Originally Posted by überweiss View Post
pitbull
LOL

bun_slew_gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #32
red_planet
Boarder

best coast too.

also agree with all @kimpantaloons suggestions: new found glory, FOB, etc.

red_planet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #33
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

i'm more of an appreciator of fall out boy and not necessarily a fan. i sing the fuck out of their songs on rock band and karaoke, but i can't see myself actively buying their CDs or going to a concert. and yes i have seen FOB in concert but only because NFG opened for them.

i know it's not me, but i make fun of my husband for defending mumford and sons.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

kimpantaloons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #34
Oatpay
razor burnz

as you should

Oatpay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #35
black mozart
quite stylish

*insert band i like*

black mozart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #36
joel of arc
i need my eyes excited.

yeah pretty much all of them

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Playing the Canon

joel of arc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #37
derek
貴重な体液

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate #2 View Post
*insert band i like*
what bands do you like? deerhunter and the flaming lips? you SUCK dude.

derek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #38
bristol palace
boards before broads

i like every pop act from the late 90s/early 2000s. nsync, backstreet boys, b*witched, hanson, savage garden, all saints, etc

bristol palace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #39
ser hughes of cornhusker
the minstrel in the gallery

basically all of my favorite bands have been mocked by somebody in my life, at least on a more general level. i'm honestly fine with it, it's led me to analyze my picks and in the past i have realized that while i still LIKE a band, they're not as great as i thought they were

that said, i'm proud to say i've NEVER stopped liking a band because peer pressure said i should

Under construction

ser hughes of cornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
überweiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpantaloons View Post
how do you feel about their new song?

do you like their new album?
'my songs know what you did in the dark' is cool as an idea but the song's only okay. the album itself however!!!!!!!!!!! almost as good as paramore. both albums are so musically tight and have such soaring, life-affirming choruses. 'young volcanoes' by fall out boy has to be the smash of the summer. it's like a mix of 'we are young' & 'hey soul sister' but instead of being terrible it's amazing. and 'alone together'! and 'just one yesterday'! and the elton john, courtney love and big sean features, all of which are amazing!

paramore's album is just absolutely insane. 'still into you' is like a taylor swift song & that's the highest compliment possible. I SHOULD BE OVER ALL THE BUTTERFLIES and jesus christ 'ain't it fun' is on some late '90s mariah carey REALNESS. and 'proof' and 'anklebiters' are such unadulterated blissful jams. it's start to finish brilliance, the first single 'now' is the least great thing on it! it doesn't have as many songs that go as hard as on brand new eyes (the 3 choruses on 'ignorance' ) but there are so many exciting style changes from song to song on the new album. soooooo good. you???

überweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #41
überweiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun_slew_gladiator View Post
fuck whoever gave you shit for this
boring people

i saw a youtube video once trying to slam mariah by listing some of her lyrics like 'if we were two lego blocks even the harvard university graduating class of 2010 couldn't put us back together again' & 'them chickens is ash & i'm lotion' and it's like ERM THOSE ARE SO AMAZING WHAT WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE SO BORING AND DUMB

überweiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #42
shackleton
philistine

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
fun.
i think it goes against the spirit of this thread to comment on this

so

shackleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #43
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by überweiss View Post
'my songs know what you did in the dark' is cool as an idea but the song's only okay. the album itself however!!!!!!!!!!! almost as good as paramore. both albums are so musically tight and have such soaring, life-affirming choruses. 'young volcanoes' by fall out boy has to be the smash of the summer. it's like a mix of 'we are young' & 'hey soul sister' but instead of being terrible it's amazing. and 'alone together'! and 'just one yesterday'! and the elton john, courtney love and big sean features, all of which are amazing!

paramore's album is just absolutely insane. 'still into you' is like a taylor swift song & that's the highest compliment possible. I SHOULD BE OVER ALL THE BUTTERFLIES and jesus christ 'ain't it fun' is on some late '90s mariah carey REALNESS. and 'proof' and 'anklebiters' are such unadulterated blissful jams. it's start to finish brilliance, the first single 'now' is the least great thing on it! it doesn't have as many songs that go as hard as on brand new eyes (the 3 choruses on 'ignorance' ) but there are so many exciting style changes from song to song on the new album. soooooo good. you???
no real opinion on new FOB since i heard they got back together a few months back. didn't know they released more songs outside of that first one. i guess i'll have to look into it but honestly 'from under the cork tree' was the CD of theirs that i thoroughly enjoyed

gave the paramore a listen to yesterday and i really liked 'still into you' right away. usually i have to listen to a song a few times to get into it. maybe i like it even more because i know who it's about. (did i ever mention that i saw hayley and chad at disneyland a couple years ago?)
the rest of the CD didn't catch me right away, but i was kind of listening to it in the background since i was listening at work. i will have to give it a few more listens. i feel that i will like it better than 'brand new eyes' though.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #44
Krusty the Funny Klown
Hardcore Boarder

Paramore is that band with the girl who turns her journal entries into songs set to Evanescence music, right?

Kind of like Evanescence but with less pomp, or Taylor Swift with less Evanescence.

Krusty the Funny Klown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #45
derek
貴重な体液

speaking of evanescence, i used to know a girl who's email address was like

xyouxneverxcallxmexwhenxyourexsoberx@hotmail.com

it took me like a minute to type that out correctly, i'd hate to have to input that everytime i wanted to log into my email

Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #46
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Jimbert 90210 View Post
Paramore is that band with the girl who turns her journal entries into songs set to Evanescence music, right?

Kind of like Evanescence but with less pomp, or Taylor Swift with less Evanescence.
i guess i can see where you're going with that but not really imo. to me it's less about heartbreak/emo shit and more about the shit going on with the band. but i never really listened to evanescense so i can't really say...

Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #47
derek
貴重な体液

does anyone remember that piano ballad evanescence did that had the black and white video and the guitarists jumped in the air in slow motion like playing a powerchord was the most epic shit they've ever done in their lives?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #48
Krusty the Funny Klown
Hardcore Boarder

The CD player in my car's been broken for years so I have a fairly absurd knowledge of pop music thanks to commercial radio. I know four Evanescence songs off the top of my head (Bring Me To Life, Going Under, My Immortal and What You Want) but I only like one of them (Going Under).

I really only made that post to make a joke about Paramore that I ended up deleting due to it not fitting with my other comments, and I would have deleted the entire post but Derek replied to it.

The joke I removed from the post btw was this:

Quote:
Paramore? More like ParaLESS, am I right music snobs???

Thumbs up, please.
Fascinating, eh?

Krusty the Funny Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
by:  BILLY

Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #49
red_planet
Boarder

i liked the new FOB album but it was entirely way too pop, which of course is strange to say for fall out boy. the whole thing seemed like overkill... every song had a huge hook, every song had synth backing. that's not to say i didn't enjoy it. i like the direction they're going in. the production reminds me of my beautiful dark twisted fantasy in that it's just humongous and maximalist. folie a deux was the best FOB record, IMO. if you had to start anywhere, start there @kimpantaloons

Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #50
shackleton
philistine

yeah the new fall out boy was way too poppy

*blasts First Date*

by:  red_planet

Old 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #51
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

holy hell, Take this to Your Grave is the best FOB album. Couple good songs on Cork tree but the rest is shit.

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #52
shackleton
philistine

heheh

you guys think you're safe in here huh

by:  überweiss

Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
shackleton
philistine

blink 182 sucks.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #54
Darren.Erg
Anti-Romantic Miserablist

they're okay

Darren.Erg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #55
red_planet
Boarder

nowhere near good charlotte, right

Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #56
The Sovereign
Hella wet

My sister had that good charlotte CD. I should probably give her shit for it, and for liking Cobra Starship

The Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
kimpantaloons
bobby sherman?!?

@Tyler I like the more pop punky stuff and would rather shy away from more poppy type shite. I won't skip it when it comes on pandora, but I don't even see myself taking the time to download it from a torrent

Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #58
Fuzzy Dunlop
#盗品

of those not already taken, Fairport Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPalooza View Post
She has an intriguingly long ass crack.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #59
chris

by whom

i'll unload half my bag of bricks on them at the million dollar bash ohh baby ohh eee

chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #60
Fuzzy Dunlop
#盗品

once some of their more ren faire tracks off liege and lief came up on shuffle in my car and my friends gave me shit for weeks over Tam Lin... and no amount of "Richard Thompson is really rad" made any difference

Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote

User Tag List