of annoying that after you beat it it just brings you back to the main screen and the last save point (prior to beating it) is where you have to start. which means you still have "defeat ganon" as an objective even though you've already done it.

also, as an actual spoiler for the end battle, when you face his second form, it gives you a horse. i had no idea what was going on so i stupidy rode right towards him and my horse was immediately killed. i was still able to beat him without a horse but it was way more of a pain in my ass 

also up to 117 shrines now so i definitely want to go ahead and find the last 3 to complete that at least

Old 05-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #1056
kupomog

Mostly been exploring the Akkala region now. Found Robbie, did a few shrines, found Fang and Bone. Need to go get Dinraal's scale. Marked a few blue-maned Lynels I want to avoid but I did come across two Black Hinox that I killed surprisingly easily. Gonna see if the same method will work for the Hinox brothers.

Almost got the whole Twilight Princess outfit set from the Smash Bros Link amiibo, too. Just need the hat.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #1057
box elder
Forum Leader

there's a lynel near mount floria that i think must be the easiest one. i've beaten him twice but still haven't beaten any other ones. if you need that  h...oof  i'd definitely tackle that one first

Old 05-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #1058
Jared
6ft. 187

i finally got some playing time again last night and i'm inside the camel divine beast. i was kind of putting it off based on the difficulty sean had and i've read about elsewhere. but it was much easier than the death mountain ascent or the elephant attack sequence for those two divine beasts.

i went inside the outpost that you meet the gerudo princess before battling the camel and there was a long range bow in a chest that i grabbed which i suspect is why shooting the hooves was pretty easy. missed only 4 shots and think it lasted 2 min tops.

Jared is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #1059
kupomog

Is that the Phrenic Bow? I had something that does FPV long range shots and it was called that.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #1060
Jared
6ft. 187

i think it was a called a golden bow, although now that you say that i think i have a phrenic bow, but didn't realize it was good for long range as well.

favorite is korok bow or lynel bow. 3 for 1 shots plus the barbarian helm do some pretty good damage.

Jared is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #1061
kupomog

Oh yeah the Forest Dweller's Bow is the shit. I actually didn't wanna break mine so I put it on the wall of my house for the moment, haha.

I'm on the quest to find a Duplex Box to show the little kid in Hateno I think. Joshua has like 3 of them in his game lol.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #1062
box elder
Forum Leader

i'm starting to think the difficulty of the divine beasts is pretty heavily skewed towards which ones you tackle first? though i'm still incredibly awful at aiming arrows while moving, so maybe not

Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #1063
DAntae
Hardcore Boarder

ditto on the arrows. if stationary I feel like a marksman. add movement and well, I wasted too many.

nintendo store was pretty cool. I was expecting it to be more grand. still a cool place with way too many cute items. not a ton of games which sort of irked me. anyhow upstairs they had some nice zelda items. I got a kirby decked out as link, a new loz case for my switch and some other small junk. they do have an awesome display of all the zelda games released. the replica master sword was super cool. I plan to load up a couple of pics if anyone is interested. they had a ganon mini bust I wanted to pick up but the price was crazy for what it was.

DAntae is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List