View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #448
CeetjeBeetje
Brick fucking MASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by box elder View Post
i mean, you specifically complained that certain people are not being allowed to use "slurs" against groups they're not a part of, sooo
Where exactly are you getting this from? I never complained about certain people not being able to use slurs. Don't put words in my mouth.

You can't be offensive without at least a single person being offended. If we would have to blast everyone who's being offensive, we'd literally have to blast everyone for being offensive.
That's the point I'm trying to make here. If someone is saying something "offensive", but you're not offended by it, how could it be offensive? And I get that there are some shitty people trying their best to be as offensive as possible. I'm not saying that that is ok. It's pretty clear to most people what the worst things are to say to someone.
I'm not talking about that and I'm certainly not condoning that. Please stop assuming that I do.

What I'm trying to get across is that where the line is regarding what is offensive and what is not offensive, is incredibly vague. Even when you try to be as pc as possible, someone, somewhere will be offended. You can never be completely inoffensive. So what should we do about that then?
Could we possibly be less offended by a lot of things going on in our lives? If so, the amount of offensive people will go down fast.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Guns don't kill people. Physics kill people!

CeetjeBeetje is offline   Reply With Quote